2007 Region 4 2A

Guest Termite

I am excited about Westmoreland and their chances. Our upcoming Juniors were undefeated in Middle school. Not only undefeated but good all over the field. This Junior and Sophomore class along with Austin Freeman who is a Senior: athletically, are as good as Westmoreland has seen in a long time. Experience is a key issue. Westmoreland had a lot a Seniors who did most of the playing in 06. Overall, in my opinion atheletically we will be better, but I challenge this upcoming team to have the heart and desire that the Seniors of 06 had. All of you may not know that the group of Seniors we had last year did not win a game in Middle School but totally reversed that as Seniors and won the Region. You just cannot say enough about that group. The 2007 team will mostly consist of Juniors and Sophmores. Our Defensive line will not be as physically strong as last year but I feel more atheletic and quicker. Our offensive line will have to replace two tackles. We have a 280 pound Sophmore named Kip that should fill one of those tackle positions. Garrett Brooks will in all likelyhood be the starting QB. The Backfield will be a mix of Power and Speed. Austin Freeman is very quick and speedy. I look for good things out of Brian Wix and Michael Baker at fullback. Both kids are extremely strong and both have good abilities. Marcus Duffer and Cody Lee will likely be the Linebackers. I have all kinds of confidence in their abilities. Ragland and Geingrich will likely be the starters at defensive end. Ragland, Bohanan and Geingrich should be good quality receivers also. I look for Austin Freeman, Bohanan, Brooks and Smith to see time in the defensive backfield. Then the offensive line will be anchored by a super strong kid Kayler Kemper. Let's get excited Westmoreland fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I'm hearing Smith County will have 16 -18 seniors. Don't let that worry you Mr. Postman. It's not what grade you are in, its what you can do on the field. Westmoreland with the exception of 2006 has never had many Seniors. In my opinion the region title will come down in the following order.

The winner of the Smith County Westmoreland Game will be first the looser second. Then Upperman, and York followed by Cannon County and Jackson County in that order.

Mr. Postman,

Please calm down, I know last year the day Smith County and Westmoreland played for the regional championship, you must have ran over 10 mail boxes in your aggressive mail delivery. Man you are aggressive!!!!! If you are who I think you are, you started at Linebacker from 93 - 95 and wore number 64. Am I right or wrong about that? I guess some of those Smith County Alumni may pull out some of their old film now. Tell me, where you also in the Band?

To answer your question, no I didnt play in the band but I did throw a football helmet at a band one time. The Smith County Alumni wont be able to pull out their films when they played us because I heard we made them look so bad they threw all those films away when Maynard became the coach. They wanted to forget how sorry their program had become. I bet you wore the number 34 but I wont give your age away........

Edited by Mr. Postman1

Guest Termite
To answer your question, no I didnt play in the band but I did throw a football helmet at a band one time. The Smith County Alumni wont be able to pull out their films when they played us because I heard we made them look so bad they threw all those films away when Maynard became the coach. They wanted to forget how sorry their program had become. I bet you wore the number 34 but I wont give your age away........

" When they played us"...........I might be able to find a film from that time...what 12-15 years ago??? Back when YOU were so DOMINATE and during the time

of Your greatness.....Tell me....what number were you so I can see YOUR football accomplishments you so proudly speak of. I don't know about 12-15 years ago, but you seem to be in pretty good shape right now....anybody that spends as much time patting themselves on the back as you do...for something that

happened many years ago ...has to be limber and in good shape.....

Nah,....if we watch any film from past Westmoreland games it will be from th 2006 Quarter Final Game......Do you have it or do you need a copy????

Mr. Postman,

That was a good guess about my number, but you are wrong. But you are not wrong about everything. I guess those early 90's films may be lost in the shuffle of the unsuccessful Smith County years. Bad thing about it they had no excuses because Private schools weren't a factor during those times. Wait a minute, I've figured it out, it took them a few years to come out of depression when Rankin left for Riverdale. Now its going to take a few years to come out of depression due to Rankin returning with those Tornadoes of Alcoa during November 2006. Total destruction of mind and body.

