why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

Well double secret probation is over. Pedo what is the predicition tonight? Just thought that you should know that mine has not changed. Although it would be nice to see the Raiders win tonight, Franklin Co has home court advantage and the six man on their team in the form of our Coach. This is a shout out to Pedo, not as good as a radio show but, it will work the same.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ms. Wildcat 3030 this is the mother of the young man you have so freely been talking about on this post. I'm not sure how you think we should have taken your post. It appears to me you were quit clear in your comments about being a child of a board member will get you a starting position. There are no other board members with children playing. Those were your words. Based on your post today you are insinuating that his playtime is based on politics. You obviously don't know us very well or coach taylor. We don't play politics to get our children playtime. They get their playtime based on what they do. We have never nor will we ever discuss with a coach about playtime. There were many games when he was younger when he did sit the bench and other kids were playing. Do you know what our advice was to our son. Work harder and keep your head up. That's exactly what he has done. What kind of advice do you give your son or do you just make excuses for him and get on this site and critisize others. I resent what you have insinuated here. How many times have you told the other players they have done a good job and to keep working harder? We do it at every game to every player. Do you? A team is made of more than one person, those players have to work together towards the same goal or they will never be successful. If you are going home and telling your son that he is an individual instead of a team player and he is playing for himself (or maybe for you) then he/the team will never be succussful. Maybe you should consider encouraging your son instead of getting on here and critisizing mine.

As far as challenging you to a fight, you have lost your mind. What my husband said was if you have concerns/opinions about the program or our son, come talk to him at the game friday night. He would be more than happy to discuss them with you. He never challenged you to a fight nor did he know you were a woman what he said was "gentelmen's dissucssion" . Your secret name did not indicate that you were a woman. If you have anything else you want to say on this matter we will be behind the bench like we have for the last 20 years cheering for the Red Raiders. Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got on here to read some of this stuff I've heard people talking about. I can't believe this. This sums up alot of the problems in its self. Geeez.

Just got on here to read some of this stuff I've heard people talking about. I can't believe this. This sums up alot of the problems in its self. Geeez.

not indicative of the majority of people around this program. i still can't believe that a board member and his wife would get on here and post especially with their child at the center of the controversy. what idiots!

The posts on this thread have gotten ugly from time to time (I am guilty as well) but the board member and his school employee wife should have known better. I never attacked any child or coach's character, he is a good person. BUT it is crystal clear that we are going nowhere with this program. If it is the feeder programs as some say, 9 years should have been enough time to establish a feeder program. I believe if the H.S. varsity coach (boys or girls) wants a better feeder program it is up to them to sell it to people. The people have never bought in because we are always only as good as our talent. If either coach could take a group of kids that aren't "gifted "and put together a nice .500 ball club because they coached them up, maybe these middle school and feeder coaches and the community would buy in. The fact is, losing has become acceptable and we have just thrown up our hands and said "this is the best we can do" and accepted it.

The posts on this thread have gotten ugly from time to time (I am guilty as well) but the board member and his school employee wife should have known better. I never attacked any child or coach's character, he is a good person. BUT it is crystal clear that we are going nowhere with this program. If it is the feeder programs as some say, 9 years should have been enough time to establish a feeder program. I believe if the H.S. varsity coach (boys or girls) wants a better feeder program it is up to them to sell it to people. The people have never bought in because we are always only as good as our talent. If either coach could take a group of kids that aren't "gifted "and put together a nice .500 ball club because they coached them up, maybe these middle school and feeder coaches and the community would buy in. The fact is, losing has become acceptable and we have just thrown up our hands and said "this is the best we can do" and accepted it.

Why are they wrong for posting on here? Just like it has been stated many times in this thread everyone has a right to post on here. Also, why does it matter what their position is in the school system? All they were doing was sticking up for their child after someone stated their child plays because of political reasons. I know the family well and they are great people who only want whats best for their child and the team.

Edited by Treyvols99

Why are they wrong for posting on here? Just like it has been stated many times in this thread everyone has a right to post on here. Also, why does it matter what their position is in the school system? All they were doing was sticking up for their child after someone stated their child plays because of political reasons. I know the family well and they are great people who only want whats best for their child and the team.

I will have agree that is okay to post what you like on here. It's an opinion board. You stated it right their child then the team. They are very political people that want their child to play at all cost. I think the point is A School Board Member and a employee of the school system should have a little more about them to make a post about politics and Gentlemen's Discussions. The fact that they replied and signed their name must mean that it struck a nerve.

I will have agree that is okay to post what you like on here. It's an opinion board. You stated it right their child then the team. They are very political people that want their child to play at all cost. I think the point is A School Board Member and a employee of the school system should have a little more about them to make a post about politics and Gentlemen's Discussions. The fact that they replied and signed their name must mean that it struck a nerve.

That is ridiculous though. They are very good people. Of course you look at anything someone says and break it down. I bet if someone was bashing your child you would be defending them as well wouldnt you? Its not about Politicts its about winning and losing and basketball. It has nothing to do with if your son or team come first in this aspect, when someone attacked thier child they took up for him. What is wrong with that? if you can show me how they are wrong for sticking up for their child then i wont post on this topic anymore, not that it matters anyway because this thread has already runied alot of respect that coffee co had once by people bashing coaches, players, parents, and members of the community. And as far as saying they need to have a little more about them goes, how about I think everyone who bashes players, parents, and coaches should have a little more about them!

School Board Members should be held to a higher standard than regular fans or parents. They represent more than just a family. They represent a community of people who voted for them. And the Manchester / Coffee County community should not be a direct representation of this back and forth Elementary cyber bashing. All over a message board??? The people of Coffee County do not deserve this. I am disappointed by these posts, and I am done with this thread.