What Happened to Upperman?

jamieroper

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just lost to a powerful and tradition rich AAA team. No surprise, and it will have no impact on them in AA.

OK. Thanks.

Allot of people downplay the difference between the A, AA, and AAA schools because some schools from lower classes have success with some teams from upper classes. However, there is a difference among the better schools in each class. If there wasn't then they would not be separated. Schools that have more players to select from will, on average, be better.

I have no knowledge of Shelbyville and did not realize they were that good. Thanks again and take care. :lol:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

It would appear by the score that the bees got the honey knocked out of them. Can anyone explain what happened????

The bees will buzz again, count on it. I loss to another good team is not always bad. :lol:

Not taking anything away from Shelbyville but, Upperman played maybe the worst game of the year. It didn't even look like they were trying. Post play totally killed Upperman. They were out rebounded on both ends of the floor, and the 2 post players from Shelbyville wore them out all night long. I still don't know if Shelbyville can shoot the ball, but they can finish around the basket. Upperman has to get stronger inside. The Upperman team from a few years back would kill this current team. (no doubt). However, I still think they are tops in the AA division. You are correct about the differnce in classes. I mean just the night before Upperman beat the reigning single A state champions by 22 points. Anyways great tournament, and good luck to all teams.

I was at the game last night. I went to see the boys game, but since the girls game SHOULD have been a good one I went early. Shelbyville just took UHS out of the game. It really wasn't ever close.

I did hear one funny comment. A couple of fans walked into the gym in the 3rd quarter and one said to the other "I wonder where these Shelbyville girls are from?" I had to laugh. :lol:

OK. Thanks.

Allot of people downplay the difference between the A, AA, and AAA schools because some schools from lower classes have success with some teams from upper classes. However, there is a difference among the better schools in each class. If there wasn't then they would not be separated. Schools that have more players to select from will, on average, be better.

I have no knowledge of Shelbyville and did not realize they were that good. Thanks again and take care. :lol:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

So explain the multiplier. :lol:

So explain the multiplier. :thumb:

This is an interesting raport. Some think there are very little difference and school size doesn't make as much difference as one might think. Shelbyville is good mainly because of the opportunities the players have in Bedford to get better. There are so many tournaments, so much summer play, so much individualized assistance that the players live and breathe basketball. One might say, yes, but our county does the same thing. That may be true but the competition is better overall in Bedford than other places because it is starting at a higher level. How many club teams does your 3 county area have that will allow just about year around play when considering the school basketball year and how many of your players learn from players better than they are and how good would summer league coaching have to be to turn up the talent a notch. Upperman is better than you imagine so don't second quess yourself. This was just a bad game.

So explain the multiplier. :blink:

I am not that smart. I had a very knowledgable friend tell me that he believed there was about a 10 point difference between each level. I do not know. And is may vary from State to State. It has to I guess because Alabama goes through 6A. I have seen great 3A teams that could beat the best 6A teams.

Too far above my mental ability to figure out. Merry Christmas.

RICHLAND RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

The lady Bees started out cold shooting. It must have gotten in their heads. They never recovered. It was the lowest shooting % that I have seen of them.

Their defence wasn't as good as normal.

They had no answer for Bucannon and co.

They go to Fl. next. It will get their mind off this game.

Do you guys need a tag-a-long or something for the trip to Florida????? IN other words, CAN I GO???????????????? :lol:

OK. Thanks.

I have no knowledge of Shelbyville and did not realize they were that good. Thanks again and take care. :blink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

no knowledge of Shelbyville?

I was at the game last night. I went to see the boys game, but since the girls game SHOULD have been a good one I went early. Shelbyville just took UHS out of the game. It really wasn't ever close.

I did hear one funny comment. A couple of fans walked into the gym in the 3rd quarter and one said to the other "I wonder where these Shelbyville girls are from?" I had to laugh. :thumb:

Been that way for years...lol

welcome to the new way!!! :thumb: