Outlook for Region 7-4A

Yanker

I am a parent at Liberty and I want all of you to be served notice that we are going to be stronger than you think. I was a little concerned with the turnover of the coaching staff, but Coach Hookfin was able to keep Coach Lane and brought Sawyer with him. This is a dynamic group of coaches. In three weeks, they have completely changed the thought processes and got the program suddenly looking pretty good. There is a lot of talent and the attitude is soooo positive for the first time of the program. The staff and kids are working 4-6 hours per day right now to get the offense and defense in before the first game. We are not planning on losing and we will beat JCM THIS YEAR. Sorry YANKER! You guys better get us on your radar! HERE WE COME 4A! We are planning on a gold football to go with our two Gold Basketballs!!!! BRING IT!

The only gold football Liberty will have will be one that can be bought at a jewlery store for a charm bracklet, etc!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the one thing that Munford has for now is the title REGION 7 CHAMPIONS! If you and yours don't want it, that will be fine with the good people of MUNFORD! To say that the three helped the Munford program is obvious, but to say the championship couldn't have been won without them is reaching somewhat. Now, why don't you get off the horse-You've already beaten it to death. Why not concern yourself with the morality of the Dyersburg program now that they have the Obion Co. QB enrolled. (The father takes a job at the school there and at the end of the day, he and his son jump in the car and drive back home.) Guess what!! Perfectly legal. Rules are made, whether you like them or not, and when you stay within the perameters ( that's boundaries to you) there is nothing to be said. But, I'm sure you can again judgementalize, condemn, and berate another program because this kid moving to be with his coach just doesn't sit well with you. Either way, how about giving us a break and spew your venom toward another program. I'll follow with great interest how well you fare with the Dyersburg people.

I said that YOU had nothing that I wanted, and that still holds true. I didn't say that Munford COULDN'T have won the region without them. Go back and read the post and get it right. I have no concern about the MORALITY of any program. In fact, I have never uttered the word. Again, go back and check my posts. YOU are the one who will not let this die, even though you are wrong at EVERY turn. I try to talk about other things and this is the ONE thing that you want to respond to, or talk about. Others try to bring up other issues and you rarely respond. GUESS WHAT! I don't care at all about what goes on in Dyersburg! But I will tell you this. If the kid in question moves back to Obion immediately after the season or at the semester, please let me know. At that point, I may change my stand on the issue. Does the kid from Obion not want a certain scholarship? If he does, I guess he doesn't realize that Munford is the only place to go!

Here's a little something...

Former NFL starter and University of Tennessee star Andre Lott will be coaching at Hardin County

This does not concern the YANKER unless he is a player/coach!!!!! I am not saying that he will not become a good coach...but he is already a GREAT player!!!! Since he can only coach and he cannot play...JCM to win the region!!! JCM to win the region!!!!! JCM to win the region!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This "RED ONE" wants nothing from you, so there should be no problem. In fact, I can't imagine that you could have anything I would want, anyway. If folks in Tipton County care, or even remember, what this "RED ONE" has said, then there is even less to do in Tipton County, then there is in Henry County. Besides, go back and check my posts. If anyone is bothered by anything that this "RED ONE" has said, then he must have a guilty conscience. I have noticed no public outcry in Tipton County. The only ones who seem bothered at all, are you, and cougarmike. I wonder why? Don't wait on any olive branch from this "RED ONE"! I have simply stated that your team wouldn't have been nearly as good without the transfers. You would likely not have won the region without them. This "RED ONE" stands by that. Who in their right mind could disagree with either statement? What will happen this season should be more important to the folks in Tipton County, than what this "RED ONE" said during the offseason about LAST season. According to your theory, however, the folks of Tipton County, with apparently nothing at all to do, have "locked" onto the comments from this "RED ONE", and will not forget. That is ridiculous, but quite sad, if true.

The question that EVERYONE is holding their breath to find out the answer is this, my "angry warrior" of a friend...Do you want anything from the YANKER?????????????By the way, no one "locks" onto anything that anyone says around here...unless it is said by your local YANKER!!! That being the case, let me give ALL of you out there something to "lock" onto...JCM to win the region!!! JCM to win the region!!! I AM THE "LOCKED IN" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I saw of JCM last season, JCM will not win the region. You will be fortunate to make the playoffs. You apparently are simply blindly faithful. I appreciate your optimism and support for your team, but there will be no title in Jackson this season. Making the playoffs is a realistic goal, so stick with that one.

After reading your posts from the offseason, it is apparent that you watched nothing last year, other than HC and Munford. Therefore, what you say about JCM is meaningless. I will give you what I know about JCM...JCM to win the region!!! JCM to win the region!!! The YANKER does not need you to point out "realistic" goals to the YANKER!!! Since JCM has probably won the region more than ANY team in this region...and maybe more than all region teams put together...JCM winning the region is about as realistic as it gets...therefore, the YANKER has an important announcement to make...JCM to win the region!!! I AM THE REALISTIC YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yanker

I am a parent at Liberty and I want all of you to be served notice that we are going to be stronger than you think. I was a little concerned with the turnover of the coaching staff, but Coach Hookfin was able to keep Coach Lane and brought Sawyer with him. This is a dynamic group of coaches. In three weeks, they have completely changed the thought processes and got the program suddenly looking pretty good. There is a lot of talent and the attitude is soooo positive for the first time of the program. The staff and kids are working 4-6 hours per day right now to get the offense and defense in before the first game. We are not planning on losing and we will beat JCM THIS YEAR. Sorry YANKER! You guys better get us on your radar! HERE WE COME 4A! We are planning on a gold football to go with our two Gold Basketballs!!!! BRING IT!

No one from Liberty needs to "serve notice" on the YANKER, my "crusadefully inaccurate" friend!!! No one is "planning on losing"...the positive attitude is great for now...but it will not sure you so well when you face JCM...JCM to win the region!!!! The YANKER has the radar on...but I cannot find Liberty on it!! The only thing thing the YANKER can see clearly on radar is the "ROCK"...my JCM Cougars...and a region title for JCM!!! I AM THE GOLDEN YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one from Liberty needs to "serve notice" on the YANKER, my "crusadefully inaccurate" friend!!! No one is "planning on losing"...the positive attitude is great for now...but it will not sure you so well when you face JCM...JCM to win the region!!!! The YANKER has the radar on...but I cannot find Liberty on it!! The only thing thing the YANKER can see clearly on radar is the "ROCK"...my JCM Cougars...and a region title for JCM!!! I AM THE GOLDEN YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not so fast my Yankerly friend! There is no reason for anyone to fear the veer from JCM. The decline will continue for the JCM Cougars and the Rock will crumble. No one is intimidated anymore. A fifth place finish will be a good year as the tide turns in Jackson. You do have some great athletes left , but the numbers get fewer each year. Coach Hookfin was keeping some folks there. I will expect the Freshmen program to decline as the years continue to move. Pray that the school board never allows open enrollment or JCM football will be but a memory!!!!!

Not so fast my Yankerly friend! There is no reason for anyone to fear the veer from JCM. The decline will continue for the JCM Cougars and the Rock will crumble. No one is intimidated anymore. A fifth place finish will be a good year as the tide turns in Jackson. You do have some great athletes left , but the numbers get fewer each year. Coach Hookfin was keeping some folks there. I will expect the Freshmen program to decline as the years continue to move. Pray that the school board never allows open enrollment or JCM football will be but a memory!!!!!

The "MIGHTY and LEGENDARY ROCK" will be here long after you have come and gone, my "irreverent crusader" of a friend!!! He who is not respectful of the "ROCK", the tradition of JCM, and our place in the football history of West Tennessee...will pay the price. If you speak of not being "intimidated", then intimdated you are!! A fifth place finish may be closer to home than you would like, my friend. Your coach was not a COUGAR...or he would not have left for that place...therefore, we will be fine without him. Your expectations do not resemble reality. Our memory will be superior to your future...and our future will exceed your memory. When the season concludes...and JCM looks for Liberty in the standings...we will be looking DOWN!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!! JCM TO PREVAIL!!! I AM THE YANKER!!! JCM TO PREVAIL!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!

I said that YOU had nothing that I wanted, and that still holds true. I didn't say that Munford COULDN'T have won the region without them. Go back and read the post and get it right. I have no concern about the MORALITY of any program. In fact, I have never uttered the word. Again, go back and check my posts. YOU are the one who will not let this die, even though you are wrong at EVERY turn. I try to talk about other things and this is the ONE thing that you want to respond to, or talk about. Others try to bring up other issues and you rarely respond. GUESS WHAT! I don't care at all about what goes on in Dyersburg! But I will tell you this. If the kid in question moves back to Obion immediately after the season or at the semester, please let me know. At that point, I may change my stand on the issue. Does the kid from Obion not want a certain scholarship? If he does, I guess he doesn't realize that Munford is the only place to go!

The kid doesn't have to move back because he never moved.(housing). Do you think the Dad left a job he had held for over 20+ years because he suddenly realized the need for the kids in Dyersburg to have his counseling. Right, and I'm the Easter Bunny. Why not scream that the kid is moving for athletic reasons? Sure he is but again it's perfectly legal. Give someone the rules and if there are ways that allow the desired outcome, so be it. Now fuss and fume all you want. You and yours are the ones that initiated the Munford posts about transfers and the inuendos and accusations flew fast and furious. As for responding to anything of significance football wise, in a conversation with me you would be clubbed like a baby seal!! Throw out something significant of a football nature and I will respond!!! Let it fly!!!! I am the AWAITING WTNOFF OFFICIAL!

The kid doesn't have to move back because he never moved.(housing). Do you think the Dad left a job he had held for over 20+ years because he suddenly realized the need for the kids in Dyersburg to have his counseling. Right, and I'm the Easter Bunny. Why not scream that the kid is moving for athletic reasons? Sure he is but again it's perfectly legal. Give someone the rules and if there are ways that allow the desired outcome, so be it. Now fuss and fume all you want. You and yours are the ones that initiated the Munford posts about transfers and the inuendos and accusations flew fast and furious. As for responding to anything of significance football wise, in a conversation with me you would be clubbed like a baby seal!! Throw out something significant of a football nature and I will respond!!! Let it fly!!!! I am the AWAITING WTNOFF OFFICIAL!

Then the ONLY thing that would cause me concern is if he re-enrolls at Obion, immediately after the season. I know that you would find that quite normal, but that would throw up a red flag for the rest of us. I wish him well, no matter where he plays. I don't care why he is moving. I asked the obvious questions about the transfers, and you got ultra-defensive. I wonder why? After you said ridiculous and unrealistic things, I countered, and you couldn't handle it, and got even more defensive? I wonder why? How would you defend the Wing-T offense? How would you attack the 4-3 defense? What pass coverage would you employ against a spread attack that is a "pass first" offense? How would you block the sweep against any defense? In a change of pace question, why do you think Henry County was able to beat Melrose, East, and Fairley last season? How do you expect the three of them to be this year? Doesn't Melrose return many starters from last year? How about returners from East and Fairley?

Edited by Red Warrior

Then the ONLY thing that would cause me concern is if he re-enrolls at Obion, immediately after the season. I know that you would find that quite normal, but that would throw up a red flag for the rest of us. I wish him well, no matter where he plays. I don't care why he is moving. I asked the obvious questions about the transfers, and you got ultra-defensive. I wonder why? After you said ridiculous and unrealistic things, I countered, and you couldn't handle it, and got even more defensive? I wonder why? How would you defend the Wing-T offense? How would you attack the 4-3 defense? What pass coverage would you employ against a spread attack that is a "pass first" offense? How would you block the sweep against any defense? In a change of pace question, why do you think Henry County was able to beat Melrose, East, and Fairley last season? How do you expect the three of them to be this year? Doesn't Melrose return many starters from last year? How about returners from East and Fairley?

1. Defending wing t-Regardless of the defense whether it be an even, odd, or split look, you understand that this offense is a pulling, trapping offense. Penetration kills the wing t. Defensive tackles must read the heads of the guards and react with squeeze techniques to stop the trap ( the base play in which all other wing t plays are predicated). Defensive backs, (contain and force people must learn to read the wing's block and on the down block for the sweep, squeeze tight to seal the running lane and take the puller on at the knees and take him down, thus closing the designed bubble for the back. Defensive backs must remember their first responsibility is pass! Wing T offense, if run properly sets up the play action pass off of run action. For the belly and other plays, basic techniques of reading, squeezing, squatting ,etc. will take care of everything else. Also, lateral movement by the defensive front will create problems . One other item is a technique that is seldom used but is very effective. In even fronts these days most people will give you a 3 and a 1 technique, with the 3 to the strong side. Put the three to the weak side and the 1 strong. This will necessitate the inside backer to switch gap responsibility putting him in the strong B gap. Work with the inside backer on keying the fb. (Considering that the base plays in this offense are the trap, speep, belly, and waggle pass). In stopping the trap and sweep, coach him that IF the fb starts weak, to look for the sweep. People will look to trap the 3 rather than the 1. If the fb starts strong, look for the trap, because the action of the qb and the alignment of the tb is not set for sweep action. These are a few of the basics. Stunting of LB's and slanting of down linemen also allows for penetration that I mentioned earlier.

Attacking the 4-3- Most people like to test the bubbles off tackle. If you can be effective running at these bubbles you are able to set up some nice play-action passes.

Pass coverage against a spread offense that likes to throw rather than run- I like a cover 2 with man under in press coverage. This takes away the outs, curls, hooks, because you now are in chase mode and in an under position against the routes that I just mentioned. You have help over the top with the safeties for the deep routes.

Blocking the seep-You didn't give me any particular formation so let's use the wing t that you mentioned earlier. Wb will seal the defensive end, tackle blocks the first man inside, on or off the line. The guard pulls and is responsible for kicking out the contain or force man. The center will look at the depth of the inside lb. If alignment shows no threat of stunt by lb, he generally will block backside. This will change with LB walked up. Center then will block playside and the fb will block the backside A gap. Backside guard pulls tight off the wb's block and looks inside. Nothing shows he continues downfield. Tb is looking to run in the bubble created by the kick-out block by his guard.

Henry Co. vs Melrose- Didn't get a chance to see it. I would assume based on the early season prognastications from last year that size played a major role in the outcome. Melrose teams are generally small and quick. I'm assuming that Henry held the football and kept the Melrose offense on the sideline while controlling the clock and field position. Add to the fact that Melrose had another new coach last year and the offensive responsibilities switched back and forth between several people may have led to a problem of continuity. As far as East is concerned, (I had them 2 times), they were athletic but totally undisciplined. Little things beat them all year when they lost. Fairley, was just coming into their own. Playoffs after the first round put them in unfamiliar territory. Look for them to improve off of last year's performance.

Returning starters from East and Fairley-Haven't a clue. Buy Murphy Fairs book to get a good idea. That's what I would do.

Whack! Whack! Whack! (That's the sound of baby seal skulls). One thing you never asked and it's obvious that you never knew. You simply assumed ( and you know what they say about assuming) that I only officiated and had never set foot on the field as anything other that an official. Wrong again. I've had a little coaching experience. Not thirty something years like you, because I got tired of starving my wife and family to death and decided I needed to do something else that would be more financially rewarding. I still love the game and that's why I do what I do. Don't assume that you are so all-knowing and others can't communicate with someone so schollarly as yourself. Many can and I darn sure can!

Dang red warrior how much did you have to pay for that clinic you just receivied! I too haven't the experience that you boast but even I can see that wtoff knows what he's talking about and I'm waiting eagerly for your retort. We in Tipton county wait with baited breath for your every word from the mountain top.