Will Greeneville Coast to the State?

IMACJack

I could not figure out the Wattad deal at the Arby's classic. He is hard to stop and is a very very good player. I could not figure out why he was coming out of the game so much. Maybe the coach does not want him to get bigger than the team but my opinion is that you ride that horse. Sure the players around him have got to play just like Greeneville with Wiggins and when the big guys have an off night someone has to step up but heck if you have got a player of that caliber use them.

He snowman, you guys have been a little flat lately have you had somone injured or just not playing really well since the break??? Plenty of time to get it back together before it really is important but I didn't know what was up.

We just haven't been where we need to be mentally unless its necessary we win. We just need to learn to string together 4 quarters of basketball not come out flat and trying to come back (VHS,S.South, Sci Hill,). DB game? We became complacent with our lead and quit doing the things that got us our lead.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing Oglesby and Wiggins head to head, I would have to put Antwaine at #1.

Wiggins is # 1 and I don't say that just because I am a Greeneville fan. All things considered, Wiggins is an all-around better player than Wattad or Oglesby. The main reason for saying this is that Wiggins more so than the other two makes the players around him better. Perhaps most of that credit should go to Coach Duncan. I also think that Duncan is the best coach around. He may not have the most talented teams, but he always get the most out of the talent he has to work with.

I am sure being from Greenville has nothing to do with it.........

I am a fan of Wiggins myself and have seen him in many situations this summer. Hurt or not he was not very consistent, but definitly has been this season. The real test comes when they play the best competition in the country, like the NBA-camp both Terrence and Antwan were invited to this summer. Antwan had a hard time playing well where as T.O, blended well.

I am sure being from Greenville has nothing to do with it.........

I am a fan of Wiggins myself and have seen him in many situations this summer. Hurt or not he was not very consistent, but definitly has been this season. The real test comes when they play the best competition in the country, like the NBA-camp both Terrence and Antwan were invited to this summer. Antwan had a hard time playing well where as T.O, blended well.

Just wondering out loud "If Terrence blended so well with the NBA camp and is so much better than Wiggins and who knows else, why did Bruce Pearl not recuit him? Pearl said he will make sure to keep the best talent in Tennessee? Wiggins can play for UT and would not be surprised to see him there in the future.

Never said Terrence is " so much better". And...FYI Coaches don't just recruit all the best players in the state. They have to fit into their "plan" for the team. Locking at who is graduating and what they have of player for how long.

And don;t think for a min. that Justin Hare from Cleveland, and Humphry from Maryvill were not good enough. Neither of which are doing too shabby.

Hey, Antwain is the man though!

Just wondering out loud "If Terrence blended so well with the NBA camp and is so much better than Wiggins and who knows else, why did Bruce Pearl not recuit him? Pearl said he will make sure to keep the best talent in Tennessee? Wiggins can play for UT and would not be surprised to see him there in the future.

Jack, I seriously doubt if Wiggins will play for Tennessee. He is the best unsigned player in Tennessee right now and is generating a lot of DI interest but Bruce isn't one of them. He has his big newsmaker from Tennessee in Prince...with only 1 scholarship left for the spring, I think Wiggins would be a longshot. Bruce did not recruit a lot of promising Tennessee talent. I am sure Clemson considers themselves fortunate to have plucked Oglesby from Tennessee's grasp.

Antwaine Wiggins is an amazing young man both on and off the court, and all of us in Greeneville have fallen for him big. He is humble, polite, intelligent, thoughtful and well thought of by both teammates and opponents. He is , to paraphrase Billy D, a "coaches dream" who exudes a quiet confidence that inspires the rest of his teammates. Wherever he decides to continue his basketball career, they should know they are getting not only an incredible talent but a good student and citizen.I am sure Oglesby and Wiggins will make all of us proud...Bruce's loss I guess.

Jack, I seriously doubt if Wiggins will play for Tennessee. He is the best unsigned player in Tennessee right now and is generating a lot of DI interest but Bruce isn't one of them. He has his big newsmaker from Tennessee in Prince...with only 1 scholarship left for the spring, I think Wiggins would be a longshot. Bruce did not recruit a lot of promising Tennessee talent. I am sure Clemson considers themselves fortunate to have plucked Oglesby from Tennessee's grasp.

Antwaine Wiggins is an amazing young man both on and off the court, and all of us in Greeneville have fallen for him big. He is humble, polite, intelligent, thoughtful and well thought of by both teammates and opponents. He is , to paraphrase Billy D, a "coaches dream" who exudes a quiet confidence that inspires the rest of his teammates. Wherever he decides to continue his basketball career, they should know they are getting not only an incredible talent but a good student and citizen.I am sure Oglesby and Wiggins will make all of us proud...Bruce's loss I guess.

That was a good post barb! :unsure: