Chris Shiverdecker - Alcoa

DEION

Why in the world is Tennessee not recruiting him still? I read in the paper today that they were recruiting him and just stopped. Chris said in the paper when asked why they stopped, that he didnt know, that he guessed they just stoppped communicating. With no disrespect to Rogan( cause he is very good) and other backs, but Chris is one of the best 2 or 3 backs in the state regardless of classification, if not the best. It would seem with all the trouble UT has had lately with the running game, they would atleast try to keep a great player from the area home...You would think Phil would have learned by now that he needs to keep area players here!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, especially if his ACT comes back ok. And also with his talent why would you want to lose him to KY of all people. I don't know why more schools are not showing an interest. That could come back to haunt UT much like Lofton does UK in basketball.

I have seen both play many times. In My Opion Rogan is much better. He gets through the line so fast. He can cut on a dime. Shiverdecker has some good top end though. Chris is a great kid and could probably use going to a Prep School for a year. Grades, Strength, and ability would get better. He could use another year. Once again Chris is a great kid.

I guess since he is a "great kid", that is why Tennessee dosnt want him. Seems like they are quicklt taking over Miami as the school with the most players with a criminal record!! LOL - I guess they dont see potential of him fighting in night clubs, shooting guns, assaulting women, or driving drunk. Discipline is definately not a priority with the UT coaching staff!

I guess since he is a "great kid", that is why Tennessee dosnt want him. Seems like they are quicklt taking over Miami as the school with the most players with a criminal record!! LOL - I guess they dont see potential of him fighting in night clubs, shooting guns, assaulting women, or driving drunk. Discipline is definately not a priority with the UT coaching staff!

Great post.

I'm a huge Kentucky fan and would personally love to see Chris wear the blue & white up in Lexington. The Cats are on the rise in football, believe it or not, coming off their first bowl win in 22 years and winning 8 games. He could follow in the footsteps of a couple of other area players who went to UK and played right off the bat. The other two were A.J. Nance and Lones Seiber over at Knox Central. Seiber started at kicker and Nance lettered, playing on the kickoff and kickoff return teams as freshmen. :lol:

Chris Shiverdecker is a very talented R/B :lol: . But every College has its own “Style” of backs :lol: . I think he could play D-1 without a doubt. But it’s not up to me, it’s up to the so called experts. He would be a perfect fit here at Carson Newman :lol: . Come be an eagle Chris.

I don't know about C-N. It seems to me that Ken Sparks tends to recruit Florida and Georgia a lot and if local players do go there, they seem to get lost in the mix. From what I've seen, Shiverdecker could play at the D-1 level. But I guess one does have to take grades,etc. into account. Then again, if he could go to C-N and become a star, that would be cool. I'm just saying that usually I've never HEARD of C-N's starters.

I don't know about C-N. It seems to me that Ken Sparks tends to recruit Florida and Georgia a lot and if local players do go there, they seem to get lost in the mix. From what I've seen, Shiverdecker could play at the D-1 level. But I guess one does have to take grades,etc. into account. Then again, if he could go to C-N and become a star, that would be cool. I'm just saying that usually I've never HEARD of C-N's starters.

Is there where Boo Weathers went? Or do you know?

At CN it doesn't matter where you are from. This season you had major contributors to Eagles w/ ET ties. Starting QB Alex Rouse- M'ville, starting WR's Justin Long- Fulton, Stephen Childs WR- M'ville. Nick McFadden- Catholic FS with lots of playing time. Demarcus Stephens started his Freshman year but had testing problems if you know what I mean. I am sure there are more just can't remember. So to say Sparks does not like E TN talent is not true. Lots do get caught in mix just like everywhere else.

Not sure if Shivedecker is a veer back though. Great speed!! Good luck to him.