2007 Region 4 2A

Guest Termite

Termite,

This is written on a Serious note. Mr. Postman whoever he is and I are having fun because we now have a rivalry game in our Region. We went for a long time without a Rivalry game. Playing Goodpasture and Lipscomb took the rivalry out of our game. Westmoreland could not compete with those guys year end and year out. The bad thing about it is, when our atheletes figured that out, they lost intrest in playing. When it is a reality knowing that probably the best you can do is 3rd in your region each year, it is disheartening. I think its obvious how good these two private teams are since both of them have been in the State Championship game for the past two years. Our program suffered tremendously during those years. A lot of our fans became frustrated and did not show for the games. There where situations where Goodpasture would bring bus loads of fans to the game and instead of buying from our concessions they would buy food, bring it in and tailgate. One year the buses came in and parked, they had people ask permission to leave to go buy food for the tailgating. Immediately when the Regions were reclassified and Smith County and rest were put back in, our numbers on our team went from the mid 30's to the low 50's. Last year we had 60 or so. This is great. We have fun joking back and forth with each other and making fun, but this is what it is all about. I thank the good Lord that we are playing Smith County to create this Rivalry. I'm sure when we play in 2007 there will be standing room only.

Singray

You said it better than I probably could ever say it there Singray. Another thing is I really have respect for the seniors of last year. They hung in there and battled the Patrick Turners and Austin Rogers, and didnt quit and pull out like some people and some entire schools did. I really think our younger players will be able to learn alot about how to win and how to play in big games because of last season. This can really help our program get back to winning consecutive regional championships and possibly a state title with alot of hard work.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

singray and postman,

I agree, this is fun. I just didn't want ya'll, or anyone else, thinking this was getting out of hand.... I like poking a sharp stick at folks that can take it, and don't mind getting jabbed myself. Your right, this is really what it's all about......

Now .....there were a few Smith Co.people that tailgated at Westmoreland....but they do this at most away games.......it has nothing to do with anyones concession stand....they like getting to the stadium early and get "GEARED UP" for the game.

I have the utmost respect for Westmoreland.....and a few other teams. I love it when we play Trousdale Co.,Gordonsville,Macon Co.,Livingston,Boyd Buch, and teams of this caliber...and I'm glad to be able to add Westmoreland to that mix. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best....Most of the schools I just mentioned...and a few others are traditional powers...They have a down year every once in a while...but eveytime you play them, you had better come to play...

So................ continue with the jabs and pokes..as will I

I meant we'll have to settle for our 2006 Region 4-2A Championship title we won, and enjoyed watching you ignoramoses get that thumping in the Semis at your home field. At least I can brag about the fact I actually played football for one of the 2 teams we are talking about. I doubt you ever had the oppurtunity to step on a field. You keep on saying you would have been embarrassed to loose to Westmoreland twice. You mean your not embarrassed to loose a championship game, the one that counted for an actual title? The game we spotted you 10 points and you still blew.

Hey Mr. Postman and Termite. Check out the post York Institute. Lets get those York folks going. When you see the post you will agree.

You said it better than I probably could ever say it there Singray. Another thing is I really have respect for the seniors of last year. They hung in there and battled the Patrick Turners and Austin Rogers, and didnt quit and pull out like some people and some entire schools did. I really think our younger players will be able to learn alot about how to win and how to play in big games because of last season. This can really help our program get back to winning consecutive regional championships and possibly a state title with alot of hard work.

We moved up a division just to find compitition. Smith County played in a 10 team region for a few years. We had the likes of Trousdale Co., Livingston, Macon Co., and Portland everyyear. Yes you had 2 good teams in your region. Yeah!!! for you!!! We didn't have a cakewalk either.

We moved up a division just to find compitition. Smith County played in a 10 team region for a few years. We had the likes of Trousdale Co., Livingston, Macon Co., and Portland everyyear. Yes you had 2 good teams in your region. Yeah!!! for you!!! We didn't have a cakewalk either.

You need to stop living in a dream world. Both of us know that Smith County and Trousdale County wanted to move up to escape the 2 private schools I have mentioned. You had plenty of competition looks like to me in the old region. How many times did you win the region from 93-2000? Face it Smith Co. side stepped 2 teams because they knew they could not compete. If Smith County is so much better than the other teams in this region why didnt they win the regional championship last year.

You need to stop living in a dream world. Both of us know that Smith County and Trousdale County wanted to move up to escape the 2 private schools I have mentioned. You had plenty of competition looks like to me in the old region. How many times did you win the region from 93-2000? Face it Smith Co. side stepped 2 teams because they knew they could not compete. If Smith County is so much better than the other teams in this region why didnt they win the regional championship last year.