Singray

Mr. Postman,

That was a good guess about my number, but you are wrong. But you are not wrong about everything. I guess those early 90's films may be lost in the shuffle of the unsuccessful Smith County years. Bad thing about it they had no excuses because Private schools weren't a factor during those times. Wait a minute, I've figured it out, it took them a few years to come out of depression when Rankin left for Riverdale. Now its going to take a few years to come out of depression due to Rankin returning with those Tornadoes of Alcoa during November 2006. Total destruction of mind and body.

Singray

Guest Termite

Could have been worse....could have lost to Westmoreland twice in one season....THAT would have been depressing. At least we got a chance to become reaquianted with Coach Rankin. Could have been like some other teams an sat at home or watched from the stands. :)

I guess singray is another player that Dominated during the 90's or whenever it was that he played.....or is he just riding Ms.Postman's coattails with.................. we was good ...you was good ...I remember we was good......We remember you was good......I dominated...you dominated....

Lets see ...Smith Co. beat Westmoreland in the Quarters......Alcoa beat Smith Co. in the Semis......You know..........It's probably a good thing Westmoreland was at home or in the stands because if Alcoa was a "total destruction of mind and body" for Smith Co.....What was losing the Quarters like for you????/

Could have been worse....could have lost to Westmoreland twice in one season....THAT would have been depressing. At least we got a chance to become reaquianted with Coach Rankin. Could have been like some other teams an sat at home or watched from the stands. :)

I guess singray is another player that Dominated during the 90's or whenever it was that he played.....or is he just riding Ms.Postman's coattails with.................. we was good ...you was good ...I remember we was good......We remember you was good......I dominated...you dominated....

Lets see ...Smith Co. beat Westmoreland in the Quarters......Alcoa beat Smith Co. in the Semis......You know..........It's probably a good thing Westmoreland was at home or in the stands because if Alcoa was a "total destruction of mind and body" for Smith Co.....What was losing the Quarters like for you????/

No Termitt your wrong again, I think he played on a team in the 80's. Like i say at least he played some on here, like you never seen the field except for being in the halftime show. Or where you the first male cheer leader in the history of Smith Co.? It would have been nice to be in the Semis but it was nice seeing you all make a laughing stock of yourselves in the Semis to, so we'll take that instead.

Guest Termite
No Termitt your wrong again, I think he played on a team in the 80's. Like i say at least he played some on here, like you never seen the field except for being in the halftime show. Or where you the first male cheer leader in the history of Smith Co.? It would have been nice to be in the Semis but it was nice seeing you all make a laughing stock of yourselves in the Semis to, so we'll take that instead.

"we'll take that instead"....That seems to go against everything you've been preaching about lately doesn't it???? If you are willing to "settle" for watching someone else play.....we will try to oblige.....

I'm still waiting for your number so I can see all your accomplishments. (I see your still have a thing for the band)....

I kind of like that....."We'll take that INSTEAD"..........."Would have been nice".................Keep saying and thinking this way.................then tell the "young Eagles"

how ole Termitt is trying to hold them back and put negative thoughts in the heads....BUT.... really it" Ms. Postman that says "we'll take that instead"

"we'll take that instead"....That seems to go against everything you've been preaching about lately doesn't it???? If you are willing to "settle" for watching someone else play.....we will try to oblige.....

I'm still waiting for your number so I can see all your accomplishments. (I see your still have a thing for the band)....

I kind of like that....."We'll take that INSTEAD"..........."Would have been nice".................Keep saying and thinking this way.................then tell the "young Eagles"

how ole Termitt is trying to hold them back and put negative thoughts in the heads....BUT.... really it" Ms. Postman that says "we'll take that instead"

I meant we'll have to settle for our 2006 Region 4-2A Championship title we won, and enjoyed watching you ignoramoses get that thumping in the Semis at your home field. At least I can brag about the fact I actually played football for one of the 2 teams we are talking about. I doubt you ever had the oppurtunity to step on a field. You keep on saying you would have been embarrassed to loose to Westmoreland twice. You mean your not embarrassed to loose a championship game, the one that counted for an actual title? The game we spotted you 10 points and you still blew.

