Wilson Central @ Greene Co. Classic

Doc2000

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville is done My friends in knoxville say they have no bench and Lexington has to many guns plus rank #2 in nation. My cystral ball is fixed and ready to show how far shelbyville will fall. shelbyville pt g can not make it with her back up according to my friends. WATCH AND SEE Flatcreekjim my mom still love to go out with you

bbwizard, i love when you spout off about Shelbyville. They always prove you wrong! Truly must be miserable to be a hater!

FRIDAY RESULTS:

Wilson Central got back to their winning ways on Friday Dec 29 by defeating a pesky Briarcrest team by the final score of 58-55. Trailing by 10 points at halftime, (27-17) The Lady Wildcats got on track and outscored the Lady Saints 26-13 in the third . The story that no one would know unless you were in the gym, were the 6 straight 3 point shots made by sophomore Jessy Christopher. That's right not 1 2 3 4 or 5 but 6 straight. Trialing by 10 points Christopher was all alone 6 times. By the time Briarcrest could guard her she had scored 20 points in a 4 minute span including a driving lay-up to open the 4th quarter off a steal. She hit on 6 of 12 shots allowing Wilson Central to regain "MO" and take the lead 42-37 going into the final stanza. Burroughs, Farmer and Wasson each hit long range bombs as Wilson Central hit 9 of 24 3-point shots.

Central survived a late run by Briarcrest who missed a shot with 1.6 seconds left to win, however, on the missed shot Tierney Jenkins was fouled on the rebound and went to the other end to shoot the bonus free throws hitting both shots to make the final score 58-55.

Scoring for Wilson Central was:

Jessy Christopher 20

Tierney Jenkins 19

Jasmine Hassell 6

Sara Williams 4

Chelsea Burroughs 3

Lauren Farmer 3

Lauren Wasson 3

Wilson Central will now play for 5th place on Saturday at 2:00pm est against Greeneville, the host school of the tournament. Wilson Central will be in action after the New Year's Holiday traveling to Smyrna on Friday January 5 for a 6:30 matchup.