Centennial getting new players

streetballa4evuh

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should have read all of the board before I spoke. oops. Still my point is correct. MBA beat trinity and MBA was not very good. Your statement about their jv beating most of middle tn varsity teams is a joke and a knock on Tennessee football. Why dont you tell Ravenwood, Smyrna, Hillsboro, BA, Goodpasture, etc. that trinity's jv could beat their varsity teams. ha

Well, in '04 Centennial hung 30 or so on Ravenwood but we all know what's happened since then. Just because MBA beat Trinity a couple years ago really doesn't mean much.

A check of the Trinity website indicates the 2006 jv team averaged 41 ppg while giving up 10. This included a win over Cincinnati Moeller, which I think has one of the best high school programs in the country. Agree they couldn't play with local varsity teams but apparently a pretty strong year.

Well, in '04 Centennial hung 30 or so on Ravenwood but we all know what's happened since then. Just because MBA beat Trinity a couple years ago really doesn't mean much.

A check of the Trinity website indicates the 2006 jv team averaged 41 ppg while giving up 10. This included a win over Cincinnati Moeller, which I think has one of the best high school programs in the country. Agree they couldn't play with local varsity teams but apparently a pretty strong year.

a jv schedule doesnt mean anything at all. Moeller is not ranked anywhere in the top 25 or in the top 10 in the midwest. A strong year for trinity ---sure. Several teams had strong years here and I doubt someone would be brazen enought to say that a jv team would whip the varsity of trinity.

I talked to some friends of mine from Louisville, said that Centennial is getting a Soph. QB and his twin brother TB from Trinity out of Louisville. Their dad is the Offensive Coordinator there. Both boys played some varisty but tore up the JV level. Could their dad be coming to Centennial for a reason? They are suppose to come down in Jan. Has anyone heard anything about this?

A quick check of the Trinity web-site and roster shows no current Sophs. on the Varsity with the same last name that play QB or TB. Could this be a worthless rumor like the one about the All American starting safety, Skilby Davis, at Independence started on CoachT earlier this year???

I talked to some friends of mine from Louisville, said that Centennial is getting a Soph. QB and his twin brother TB from Trinity out of Louisville. Their dad is the Offensive Coordinator there. Both boys played some varisty but tore up the JV level. Could their dad be coming to Centennial for a reason? They are suppose to come down in Jan. Has anyone heard anything about this?

This is really funny. The Offensive Coordinator at Louisville Trinity has 1 daughter. There were no twin QB/TB combos on the team. There were twin Junior WRs that tore it up on the varsity, but their father is not a coach at Trinity.

I suspect this is someone trying to start a rumor. Funny though. :angry:

Guest footballprincess

This is really funny. The Offensive Coordinator at Louisville Trinity has 1 daughter. There were no twin QB/TB combos on the team. There were twin Junior WRs that tore it up on the varsity, but their father is not a coach at Trinity.

I suspect this is someone trying to start a rumor. Funny though. :angry:

Agree with ya! But what on earth do you think this web site is meant for!

Just about 90% of everything written on this web site is innuendo and rumor.

Guest footballprincess

Are they Sophomores this year, or will they be sophomores next year?

Haven't heard anything about this

I thought you were so tight with all the principals! Did they leave you out of the loop? Well, got a hard exam tomorrow morning - talk later gotta go study!

Independence traded its entire o-line as well as its once-a-year charter bus and cash considerations to Ravenwood for Brian Rector.

Rector used his no trade clause and he was then traded to the 76ers for Allen Iverson.

Good deal, if you ask me. There are some lingering questions about Iverson's eligibility but I'm sure it will be resolved by the time the season starts.

Becker to Iverson...sounds deadly.

MBA beat Trinity this year and MBA didn't make the DII playoffs. Father Ryan made the DII playoffs and got throttled by Franklin...Franklin exited the 5A playoffs in the first round.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by donathan5507

Independence traded its entire o-line as well as its once-a-year charter bus to Ravenwood and cash considerations for Brian Rector.

Rector used his no trade clause and he was then traded to the 76ers for Allen Iverson.

Good deal, if you ask me.

MBA beat Trinity this year and MBA didn't make the DII playoffs. Father Ryan made the DII playoffs and got throttled by Franklin...Franklin exited the 5A playoffs in the first round.

Just some thoughts.

Growing up, I was friends with a guy who played on a 2-8 high school team. He went to college and played in the Cotton, Orange and Fiesta Bowls as a strong safety. Just because Trinity lost to MBA doesn't mean they don't have some outstanding players.