why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm Pioneer Weitzel only had 8 points in the second game against Coffee County....all eight coming from the free throw line.....and Coffee County hasn't played Tullahoma twice this season...just the once and yes Tullahoma destroyed the Raiders......at least know what your talking about before you go shooting off

Pedo, you say Wiesel only had 8 points in one of the games against Coffee county, and all came from the foul line. How many points did he have in the other game? And how many foul shots did he have in that one? I don't know the exact amount of times he went to the foul line, I believe it had to be over 20 TIMES at least, Like I've said all along on this thread, the reason Coffee County is so bad this year is because they are a fouling machine. You seem to be able to keep up with stats better than me, tell me Pedo, How many fouls shots has Coffee County opponents taken this year,compared to Coffee County's attempts? I'm sure it will be a lopsided stat. Or, better yet in the game they won this year against Columbia. I know nothing about this game, but I would bet Coffee County did not foul as much in this game as normal, giving them a chance for victory. Anyone that has seen this team play this year, understands why they are ranked dead last in class AAA. There are 114 teams across the state playing AAA Basketball.

just curious...if this program has a history of losing, what coach (or who in particular) do you think could come in and take a program with 5 or so winning seasons in 50 years and turn it around? Also, what does Tullahoma have to do with what's wrong with this school? I am not familiar with this area so please excuse my ignorance. I was just wondering about the coaching thing because in the business world or any other job market, no reputable business person goes to work for a company with a history of losing money or a bad reputation. Seems to me you have a local person who has a love for his community doing the best he can. If you replace this person, you would probably have to get the same kind of coach to come in or a young coach just looking for a start. Hate to see people get in such an uproar over a game when our world and kids have so many real challenges to face. Kids are pretty smart these days and I am sure reading all this about their program and their coach hasn't helped matters. Hope these young men are able to string a couple of wins together for them, their coach and for their community. Good luck guys.

i can understand why weitzel only had 8 points vs coffee co

wietzel what like 6'10 170 pounds and robbie is 6'9 300 you do the math

Which is exactly why Weitzel had 20 against Tullahoma, their tallest guy is about 6'4 or 6'5 and after that is Cass at 6'2 or 6'3 and i don't think he's going to guard Weitzel if the other guy gets in foul trouble..But when you put Weitzel against Robbie (a guy his height but MUCH bigger) he gets 8 points off of free throws and he fouls out.

Which is exactly why Weitzel had 20 against Tullahoma, their tallest guy is about 6'4 or 6'5 and after that is Cass at 6'2 or 6'3 and i don't think he's going to guard Weitzel if the other guy gets in foul trouble..But when you put Weitzel against Robbie (a guy his height but MUCH bigger) he gets 8 points off of free throws and he fouls out.

this whole thread is hilarious especially with the school board member and his wife getting on here arguing with another parent over playing time of their son. sad state of affairs in coffee county but we are all having fun reading about it.

But, the whole point to this thread "why is coffee county so bad" doesn't concern Wiesel, although it proves the point I'm trying to make (TOO MANY FOULS!!!!) that is one of the main reason coffee county is so bad this year. I've only seen them twice this year ,both against warren County, In the first game , Pedo correct me if I'm wrong, Warren County shot almost 50 foul shots!! (48 if i recall it right) and believe me Wiesel has no trouble getting to the basket against Robby, the only problem is Robbie can't stay in the game long enough to matter. I see some talent at coffee county,but i also see aVERY,VERY,VERY undiscipline basketball team. And I blame coaching for that.