Smith county did not have a cakewalk as Glover said, but they could put iceing on the cake a few times because they were playing on an equal playing field (Public vs. Public). Public vs. Private is not an equal playing field. Glover do you realize where Goodpastures quarterback for the last two years lives. He lives in Portland. His name is Colman Stroud. Goodpasture has players from all over middle Tennessee playing for them. Especially, Sumner, Robertson, Cheatham, Wilson and Davidson Counties. Where does Smith County get there players? I can answer that, from the school zone that is assigned to them in Smith County. Where does Westmoreland get their players? From the kids in Sumner County zoned to Westmoreland. I don't blame Smith County for moving up. But what makes me mad, Smith County, Trousdale, Upperman, York, Jackson and Cannon all moved up in a secrative way so Westmoreland would be left out. Is that a coincidence, no it is not. Had they included Westmoreland, we probably would have all been in the same Region and Portland would have probably not even been in there. If that would have happened, we would all be happy and would not even be having this conversation.

Smith county did not have a cakewalk as Glover said, but they could put iceing on the cake a few times because they were playing on an equal playing field (Public vs. Public). Public vs. Private is not an equal playing field. Glover do you realize where Goodpastures quarterback for the last two years lives. He lives in Portland. His name is Colman Stroud. Goodpasture has players from all over middle Tennessee playing for them. Especially, Sumner, Robertson, Cheatham, Wilson and Davidson Counties. Where does Smith County get there players? I can answer that, from the school zone that is assigned to them in Smith County. Where does Westmoreland get their players? From the kids in Sumner County zoned to Westmoreland. I don't blame Smith County for moving up. But what makes me mad, Smith County, Trousdale, Upperman, York, Jackson and Cannon all moved up in a secrative way so Westmoreland would be left out. Is that a coincidence, no it is not. Had they included Westmoreland, we probably would have all been in the same Region and Portland would have probably not even been in there. If that would have happened, we would all be happy and would not even be having this conversation.

I can't help it Westmoreland didn't move with us. It seems to me we are the smart ones of this group. Why should we play privates when we don't have to?

I can't help it Westmoreland didn't move with us. It seems to me we are the smart ones of this group. Why should we play privates when we don't have to?

Well Glover,

If it were that simple, we wouldn't be having this discussion. There was an agreement between all coaches and administrations to move up. It was a group thing to try to create their own Region. The only thing is, Westmoreland was intentionally left out of this discussion. I know that was done intentionally. Our record at the time wins and losses with Smith County was close to even but we still had the most wins. Our record at that time was lopsided with Trousdale County, we had beaten them a lot more times than they beat us. If I am correct, Jackson, Upperman, Cannon and York had never beaten us. That is why Westmoreland was left out of the discussion. Would it have profited Smith County to move to 3A without all the other schools going with them. No it wouldn't, so why would Westmoreland move up by themselves. I still feel like if Westmoreland had of been included in the mix, there would have been a whole new 3A region created to accomodate all the teams involved. The Region would have consisted of Macon, Smith, Westmoreland, Upperman, Jackson and Cannon. York would have probably been put in with Livingston Academy and play teams in the East. This stuff is in the past, lets move on. Like I have said before, I love the rivalry that is and has been created between Westmoreland and Smith County.

Well Glover,

If it were that simple, we wouldn't be having this discussion. There was an agreement between all coaches and administrations to move up. It was a group thing to try to create their own Region. The only thing is, Westmoreland was intentionally left out of this discussion. I know that was done intentionally. Our record at the time wins and losses with Smith County was close to even but we still had the most wins. Our record at that time was lopsided with Trousdale County, we had beaten them a lot more times than they beat us. If I am correct, Jackson, Upperman, Cannon and York had never beaten us. That is why Westmoreland was left out of the discussion. Would it have profited Smith County to move to 3A without all the other schools going with them. No it wouldn't, so why would Westmoreland move up by themselves. I still feel like if Westmoreland had of been included in the mix, there would have been a whole new 3A region created to accomodate all the teams involved. The Region would have consisted of Macon, Smith, Westmoreland, Upperman, Jackson and Cannon. York would have probably been put in with Livingston Academy and play teams in the East. This stuff is in the past, lets move on. Like I have said before, I love the rivalry that is and has been created between Westmoreland and Smith County.

