Tennessee Ranked #18 in High School Football

Solomon

Tennessee= 13%

Alabama=20%

Georgia=38%

Kentucky=11%

Arkansas=10%

Mississippi???

Tennessee is ranked about where I think it should be. While the above statistics tell only part of the story, the other part would be the quality of athlete, schools outside of the state who recruit these athletes. the ability of the athlete to qualify academically, and- hold onto your hats- the racial mix within those states. Also, no mention statistically of the number of DII or other divisions.

Agree, qualify academically is not even in this picture. About half the kids UT goes after won't qualify academically. Ofcourse they don't get half that they go after but many don't make the grade. I think TN is ranked pretty well at #18 as well.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, qualify academically is not even in this picture. About half the kids UT goes after won't qualify academically. Ofcourse they don't get half that they go after but many don't make the grade. I think TN is ranked pretty well at #18 as well.

We could argue that we should be ranked higher than states like Maryland and North Carolina though.

Yea, saw that junk myself. Like most national press they have no clue. ESPN does not like Tennessee and it shows. There is no question the best over all football is played around the Knoxville and Chattanogga areas. Memphis may have a few more high profile athletes but when it comes team championships Memphis is second to only upper East Tennessee.

Areas

Knoxville (Blount Co.)

Chattanogga

Nashville

Memphis

Tri-Cities

In that order IMO has the best HS football.

Rutherford and Williamson counties are the best right now. 5A champs over and over again. Maryville is good, but it is easy to talk sittin on the porch. Move on up and see what happens.

Rutherford and Williamson counties are the best right now. 5A champs over and over again. Maryville is good, but it is easy to talk sittin on the porch. Move on up and see what happens.

You are all wet if you think Rutherford and Williamson counties top the state in Football. Insult Maryville or down play them all you want, but Blount county holds their own in football my friend. Think what you will.

You are all wet if you think Rutherford and Williamson counties top the state in Football. Insult Maryville or down play them all you want, but Blount county holds their own in football my friend. Think what you will.

Yes in 2 3 and 4A the Knoxville and Blount Co. area dominate. However, the best schools are in 5A. The entire East Tn area gets beat every year by Rutherford Co. alone. And 5A is the best and it should be.

Yes in 2 3 and 4A the Knoxville and Blount Co. area dominate. However, the best schools are in 5A. The entire East Tn area gets beat every year by Rutherford Co. alone. And 5A is the best and it should be.

Well, I guess following your logic then Maryville should just bypass 5A and go straight to D2-AAA since no 5A team, especially from the counties you listed, can hang with them.

Then again, didn't Maryville beat Alcoa - a Blount Co. team if my Tennessee atlas serve me correctly, who beat one of those pesky private school teams that a Williamson Co. or Rutherford Co. team can't beat?

Edited by Solomon

Have you even been to east TN? Oh, that's right. You went up to Pigeon Forge to get your car out of the museum. I thought the ghost of Buford Pusser would go back to McNairy County instead of Rutherford County.

Blount County has 19 State Championships in Football. What does Rutherford have?

The difference between Blount County and Williamson County football, is that Blount has two power houses and Williamson has five.

Five?

BA....Ravenwood.....wouldn't exactly call any of the other schools there "powerhouses." Franklin and Brentwood are both good programs, but neither is what I would call a powerhouse.

BA yes, Ravenwood, 5 years in existence has one state championship and one runner up. Brentwood, one state championship but was hit somewhat by the opening of Ravenwood. They will be back but still make the playoffs each year. Franklin, was hit hard when Centiennal opened, but is now back on the upper swing of things. They did make it to the championship game a few years back and to the playoffs each year. Independence, three years open and should have been in the playoffs this year at 7-3. They will be tough next year. Now, just think if you took all the top players from these five schools and put them into two. Williamson County is the mecca of all sports in Tennessee.

I knew it, I knew it, there's a conspiracy at ESPN because the "top brass'" children couldn't get in to that bastion of educational excellence and now they "hate" the school. And even better, you've scooped all the media including the Sentinel with a story you can prove because your third cousins roomate's best friend heard a former walk on who didn't make the team talk about that "there was a guy offering money around UT for dirt on the program". Have you thought about going to the National Inquirer with this news? They're not much into fact checking so they might want to publish it beside the article about the Big Foot sighting near Townsend.

Idiot North Carolina Fan :rolleyes:

BA yes, Ravenwood, 5 years in existence has one state championship and one runner up. Brentwood, one state championship but was hit somewhat by the opening of Ravenwood. They will be back but still make the playoffs each year. Franklin, was hit hard when Centiennal opened, but is now back on the upper swing of things. They did make it to the championship game a few years back and to the playoffs each year. Independence, three years open and should have been in the playoffs this year at 7-3. They will be tough next year. Now, just think if you took all the top players from these five schools and put them into two. Williamson County is the mecca of all sports in Tennessee.

You could put all your good players on one team and you couldn't beat Maryville.