Outlook for Region 7-4A

Yanker

Obviously, we all love football. We get on here and play around and even get smart-mouthed with each other. I just want to take a break from that right now and send my deepest prayers and sympathy to the Dyer community and the family and friends of the young man who lost his life. It is the kids that are most important.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We play your beloved JCM week 10 so nothing will be unknown. Good luck. I can't help but wonder will JCM be looking forward to basketball season by week 10 as they did this year. DEMOLISHED, the only thing getting demolished is the great "pebble".

The YANKER did not look forward to basketball season...not last year...not any year!!! He who speaks so irreverently about such a sacred place...is likely to be swallowed by such a place!!!! The YANKER is a legend...the "ROCK" is a legendary place...YOU are but a bump in the road!!! Beware of the "ROCK"!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, we all love football. We get on here and play around and even get smart-mouthed with each other. I just want to take a break from that right now and send my deepest prayers and sympathy to the Dyer community and the family and friends of the young man who lost his life. It is the kids that are most important.

Well said!! John Donne's "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND" says it all. "When one grain of sand is washed from England's shore, She (England) becomes the less," We now have become less. The prayers abound from Tipton Co. for the family and friends of Will Orr.

Well said!! John Donne's "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND" says it all. "When one grain of sand is washed from England's shore, She (England) becomes the less," We now have become less. The prayers abound from Tipton Co. for the family and friends of Will Orr.

Thoughts and prayers from Henry Co. as well, let's remember that we are talking about young men here with a lot of future ahead of them, and we hope that they will cherrish these times with friends, and not let us has beens get in the way. The events are tragic which took place this week, we offer our sympathies to the family and friends.

Saw alot of size at Henry County pract other night? Who are the linemen? Heard we had some huge sophmore? What side of the ball does he play? Can't wait till the scrimmage at HC to see what we got! Boy is it hot on the practice field those boys are tough I was just watching and got hot!!!!! :D

The YANKER did not look forward to basketball season...not last year...not any year!!! He who speaks so irreverently about such a sacred place...is likely to be swallowed by such a place!!!! The YANKER is a legend...the "ROCK" is a legendary place...YOU are but a bump in the road!!! Beware of the "ROCK"!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right we are a bump in the road. We were a bump in the road for your JCM cougars last year and started them on their slide to the bottom. Have a nice day :D

Then I certainly don't understand your game-playing mentality of picking Henry Co. to be first while you make excuses for Munford. Henry Co. lost 25 seniors, including nine starters on offense, the entire offensive line, and the best athlete in Henry Co. history. It sounds to me as if you and cougarmike got together to plan your coach-speak whining.

I'm sure there are a lot of things that you don't understand, but I only have time to try and clearify this one. Henry County has done a great job of building a program over the last several years. Building a freshman class that became sophmores and then juniors and thus seniors will allow a team to reload instead of rebuild. One year a program does not make. We came into Munford and took over a program with 22 seniors and worked them hard. You can't do some of the same things with sophmores that you can do with older more developed seniors. Overall their not as physically and mentally tough as a senior. That's why you hear coaches talk about a young football team not being ready yet. H.C. has gotten to the point where they replace a group of seniors with an equal number of juniors thus maintaining an upperclass football team. To maintain a successful program you've got to have a strong senior class each year.

Edited by cougarmike

I'm sure there are a lot of things that you don't understand, but I only have time to try and clearify this one. Henry County has done a great job of building a program over the last several years. Building a freshman class that became sophmores and then juniors and thus seniors will allow a team to reload instead of rebuild. One year a program does not make. We came into Munford and took over a program with 22 seniors and worked them hard. You can't do some of the same things with sophmores that you can do with older more developed seniors. Overall their not as physically and mentally tough as a senior. That's why you hear coaches talk about a young football team not being ready yet. H.C. has gotten to the point where they replace a group of seniors with an equal number of juniors thus maintaining an upperclass football team. To maintain a successful program you've got to have a strong senior class each year.

I understand a lot more than you will ever realize, but thank you for "clearifying" that point. You and your players stay safe in the heat.

All of us in Henry County are thrilled when you "explain" things to us, since we are so dumb up here. I agree with what you say . I think his point was that we aren't buying your "crying and whining", no matter what the reason may be. How is this year's batch of transfers? The question is legitimate, since you and your friend say it is inevitable and normal, that they will flock to Munford. I pick Henry County to win the region, but the region is yours again, if your transfer group is as numerous and athletic as last year.

Edited by Red Warrior

All of us in Henry County are thrilled when you "explain" things to us, since we are so dumb up here. I agree with what you say . I think his point was that we aren't buying your "crying and whining", no matter what the reason may be. How is this year's batch of transfers? The question is legitimate, since you and your friend say it is inevitable and normal, that they will flock to Munford. I pick Henry County to win the region, but the region is yours again, if your transfer group is as numerous and athletic as last year.

Thanks, Red Warrior. That was my point, but in my ignorant Henry Co. mentality, I was obviously not clear. My other point is this: even if a coach thinks his team does not have a chance, why in the world would he say that on a public forum where the players can read it? Quite motivational. That is why I think it is nothing but "coach speak," and I don't buy a word of it. If you will read some of last year's Munford posts, the coaches pride themselves on talking about what THEY can do with so little talent.

Well it is obvious that SOMEONE has to explain things to you!!! I wouldn't say that you are dumbe...maybe you're just obstinant!! I don't consider stating facts crying and whining...just a statement of the obvious. Maybe not as obvious to you as the youth at Munford is the fact that whether those guys are 15, 16, 17, 18, or 34 , when they walk out of the dressing room, their intent, and make no mistake about it is to WIN!! That's the way it should be, expected to be, and the way they have been coached. As for transfers, refer to the line in the movie "Field of Dream"...."If you build it, they will come." They're building it at Munford, and they're gonna come!!!!!!!!

Well it is obvious that SOMEONE has to explain things to you!!! I wouldn't say that you are dumbe...maybe you're just obstinant!! I don't consider stating facts crying and whining...just a statement of the obvious. Maybe not as obvious to you as the youth at Munford is the fact that whether those guys are 15, 16, 17, 18, or 34 , when they walk out of the dressing room, their intent, and make no mistake about it is to WIN!! That's the way it should be, expected to be, and the way they have been coached. As for transfers, refer to the line in the movie "Field of Dream"...."If you build it, they will come." They're building it at Munford, and they're gonna come!!!!!!!!

Let's face it; you and your friend are trying to downplay Munford's chances, so if/when you have a good season, your coaches will look brilliant. That's an old coach trick that we've all used. Just admit it, stop whining, and move on. I asked how the transfers were for this year but I got no response. As usual, you simply responded with an explanation that illustrates how great your coaches are, and how great the program has become. Are you an attorney or a politician? You have certainly MASTERED the art of evading the questions you do not like, and focussing on your agenda in rersponse to ALL questions.