2007 Region 4 2A

Guest Termite

Antwan.... you seem to be familiar with th SC program,,,what's your thoughts on the QB, Harville or the Johnston kid? They lost 2 of the OL, who do you see stepping up..Smith,Derf, Wood, someone else? They lost their RB...Anderson, Rich,

..................Just your thoughts...speculations.........

I didn't know about all the injuries Cannon Co. had.......they will almost have to be a lot better. How bout Jackson Co.? Does Upperman return anything to go with their outstanding QB.?

I think it really depends on how much Johnston progresses this off season. If he is ready...he will have a very good chance to start. I don't see Harville playing LB and QB. There's too much chance for injury.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

I think it really depends on how much Johnston progresses this off season. If he is ready...he will have a very good chance to start. I don't see Harville playing LB and QB. There's too much chance for injury.

I think Harville will be QB. He can run and throw. But...we almost have to have him on defense....LB or DE.....Wilmore and Davenport along with West will give us speed at reciever..........Again one of my biggest concerns is the line....there are some big boys there but there are a few holes to fill. Maybe 2 guards, 1 tackle and some spots on the D line. I believe Woods, Smith, Warren and a couple of others have to step up......and there will be a couple of Soph. in the mix........

Smith Co,Upperman and York have to be the frontrunners............Smith at York and Upperman at Smith Co. may decide everything....But who knows. Cannon, Westmoreland and Jackson may have a few suprises.........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Termite

westmoreland did lose a lot at the skill position. they lost their QB- Madison, 2 starting RB's the 2 Rippy boys, and their star WR Kowalski. we'll have to see if anyone steps to fill these big shoes. this is certainly a rebuilding year as westmoreland lost almost all of its starters.

I'm glad they are gone...they were truly great players and made life miserable for

other teams in the region. I wish them well....Kowalski and Madison were fun to watch. The 2 Rippy boys and a couple of linemen were just plain tough.

I'm afraid Fields and Burgess will be the combo that gives DBs headaches this coming year.

York lost Payne.....not sure about anybody else. Saw a lot of huge kids at a BB game with letterman jackets.....hope they were SRs or Grads....If not they looked scary :P

Upperman will probably have a good team.....what will they have

What does York have coming back, I hear they lost a lot of Srs.

Westmoreland I know lost a lot of their starters

Smith Co. lost a QB, RB, FB,2 speedsters, 2 LBs and 2 linemen....do they have anybody that can step up?

Will Cannon Co. and Jackson Co. be better

I know it's early and spring practice hasn't even been thought about....but I am about to go into DTs........

Cannon co. will be alot better. They only lost five seniors to graduation. Only three four year seniors. The two best were hurt almost the whole season, so the players behind them got alot of experience. Coach Barger is bulding a solid system in Cannon, and the players are starting to catch on. Go Lions!

Smith County will probably be the favorite. Harville will probably play QB and LB. I'm sure we will have some kids step up at the line and Anderson/Rich will be a good one two punch. SC also has a few guys that stepped up last year alittle at WR. So they should be ok there also. As far as the others in the region I think York and Upperman should be pretty good and of course Westmoreland should do ok also. They graduated almost the whole team. LOL Jackson Co. may make that step up next year to midway of the region or they may not. They got alot of confidence last year and may bring some of those kids that didn't want to be himuliated in the past out for football. Cannon will probably struggle again and may be lucky to win 1 or 2. Whatever the outcome, I think it will be another exciting year.

Cannon will not struggle to win one or two. Cannon Co. is returning almost every starter and has an all new non-region schedule which soesn't include Jo Byrns this year. Cannon Co. wins five this year.

Westmoreland down big time all the started are gone one one or two returning

7 Matt Madison QB 5'10 150 Sr.

8 Teddy Kowalski WR 6'3 145 Sr.

30 Jordan Rippy DB 5'10 150 Sr.

32 Matt Anderson FB 5'11 180 Sr.

33 Kyle Rippy WB 5'11 170 Sr.

52 Michael Sadler PK 6'2 200 Sr.

56 James Summers DL 6'0 240 Sr.

64 Kelly Brown DE 6'4 235 Sr.

78 Nick Urell DL 6'0 225 Sr.

Mark my word. Cannon will struggle again next year!!! I wish them the best, but I just don't see it. I don't care how many starters come back.

Ok we'll just see Glover. We're all entitled to our own opinion and you may be right. I've just seen how hard these guys have worked and i think will do alot better this next season.

Ok we'll just see Glover. We're all entitled to our own opinion and you may be right. I've just seen how hard these guys have worked and i think will do alot better this next season.

I hope they do. I'll cheer for them every game but 1 because they are in our region!!! BUT, I just don't see it happening.