Chris Donald

Big Country

:D I just laugh at that comment. Notre Dame can't win a big game to compete for a national title. Weis is a great pro offensive minded coach, but he has yet to prove he can win the big game at the collegiate level. People forget college football and NFL football are two different breeds.

Tennessee has a great tradition of quality LB, I don't understand why he wouldn't want to stay in state. But hey ND is the most overhyped school in the country. He should watch the Sugar Bowl before making his decision.

LOL, they haven't won a bowl game in over ten years...and LSU will destroy them this year...but they are gonna win a national title? Notre Dame fans are the most illogical, unrealistic fans around.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, they haven't won a bowl game in over ten years...and LSU will destroy them this year...but they are gonna win a national title? Notre Dame fans are the most illogical, unrealistic fans around.

As the resident Notre Dame fan on this board, I have to laugh. Betcha Notre Dame wins a national title before Tennessee does. Tennessee has won a grand total of 1 national title, and that was when Florida State had to use a waterboy at QB. When Tennessee fans talk about recruits who should consider going to Tennessee so they will have a good shot at a national title, how "illogical" and "unrealistic" do you think that sounds to non-Tennessee worshippers on this board? Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia. Their programs are more prestigious than Tennessee's, which has the honor of being the 5th best program in what is (this year and often in other years) the most powerful conference in the nation, so best try to climb in the SEC before you label yourself a perennial national contender..

As for Notre Dame's bowl record, it doesn't bother me any more than any other Notre Dame loss. It would be a good thing to beat LSU, but life will go on in any case, at least they are playing in a BCS bowl.

Tennessee is putting together a good recruiting year, but Notre Dame will recruit more 4 and 5-star high schoolers. I try to track Notre Dame's recruiting progress fairly closely, and I think some of you do the same thing with Tennessee's recruiting. I always try to check the GPA's and SAT/ACT scores of the recruits. I wonder if you do the same for future Vols. Notre Dame's graduation rate is 99.3% over the past decade. I am proud of that, and I hope the university is also, Notre Dame does not have a branch office at the South Bend police department, as the Vols do at Knoxville. ND will have 3--maybe 4 players taken in the first round of the pro draft (Quinn, Samardzija, McKnight, Abiamiri). Tennessee will probably have Meacham and Sears.

If the way some of you look at Tennessee football is "logical" and "realistic," then I am happy to be labeled "illogical" and "unrealistic."

As the resident Notre Dame fan on this board, I have to laugh. Betcha Notre Dame wins a national title before Tennessee does. Tennessee has won a grand total of 1 national title, and that was when Florida State had to use a waterboy at QB. When Tennessee fans talk about recruits who should consider going to Tennessee so they will have a good shot at a national title, how "illogical" and "unrealistic" do you think that sounds to non-Tennessee worshippers on this board? Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia. Their programs are more prestigious than Tennessee's, which has the honor of being the 5th best program in what is (this year and often in other years) the most powerful conference in the nation, so best try to climb in the SEC before you label yourself a perennial national contender..

As for Notre Dame's bowl record, it doesn't bother me any more than any other Notre Dame loss. It would be a good thing to beat LSU, but life will go on in any case, at least they are playing in a BCS bowl.

Tennessee is putting together a good recruiting year, but Notre Dame will recruit more 4 and 5-star high schoolers. I try to track Notre Dame's recruiting progress fairly closely, and I think some of you do the same thing with Tennessee's recruiting. I always try to check the GPA's and SAT/ACT scores of the recruits. I wonder if you do the same for future Vols. Notre Dame's graduation rate is 99.3% over the past decade. I am proud of that, and I hope the university is also, Notre Dame does not have a branch office at the South Bend police department, as the Vols do at Knoxville. ND will have 3--maybe 4 players taken in the first round of the pro draft (Quinn, Samardzija, McKnight, Abiamiri). Tennessee will probably have Meacham and Sears.

If the way some of you look at Tennessee football is "logical" and "realistic," then I am happy to be labeled "illogical" and "unrealistic."

I guess you were more than happy to prove my point.

And last time I checked UT had six national championships, but who cares, I'm not living in the past like so many Domers like to do.

Brady Quinn a first round pick? He never steps up against the big teams and pads his stats against the bottom half teams in America. My opinion is biased, but if I was a pro scout Erik Ainge would be higher than Quinn on my board.

Brady Quinn a first round pick? He never steps up against the big teams and pads his stats against the bottom half teams in America. My opinion is biased, but if I was a pro scout Erik Ainge would be higher than Quinn on my board.

