Drew Maddux making strides at CPA

divepix

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew is as bad a coach as he was a player. He was known for his false hustle (diving for a ball long after it was stolen or out of bounds) , no defense and shoot the ball every time it touched his hands. When he was hired at CPA, the statement said he was a good recruiter. Funny, I thought CPA didnt give scholarships? Something fishy seems to be in the works. Just watch him fold in a big game like he always did.

crimsontide43,

A bad player? Drew is #5 in career points at Vandy with 1,689 only 35 points behind Phil Cox who is #1. Drew is 2 points behind Clyde Lee and 10 points behind Mike Rhodes. Charles Davis is #6 by the way.

There is no "i" in "team" but there are 2 in idiot.

Anyone who watches CPA play will see that Coach Maddux has a great passion for the game and his players. I would be proud to have my son follow in Drew's footsteps.

As far as recruiting goes 3 of the 4 sophomore starters have been at CPA since kindergarten. Zeke Mason came in the 7th grade and the only senior starter I believe has been there since kindergarten as well.

I coached Drew in AAU with the Tennessee Travelers for 3 years. He was always a money player for us, and he was a team guy. That particular group of players had so much success because everyone was unselfish, including Drew.

Drew was obviously a very good college player, as his numbers would indicate.

I haven't seen CPA play, but they have some very good young talent.