ALL-MIDSTATE

TTU79

ALL-MIDSTATE- 1ST. TEAM- NATALIE AARON-BGA, LYNDSEY ALMON FRA, TAREN BROWN HENDERSONVILLE, ANNA FISHER CENTENNIAL. HAILEY HULL RAVENWOOD, LARA LANGWORTHY BRENTWOOD, PAIGE PRESCOTT SIEGEL, MARCELA SANCHEZ HENDERSONVILLE, DANA SCHWARTZ BRENTWOOD, STEPHANIE SERMONET BRENTWOOD ACADEMY, SARAH SHARP FRANKLIN.

2ND TEAM LUCY BRIENT FRANKLIN, SUSANNAH DENNIS BGA, BECCA SMITH RIVERDALE, HAYLEY SLOAN SIEGEL, MOLLY DELK COOKEVILLE, MELISSA GOUVEA HENDERSONVILLE, ALYSSA RASEY FATHER RYAN, ANNA GRACE GERHART SIEGEL, JACQUELINE LAFONT BGA, JAYME TROCINO CENTENNIAL, JESSICA SMITH BGA

3RD TEAM SAMANTHA GOONAN STATION CAMP, HEATHER HALSTEAD SPRING HILL, KACIE HORNER FRANKLIN, MICHELLE JOHNSON MONTGOMERY CENTRAL, DYLAN JORDAN CLARKSVILLE ,KERI KERSTETTER BRENTWOOD, WHITNEY SALLEY HENDERSONVILLE, LYDIA WRIGHT BGA, KATIE MCDONALD FRA, LOGANN ROGERS FRA, KATHERINE BALTZ TULLAHOMA.

PRINTED THE TENNESSEAN 12/23/06

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL-MIDSTATE- 1ST. TEAM- NATALIE AARON-BGA, LYNDSEY ALMON FRA, TAREN BROWN HENDERSONVILLE, ANNA FISHER CENTENNIAL. HAILEY HULL RAVENWOOD, LARA LANGWORTHY BRENTWOOD, PAIGE PRESCOTT SIEGEL, MARCELA SANCHEZ HENDERSONVILLE, DANA SCHWARTZ BRENTWOOD, STEPHANIE SERMONET BRENTWOOD ACADEMY, SARAH SHARP FRANKLIN.

2ND TEAM LUCY BRIENT FRANKLIN, SUSANNAH DENNIS BGA, BECCA SMITH RIVERDALE, HAYLEY SLOAN SIEGEL, MOLLY DELK COOKEVILLE, MELISSA GOUVEA HENDERSONVILLE, ALYSSA RASEY FATHER RYAN, ANNA GRACE GERHART SIEGEL, JACQUELINE LAFONT BGA, JAYME TROCINO CENTENNIAL, JESSICA SMITH BGA

3RD TEAM SAMANTHA GOONAN STATION CAMP, HEATHER HALSTEAD SPRING HILL, KACIE HORNER FRANKLIN, MICHELLE JOHNSON MONTGOMERY CENTRAL, DYLAN JORDAN CLARKSVILLE ,KERI KERSTETTER BRENTWOOD, WHITNEY SALLEY HENDERSONVILLE, LYDIA WRIGHT BGA, KATIE MCDONALD FRA, LOGANN ROGERS FRA, KATHERINE BALTZ TULLAHOMA.

PRINTED THE TENNESSEAN 12/23/06

hmmm.... wondering why brittney winn from siegel didn't make atleast one of the teams

Anyone know who selected this All-midtstate team? The stats just don't bear out some of these 1st team picks.

It is just my opinion, but stats don't always reflect the worth or contribution that a player makes to their team. I think it goes well beyond just stats. Stats can also be manipulated by allowing players to run up their personal numbers against weak teams if a coach allows it. My daughter's coach never allowed a player to score over 3 goals and usually not over 2 against any team, weak or strong, while some coaches allow players to score 5 or more on a weak team. It doesn't show the real skill of either player.

While I also don't agree with every name on not only the 1st team but also the 2nd and 3rd, I am sure the ones choosing had their own reasons for their choices and for the girls that made any of the teams and any other "All" list, I say Congratulations! With all the talent that exists in Tennessee, it's great to get recognized on any list.

Anyone know who selected this All-midtstate team? The stats just don't bear out some of these 1st team picks.

You should take such lists with a grain of salt and consider the source. In other words, it is quite ironic that players like Charlotte Clayton at Independence, the goalkeeper and the new girl at BGA, were three of only about 8 players from the state of Tennessee to be selected for the ODP Region III team/pool, yet they were not even selected to the first team All mid-state. I guess the difference is that those who made the selection for the Region III ODP team are mostly, if not all, division 1 college coaches with obvious soccer backgrounds. From my understanding, it is a sports writer (with little if any soccer background) for the Tennesseean who makes the selection for the All-Midstate team. Just something to think about.

You can't really use ODP Region as the standard either because many solid players in the state choose not to participate in ODP. If they did it would make selection into the regional pool more difficult. Not to take anything away from the three you mentioned because I am sure they are very good.

You can't really use ODP Region as the standard either because many solid players in the state choose not to participate in ODP. If they did it would make selection into the regional pool more difficult. Not to take anything away from the three you mentioned because I am sure they are very good.

I assure you that the standard for being selected to the ODP Region III team/pool is WAY higher than the standard set by a sports writer at the Tennesseean. Whether or not "solid players in the state choose not to participate in ODP" has no bearing on whether an individual player is selected to the Region III ODP team/pool. You could have all of the very best players in the state of Tennessee on the state ODP team and if the Region III staff does not think any one of them is in the top 25-30 players from all of the 12 states in Region III, then no one from Tennessee will make the Region team/pool.

I assure you that the standard for being selected to the ODP Region III team/pool is WAY higher than the standard set by a sports writer at the Tennesseean. Whether or not "solid players in the state choose not to participate in ODP" has no bearing on whether an individual player is selected to the Region III ODP team/pool. You could have all of the very best players in the state of Tennessee on the state ODP team and if the Region III staff does not think any one of them is in the top 25-30 players from all of the 12 states in Region III, then no one from Tennessee will make the Region team/pool.

Last time I checked this is a team that is made up of players that excelled on their high school teams and has nothing to do with ODP. I personally think the sports writers did a good job in selecting this team. Anna Fisher , Dana Schwartz, Laura Langworthy Natalie Arron are all ODP players, but the team is about the season they had in high school. So basically what you are saying is the sports writers are not worthy to select this team only soccer coaches.

Last time I checked this is a team that is made up of players that excelled on their high school teams and has nothing to do with ODP. I personally think the sports writers did a good job in selecting this team. Anna Fisher , Dana Schwartz, Laura Langworthy Natalie Arron are all ODP players, but the team is about the season they had in high school. So basically what you are saying is the sports writers are not worthy to select this team only soccer coaches.

I never said the sports writer was not "worthy" of selecting the Tennesseean's All-Midstate team...If you reveiw my original reply, I simply said the list should be taken with a grain of salt. Then I proceeded to explain why. Moreover, I never said ODP was a pre-requisite to making the All-midstate team. As someone mentioned in a previous post there are very talented players who choose not to participate in ODP. I was simply making an observation that there were players who excelled at the Odp Regional and National level (which is WAY more competitive than high school soccer) yet they didn't even make the first team of the All-Midstate. It was just an observation I thought to be amusing and ironic. No need to read more into it than that.