Take your orange glasses off man...Brady Quinn has the most upside at the next level...I also think the kid from Hawaii and Troy Smith will be good nfl QB's in time...Ainge has an NFL arm as well, but I don't think his decision making is anything near Brady Quinn's...I could see Ainge having a very similar career to Ryan Leaf...Same build, same arm...Atleast Leaf had a great college career...You say he never steps up against big teams...What has Ainge done? If not for Cutcliffe, he'd be very average, as he was last year...He's got the size and the arm but it ends there for Mr. Ainge..

As far as Chris Donald goes...I see him going with Notre Dame...If he was going to Tennessee, I think he'd want everyone to know that he was staying in the state...If you remember, Patrick Turner from Goodpasture waited until the All-American game to make his announcement...He elected to go to USC, contrary to what a lot of people thought...Same situation here, in my opinion...I've also heard his family really likes the idea of him going to Notre Dame...Like a guy said before me...The 99% graduation rate is something to be taken into account...That is something that parents will hold more valuable than athletic success...The odds are against him to play NFL so that degree will look really good when he has to get a job and make a living...As far as aspirations for the NFL someday if he does become good enough, I'd rather take my chances playing under Charlie Weis, a guy who's been there and had success as a coach, than Phillip Fulmer...

Edited by red_16

Take your orange glasses off man...Brady Quinn has the most upside at the next level...I also think the kid from Hawaii and Troy Smith will be good nfl QB's in time...Ainge has an NFL arm as well, but I don't think his decision making is anything near Brady Quinn's...I could see Ainge having a very similar career to Ryan Leaf...Same build, same arm...Atleast Leaf had a great college career...You say he never steps up against big teams...What has Ainge done? If not for Cutcliffe, he'd be very average, as he was last year...He's got the size and the arm but it ends there for Mr. Ainge..

As far as Chris Donald goes...I see him going with Notre Dame...If he was going to Tennessee, I think he'd want everyone to know that he was staying in the state...If you remember, Patrick Turner from Goodpasture waited until the All-American game to make his announcement...He elected to go to USC, contrary to what a lot of people thought...Same situation here, in my opinion...I've also heard his family really likes the idea of him going to Notre Dame...Like a guy said before me...The 99% graduation rate is something to be taken into account...That is something that parents will hold more valuable than athletic success...The odds are against him to play NFL so that degree will look really good when he has to get a job and make a living...As far as aspirations for the NFL someday if he does become good enough, I'd rather take my chances playing under Charlie Weis, a guy who's been there and had success as a coach, than Phillip Fulmer...

HMMMMMM I WONDER WHICH SCHOOL HAS PUT THE MOST PLAYERSA IN THE NFL OVER THE LAST 15 YRS. I SERIOUSLY DONT THINK N.D HAS PUT MORE THERE THEN TENNESSEE. ;)

HMMMMMM I WONDER WHICH SCHOOL HAS PUT THE MOST PLAYERSA IN THE NFL OVER THE LAST 15 YRS. I SERIOUSLY DONT THINK N.D HAS PUT MORE THERE THEN TENNESSEE. :blink:

Tennessee has also put more players in the judicial system....No wonder Tennessee gets all the committments that they do...I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows about the very colorful recruiting visits they offer to their elite recruits...That's not just speculation, that's coming straight from the mouth of Jamarcus Russell and Ainge himself at the Manning Passing Academy two years ago...Also, Weis hasn't been there for the past 15 years...If he had, I promise Notre Dame would have more players in the NFL, as they will in this year's draft

Tennessee has also put more players in the judicial system....No wonder Tennessee gets all the committments that they do...I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows about the very colorful recruiting visits they offer to their elite recruits...That's not just speculation, that's coming straight from the mouth of Jamarcus Russell and Ainge himself at the Manning Passing Academy two years ago...Also, Weis hasn't been there for the past 15 years...If he had, I promise Notre Dame would have more players in the NFL, as they will in this year's draft

WHAT BIG THINGS HAVE WEIS DONE? WOW THERE GOING TO A BCS GAME, WHICH THEY DON`T DESERVE TO BE GOING TO, AND YOU AND ALL THE ND FANS WILL FIND THAT OUT L.S.U. BLOWS THEM OUT. YOU NEED TO STOP LIVING IN THE PAST THE 4 HORSEMAN ARE GONE! PAUL HORNING IS GONE AND JOE MONTANA IS GONE N.D. AT BEST IS AND HAS BEEN A AVERAGE TEAM SINCE HOLTS LEFT. THATS THE WRITIN ON THE WALL ! :blink: