Smith County @ Livingston Academy

Stark1

Very good analogy and i agree with you. However if they are hitting their 3's they can run a "good" team out of the gym and don't think, if given the chance, they won't drop 100 on you even if they're up by 30 because it will happen i assure you of that. They play fast paced from the first guy on the floor to the last so it could happen but more than likely i see the game in the 70-80 range but 90+ is not out of the question if they're hot! :D

I see what you are saying, and I know they can fill it up quick, which makes them so scarry. I also know, that Melton will not hesitate to run up the score, if he gets a chance. Hopefully we'll see a good injury free game. LA has a good atmosphere, I'm looking forward to coming up there.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice how high Chase Dunn was jumping in the game? On a lay-up the kid had his hand over the rim.. I know that doesn't mean much, but for a kid his size thats pretty impressive...

The guy that posted the schedule ranks makes a good point... Looks like LA isn't afraid to play the big dogs, unlike some of the other teams in the district...

not sure if he had the chance or if King and Devil were both wrong about LA runnin up the score. Maybe having to play Cleveland tonight had something to do with it, but LA played a lot of players last night in both halves. the first half was pretty close. LA led by 9 at the half and that's as close as SC got in the second half. The lead was more than 20 a couple of times. LA holding the ball for most of the last four minutes of the game didn't look like they were running up the score. However, I have seen them blow teams out myself. Way to get back on the winning track LA. Do it again tonight.

Did anyone notice how high Chase Dunn was jumping in the game? On a lay-up the kid had his hand over the rim.. I know that doesn't mean much, but for a kid his size thats pretty impressive...

The guy that posted the schedule ranks makes a good point... Looks like LA isn't afraid to play the big dogs, unlike some of the other teams in the district...

I noticed the same thing last year at Pickett Co.... X-mas tourney.....Against Siegel he drove around the defender and took it up over their big man 6-5 or 6-6 a number of times and layed it in. I knew right then that he was going to be a player.

Playing a hard schedule can only make you a better team or player. I think LA will reap the benifits come tourney time. The only way to get better is to play teams that are better than you. The 2005 LA football team can attest to that. That 5-5 regular season was a little mis- leading to say the least.

I've heard talk about the RBS girls and the easy schedule their playing. That could hurt them when it counts ...........I guess time will tell.... we'll see.

It's no surprise why Jackson Co. girls have been so successful over the years..they always play a hard schedule. They have a SOS rank # 1..

Clay Co. ranked 3rd......C- Range rank13th......Pickett Co. rank16th and RBS rank 87th.

Edited by Rocking Chair

With LA losing three in a row, Smith County is liable to lose this game soundly.

LA by 10

Wildcat 1970

most of the teams in 7AA would have lost to jackson county, david lipscomb, and pickett county. just becauase 2 of them were single A doesn't mean anything. still think la is best team in 7AA with upperman a close 2nd and dekalb a close 3rd.