We moved on 6 years ago, sounds to me that its you two that can't get over it. Why do we have to include any school about our plans to move up or move down? How do you even know it happened that way. We may have called and said "Hey, would you like to move up to 3A with us?" You might have said "Heck no!! We don't want to get our butt kicked everyweek!!!" LOL As I said before you know all correct???!!! LOL What a laugher!!! We guys are a joke!!! You have cracked everyone that has read this forum up!!! LOL GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!! O And Don't Go Postal On Me!!! LOL

We moved on 6 years ago, sounds to me that its you two that can't get over it. Why do we have to include any school about our plans to move up or move down? How do you even know it happened that way. We may have called and said "Hey, would you like to move up to 3A with us?" You might have said "Heck no!! We don't want to get our butt kicked everyweek!!!" LOL As I said before you know all correct???!!! LOL What a laugher!!! We guys are a joke!!! You have cracked everyone that has read this forum up!!! LOL GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!! O And Don't Go Postal On Me!!! LOL

Call Jackie Kelley and see if he was included in the disucussions, I know for a fact he wasn't. But I'm ready to move on. That was then, this is now. I am so grateful to be in the region with equal public schools now and I know you are to. I was at the Alcoa and Smith County game. I was wanting Smith County to win. If it had been Westmoreland and Alcoa playing would you have been there? Would you have been for Westmoreland? Answer that for yourself its not necessary for me to know. I am so grateful we are in this Region together and we need to support each other. Can we poke fun and try to make each other mad in a humorous way? Sure we can, this CoactT would be boring without it. Glover as far as I'm concerned, I hope you win every game with the exception of Westmoreland. A good friend of mine son is on the Coaching staff at Smith County. If you will look at other post from me, I have made positive comments about the atheletes at Smith County.

Call Jackie Kelley and see if he was included in the disucussions, I know for a fact he wasn't. But I'm ready to move on. That was then, this is now. I am so grateful to be in the region with equal public schools now and I know you are to. I was at the Alcoa and Smith County game. I was wanting Smith County to win. If it had been Westmoreland and Alcoa playing would you have been there? Would you have been for Westmoreland? Answer that for yourself its not necessary for me to know. I am so grateful we are in this Region together and we need to support each other. Can we poke fun and try to make each other mad in a humorous way? Sure we can, this CoactT would be boring without it. Glover as far as I'm concerned, I hope you win every game with the exception of Westmoreland. A good friend of mine son is on the Coaching staff at Smith County. If you will look at other post from me, I have made positive comments about the atheletes at Smith County.

I think I need to get on here and clear up something. Mr. Postman was the one who started the conversation about Smith County and others pulling out of the region. You ask, why now. Well for 1, its because I gained access to the internet last football season about the time Westmoreland and Smith County played for the regional championship last season. I set and read about how Smith Co. had such a great tradition. How they had more fans than anyone in the region. How they had all these deep playoff runs that we couldnt even do anything about by the way due to the fact we were still in the classification you had fled during the years you had made the "deep runs in the playoffs". Someone even brought up your great band, but they left out the embarrasing fact that one of your football players actually played in the halftime shows. The final straw was when right after the regional weightlift that we destroyed you and everyone else that showed up from our region,you penciled yourselves in #1 and Westmoreland battling for the 3rd or 4th spot. At this point I realized you people either knew no history about this region before the private shcools came in and ran everyone off or you were all just football dumb. I never said Westmoreland was dominating as far as state wide. I did however ask the question if Westmoreland could become as dominate in "Region 4aa" as they were in the mid 90s before the private schools entered the region and ran Smith Co. and others out. I just tell you the history because as far as I know Westmoreland has never been beaten Cannon, Jackson, York, or Upperman. If they did beat us it was on a rare occasion. Like I showed you all in an earlier post. The head to head record of Smith County and Westmoreland now stands at 5-5 all time. You may make arguments that it will change this year and Westmoreland will get beat by Cannon and Jackson both, but I will argue that they have to be a favorite till they are proven different. This post should explain alot in a nutshell. Now get off of singray. He is just another devoted Westmoreland/Highschool football fan. He loves his school and will stick up for um when there being put down like you people did all last season. I cant say as I'll be pulling for Smith County because a rivalry means you dont like the other shcool. I was glad to see Alcoa spank ya'll last year myself. I will say I'm glad to play in the region with ya'll again because now we have the same shot at getting a #1 seed in the playoffs as Smith CO. did when they fled to 3a. Side step around it all ya'll want but facts are facts. I'll try to stop talking about this issue if you all start giving Westmoreland the respect they deserve after placing 2nd the 1st year in our "new region" and winning the championship the 2nd year in our "new region".