Guest Termite
I meant we'll have to settle for our 2006 Region 4-2A Championship title we won, and enjoyed watching you ignoramoses get that thumping in the Semis at your home field. At least I can brag about the fact I actually played football for one of the 2 teams we are talking about. I doubt you ever had the oppurtunity to step on a field. You keep on saying you would have been embarrassed to loose to Westmoreland twice. You mean your not embarrassed to loose a championship game, the one that counted for an actual title? The game we spotted you 10 points and you still blew.

I know what you mean..............I still like the way you say "settle".....and "enjoyed watching".........You are telling me you will take a region title and a quarter final appearance OVER a semi final appearance...1 game away from a shot at a state title. No, it wasn't embassasing to lose the Championship game to a good team like Westmoreland.......but as you can see we didn't "settle" for 2nd place as it seems YOU would have.. <_<

I know what you mean..............I still like the way you say "settle".....and "enjoyed watching".........You are telling me you will take a region title and a quarter final appearance OVER a semi final appearance...1 game away from a shot at a state title. No, it wasn't embassasing to lose the Championship game to a good team like Westmoreland.......but as you can see we didn't "settle" for 2nd place as it seems YOU would have.. <_<

I'm glad you are showing some respect and saying you were not embarrassed about losing to a good team like Westmoreland. We were embarrassed to lose to a team like Smith County and will do everthing in our power not to let it happen again.

Guest Termite
I'm glad you are showing some respect and saying you were not embarrassed about losing to a good team like Westmoreland. We were embarrassed to lose to a team like Smith County and will do everthing in our power not to let it happen again.

I believe if you would look back, you would see that I have always shown nothing but respect for Westmoreland....until you fired the first shots.....2007 region 4 Rebuilding -Reloading post #34 / Team Speed 4-2a post #2 / Region 4-2a predictions post #37....

If losing to a team like Smith Co. embarrassed you last year..... you should stay at home and just watch films of YOUR glory years......

Oh....and if I may ask.....Why didn't you do everything in your power to not let it happen last time ????????? What has changed???

If you weren't doing everything in you power to not let it happen last time, it's a sorry state of affairs for the program....It's worse than getting beat....It's losing.........I would have thought Coach Kelly would have had them ready to play and they were trying to do everything in their power last time....

I say that jokingly....I know Coach Kelly and know they were doing everything they could to win every game.......I just don't understand your way of thinking.....

Termite,

This is written on a Serious note. Mr. Postman whoever he is and I are having fun because we now have a rivalry game in our Region. We went for a long time without a Rivalry game. Playing Goodpasture and Lipscomb took the rivalry out of our game. Westmoreland could not compete with those guys year end and year out. The bad thing about it is, when our atheletes figured that out, they lost intrest in playing. When it is a reality knowing that probably the best you can do is 3rd in your region each year, it is disheartening. I think its obvious how good these two private teams are since both of them have been in the State Championship game for the past two years. Our program suffered tremendously during those years. A lot of our fans became frustrated and did not show for the games. There where situations where Goodpasture would bring bus loads of fans to the game and instead of buying from our concessions they would buy food, bring it in and tailgate. One year the buses came in and parked, they had people ask permission to leave to go buy food for the tailgating. Immediately when the Regions were reclassified and Smith County and rest were put back in, our numbers on our team went from the mid 30's to the low 50's. Last year we had 60 or so. This is great. We have fun joking back and forth with each other and making fun, but this is what it is all about. I thank the good Lord that we are playing Smith County to create this Rivalry. I'm sure when we play in 2007 there will be standing room only.

Singray