Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

Thanks king, no the boat is still there but play in the golf tournament and your mad skills may get it for you lol. :rolleyes: Hey two more post and we make it to 400. That has to be a record for a Jeff County football thread. Back during girls basketball we made it to like 5 or 600 but JC football usually doesnt make it past 6 post period

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a very impressive record. However, if his ties are that close and he cared that much, he would be here coaching, making a difference.

I totally disagree w /that point. Just because he isn't coaching here doesn't mean he doesn't care. It may have a lot to do with pay scale for Jeff. Co vs Maryville . Would you take a 30k drop in your pay just to move home? I'll listen to his input because he knows what he is talking about. Why do CN contacts hold water with you? What has CN ever done to help this program?

Thanks king, no the boat is still there but play in the golf tournament and your mad skills may get it for you lol. :rolleyes: Hey two more post and we make it to 400. That has to be a record for a Jeff County football thread. Back during girls basketball we made it to like 5 or 600 but JC football usually doesnt make it past 6 post period

DZ picture looks great thanks for doing that for me. Update on the tournament we have 28 hole sposors and at least 15 teams signed up so far. Sounds like we may get a coach by weekend which I think will be best versus announcing later next week as planned. Kids need to know and that way hopefully if it is someone other than Gut he can get involved with practices and meet with players and parents at the meeting on the 15th.

Been a while since I hav been on here mainly I did'nt want to be involved from past threads but I think everyone on this thread is eager to get behind this team and coach whomever it might be and put the Patriots back to where the belong in the football world. I don't expect that to happen overnight but I look forward to what could be shaping up as a good year and a step in the right direction.

Anyone wanting to get involved with the Sideline Club and help the team in encouraged to do so.We have already bought the team a state of the art video system and equipment bags. We have big plans for the year. Our next meeting in May 21 at 6:00. See everyone at the scrimmage at CN.

Wow, I wonder what lowered his interest all of a sudden after two rounds of interviews

He ONLY wanted the job if we remained ONE high school. He was at the last Commish/school board meeting to see for him self. This is only one example where our kids are being hurt by our inept school board and county commiss.. If he turned it down, that is too bad. He sounded like the right guy.

Gut is 2-4 yrs away from being a truly qualified applicant. The entire staff needs some shake up and it would be VERY hard for Gut to make the neccessary changes due to the loyalties to his fellow coaches.

He ONLY wanted the job if we remained ONE high school. He was at the last Commish/school board meeting to see for him self. This is only one example where our kids are being hurt by our inept school board and county commiss.. If he turned it down, that is too bad. He sounded like the right guy.

Gut is 2-4 yrs away from being a truly qualified applicant. The entire staff needs some shake up and it would be VERY hard for Gut to make the neccessary changes due to the loyalties to his fellow coaches.

Ahhh yes, the two school idea :rolleyes:

He has a very impressive record. However, if his ties are that close and he cared that much, he would be here coaching, making a difference.

That is just about ignorant. Based on this logic, we can only seek advice from people that want the job.

A very narrow attitude. Why don't you cough up the 6 figure income for GQ and then we can talk to him.

Hey Patsandman, I had an idea dont know how good it is though. Since the first game is at home and it is sortof like a new beginning for JCHS football, what about a big pre game pep rally at the school to kinda kick things off. Didnt know what you and the sideline club and maybe DZ thought about that, im sure you all could work together and make it big time. Like maybe one of those big tents in front of the school in the grassy section, get coke or pepsi or whatever and other people to donate drinks and hot dogs/hamburgers for grilling out, maybe WJFC could do a live remote from there. Who knows how big you could make it, but im sure you could charge a couple of bucks to help cover any cost.

Just a thought

Now whose being ignorant? Why don't you cough up the 6 figures to fire the entire staff and hire who you want? All I am saying is people like you seem to think GQ is a solve all for everything football realted at JC. He is not. It takes a dedicated coaching staff as well. Something I believe we have here. Look at how many combined years of JC experience there are with all the coaches +Kisabeth. You know how get that many years? By being loyal to your kids/school. You mention Gut's loyalty. Loyalty is a very uncommon virtue anymore. Something you must not have or you would not be on here running down the entire coaching staff before the season even starts.

Edited by Topgun