Oakland vs. Riverdale

Oaklandpower06

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kit Carlton DOES it all folks......he blocked around 11 shots tonight and scored 10....no telling how many rebounds either. He was BASHIN in the paint man oh man was he a factor in this one tonight.

Both Thomas and Allen fouled out tonight. Allen was high scorer with 22 and Wade was right on his tail with a HUGE 19. Smith with 19 for RHS. Thomas with 14 or 15.

Oakland had sooooooo many turnovers. That was the difference in this game and kept RHS in it. In fact I don't know how long it took for RHS to score the first basket. RHS shot and shot and shot......how many 3's did Thomas try tonight? GEEZ.....he missed a lot of shots and several FT's at the end that he should have gotten. OHS was up by ten with around 3 mins left in the game and you saw RHS fans packing it up. So sad to see b/c RHS kept on fighting til they were w/i 5. Wade's free throws late were big......a great game that kept you glued.

I love the MAFIA.............man oh man are they gooooooood!!!!! LOUD LOUD LOUD

Edited by 2priceless

Kit Carlton DOES it all folks......he blocked around 11 shots tonight and scored 10....no telling how many rebounds either. He was BASHIN in the paint man oh man was he a factor in this one tonight.

Both Thomas and Allen fouled out tonight. Allen was high scorer with 22 and Wade was right on his tail with a HUGE 19. Smith with 19 for RHS. Thomas with 14 or 15.

Oakland had sooooooo many turnovers. That was the difference in this game and kept RHS in it. In fact I don't know how long it took for RHS to score the first basket. RHS shot and shot and shot......how many 3's did Thomas try tonight? GEEZ.....he missed a lot of shots and several FT's at the end that he should have gotten. OHS was up by ten with around 3 mins left in the game and you saw RHS fans packing it up. So sad to see b/c RHS kept on fighting til they were w/i 5. Wade's free throws late were big......a great game that kept you glued.

for those of us who don't know all they players by name......Who won???

OK...my take on the game...it was a real good game too bad we didnt get good officials to go with it..this was by far the worst 3 we have had all year 2 top 10 teams and we get guys like that unreal....unfortunatly they played a big part in this game....but i digress

I am very proud of my WARRIORS tonight they faught the whole game oakland did a nice job of executing in clutch situations and i give them full credit for that.. we didnt have much of an answer for kit on the inside however micheal did get several rebound but he worked his butt off to get them too both kevin and chaison go theirs like you knew they would wade played fairly well too i thought both teams played well we just came up short (still fussin about officials under my breath) coach Burks did a good job tonight coaching made some good adjustments early in the game as oakland jumped out to like a 11-2 score or somthin like that and we responded and took a lead i thought the big play was when oakland shot a 3 and missed but we fouled the shooter and they took the lead with those 3 free throws and also on the offensive end for oakland they had 2 possesions in a row were they exectued their play very nicely

had a good time at the game wish we could have pulled off the sweep but still proud of our boys effort

EJ SHOOT THE BALL AND QUIT PUSHING IT AND SHOOT WITH CONFIDENCE!!!!!!

LOVE YA KID

p.s. BASHIN IN THE PAINT IS RIGHT UNFORTUNATLY NOTHIN WAS CALLED

chaisson and kevin both had 21 each. thomas had 15. credit to jaffarious, i was sitting with blackmans chase randle the entire game, he knows jaffarious very well and said jaffarious is the best he has ever seen at drawing fouls. i agree fully. jaffarious probably had 14 points off free throws. that in my opinion could be the difference in the game.

riverdale committed a bunch of stupid fouls before they had to actually start fouling. probably the most 3pt fouls ive seen in a game i can remember. i think the game was called okay, (those refs were really going at lanning in the girls game though) but michael and tanner were getting roughed up down low quite a bit. it was a physical ball game. michael is a warrior and after kit got 2 of those blocks on the same player on the same possession and after like 2 more putbacks, michael finally earned his 2 points. i thought that said something about his play to keep fighting ;)

when it came to post play, riverdales got 10 points (michael 6 tanner 2 ben 2), and considering michael averages 16 alone, it will also take more than that to win. oaklands didnt exactly walk all over us in the post either kit had 10 also (shane had 3 which i believe was off a 3pter i believe). of course we got outrebounded (understandably so) and oaklands were able to spread the ball out for others to get their points.

you say oaklands turnovers is what kept riverdale in it, would you like to credit riverdales D? i think riverdale kept riverdale in it. it was a lack of intensity from about the 5 minute to 1:30 mark in the 4th that probably put us out as oakland got up to a 10 point lead.

riverdale responded well after getting behind 9-0, with a 14-2 point run themselves. i felt like our boys came ready to play tonight, EARNED ALOT of respect that wasnt given. i had gone into the game thinking if riverdale played their ball they would win either way. a little bit of a moral victory in my opinion. we'll have other opportunities :thumb:

i have tons of respect for oakland ball as always, but i dont feel like oakland is to far ahead of us. they are more fundamentally sound but riverdale is close to an equal in their on game IMO.

