Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any idea who the top incoming Freshman might be? Should have some good talent with all the success @ the MS level.

I would say Brad Mason from White Pine. From what I am told though he will not be here. Rumor has it he is going to M'West. Does anyone have info as to more correct information?

Brad told me he wants to go to JC, his dad has mentioned maybe West or Maryville.

Also, many of the top incoming athletes are 3 sporters. I'm pretty sure they will all play baseball, and Jeff Co will be tooough in a few years. As for football and basketball, a lot of them say it depends on the situation at the time.

There are too many rumors out there about too many things at JCHS. People need to chill out and try to help and be active instead of whispering the latest rumors.

If no one has noticed, Jefferson County is struggling across the board. I honestly don't see Jeff Co winning a district title in anything but golf this year. While coaching might be blamed for a sport or two, it cant be used as an excuse for everything. There have to be underlying problems that need to be addressed. Participation is at an all-time low in EVERYTHING, not just football. Heck even the cheerleading squad had just seven people the other night. Not bad considering JCHS is one of the biggest high schools in the state.

Edited by DZbettin

Brad told me he wants to go to JC, his dad has mentioned maybe West or Maryville.

Also, many of the top incoming athletes are 3 sporters. I'm pretty sure they will all play baseball, and Jeff Co will be tooough in a few years. As for football and basketball, a lot of them say it depends on the situation at the time.

There are too many rumors out there about too many things at JCHS. People need to chill out and try to help and be active instead of whispering the latest rumors.

If no one has noticed, Jefferson County is struggling across the board. I honestly don't see Jeff Co winning a district title in anything but golf this year. While coaching might be blamed for a sport or two, it cant be used as an excuse for everything. There have to be underlying problems that need to be addressed. Participation is at an all-time low in EVERYTHING, not just football. Heck even the cheerleading squad had just seven people the other night. Not bad considering JCHS is one of the biggest high schools in the state.

I noticed that, DZ, we usually have around 15 cheerleaders, I wonder what the problem is?

Not to change the subject too much but there is a new thread (School Letters). Seems to me many things have changed since I was at JCHS. Letters is one of them. Ya know everyone is talking about how the sports program is a shambles, no participation, etc... Anyone ever thought it maybe in part due to a lack of recognition??? Last several FB dinners I have been to no letters were given out, no certificates(which is a joke anyway, KINKOS makes them all day long 50 cents). Yes, MVPs were recognized but not everyone is a MVP but several should be recognized and letter.

When I first asked about it I was told that the players were asked a few years back and they did not want them. Why let the past speak for the current??? I believe it maybe in part that the current administration doesn't want to fool with it. If that is so, shame on them!!!!! If they don't want to do their job maybe they should find another one.

Coaches this is directed to you. You guys are always trying to motivate and get the best out of these young men every day. More power to ya, I know it’s not an easy task. You use the boards in the weight room to post names for outstanding effort and that’s great. So why aren't you rewarding those that make a difference with a letter??? I've got many years experience leading young men in both the military and civilian environments. And this is a fact: Lack of recognition has a direct effect on effort and participation. "Atta boys" are a must throughout the day and games, but in the end, there must be a greater reward. A reward that can be looked back on, worn in public, and cherished for years to come. Presenting school letters would meet all of these things. You want things to be like they were back in the 80's??? You want to improve morale and participation??? Then start doing things like they were done back then. Its things like this that we have gotten awy from that will start to turn this program and the others around.

I would say Brad Mason from White Pine. From what I am told though he will not be here. Rumor has it he is going to M'West. Does anyone have info as to more correct information?

I guess his dad thinks his son is too good for Jefferson County, right?

Not saying he is, but I hate middle school kids talking of transferring. I've heard of several that say they wont play for Jefferson County for several reasons and it makes me sick.