crowd was packed tonight, some fans started filing out but not to the extent 2p described. lower level was full till the end, fans up stairs started moving down with a couple minutes left. kings mafia is pretty good, didnt cheer all to much but they supported their team well. the oakland o-zone raps where pretty cool but sitting right by the DJ hired for the game i thought he was probably the biggest joke i had ever seen. everyone got their moneys worth between both games, i think i could have paid 20 dollars tonight and not have left dissapointed :blink:

btw, who was that fella on riverdales bench who wasnt dressed out...thats another thing that makes me even MORE excited for riverdale ball. this team will only get better B)

Edited by tdntn

chaisson and kevin both had 21 each. thomas had 15. credit to jaffarious, i was sitting with blackmans chase randle the entire game, he knows jaffarious very well and said jaffarious is the best he has ever seen at drawing fouls. i agree fully. jaffarious probably had 14 points off free throws. that in my opinion could be the difference in the game.

riverdale committed a bunch of stupid fouls before they had to actually start fouling. probably the most 3pt fouls ive seen in a game i can remember. i think the game was called okay, (those refs were really going at lanning in the girls game though) but michael and tanner were getting roughed up down low quite a bit. it was a physical ball game. michael is a warrior and after kit got 2 of those blocks on the same player on the same possession and after like 2 more putbacks, michael finally earned his 2 points. i thought that said something about his play to keep fighting :thumb:

when it came to post play, riverdales got 10 points (michael 6 tanner 2 ben 2), and considering michael averages 16 alone, it will also take more than that to win. oaklands didnt exactly walk all over us in the post either kit had 10 also (shane had 3 which i believe was off a 3pter i believe). of course we got outrebounded (understandably so) and oaklands were able to spread the ball out for others to get their points.

you say oaklands turnovers is what kept riverdale in it, would you like to credit riverdales D? i think riverdale kept riverdale in it. it was a lack of intensity from about the 5 minute to 1:30 mark in the 4th that probably put us out as oakland got up to a 10 point lead.

riverdale responded well after getting behind 9-0, with a 14-2 point run themselves. i felt like our boys came ready to play tonight, EARNED ALOT of respect that wasnt given. i had gone into the game thinking if riverdale played their ball they would win either way. a little bit of a moral victory in my opinion. we'll have other opportunities :thumb:

i have tons of respect for oakland ball as always, but i dont feel like oakland is to far ahead of us. they are more fundamentally sound but riverdale is close to an equal in their on game IMO.

crowd was packed tonight, some fans started filing out but not to the extent 2p described. lower level was full till the end, fans up stairs started moving down with a couple minutes left. kings mafia is pretty good, didnt cheer all to much but they supported their team well. the oakland o-zone raps where pretty cool but sitting right by the DJ hired for the game i thought he was probably the biggest joke i had ever seen. everyone got their moneys worth between both games, i think i could have paid 20 dollars tonight and not have left dissapointed :thumb:

btw, who was that fella on riverdales bench who wasnt dressed out...thats another thing that makes me even MORE excited for riverdale ball. this team will only get better B)

Ill admit, I thought Oakland was going to have a tough go of it late, but pull away at the end due in part to lackluster play on riverdale's part but that never materialized. IMO, Riverdale has improved tremendously pretty much in every category, but I feel the biggest change is in their defense, no longer do their players just show up on offense, they are truly well-rounded players.

At the beginning, I thought having Kevin Smith at the point would expose Riverdale for a lack of ballhandlers, but I praise Coach Burks for moving him to the point, his athletic ability makes that offense tough to stop and they are the 2nd best offense I believe Oakland has faced all year, with only Butler being better. Oakland gave up more points in the 2nd half, but made better adjustments in stopping the drive and kick offense Riverdale was using against us last night, but it didnt hurt that for most of the night, Kit Carlton was a force inside.

To me, the turning point was the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th when Oakland was able to take a 8 point lead with about 6 minutes or so in the 4th quarter, Riverdale made it interesting late, but could never get closer than 4 points at the end. Yes, Oakland committed 16 turnovers, not a good number, but not terribly bad considering Riverdale forced us into making some bad decisions late, these werent unforced turnovers for the most part.

Big moment of the game had to be where Kevin Smith dunks it to make it 44-40, then Kit Carlton comes right back with a flush of his own to get back to a 2 possession ballgame, that was a huge moment in the game. Overall, I dont think Oakland played its best game, but its a definite improvement from tuesday night. I feel Riverdale is a good team and for the most part, worthy of their ranking, but I feel were a better team by a solid margin when comparing their best against our best

I feel that Riverdale did have a better game than some were expecting. (maybe even themselves) I believe the were already intimidated by Kit (52) and his size since they have n1 of that size to match up to him. Both teams pounded hard. It was a good game to watch but would have enjoyed a more even call played game. Alot of the calls for both ways were uncalled for but them some very obvios calls went overlooked. was crazy..overall great game to be watching. WTG both teams Riverdale just needs to learn how to finish the game off as a team Great players make great plays but rely on great teamates to help them. :thumb: