Smith County @ Livingston Academy

Stark1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One could also make another argument. LA being on a downward spiral and not playing well. The Owls played the best I've seen them play to date. The Wildcats could be the ones in for the long night at their place.

Owls by 3.

Imallin you always seem to be an expert on SC ball. How many years have you watched teams play? What was your favorite. How many coaches you seen there? What was the bestever team in old 8AA of which I was a huge fan.

ah i agree, La is one a downward spiral, but last night was the first time i think coach melton has ever lost 3 in a row, i wouldnt count on there being 4 in a row, and if you know coach, you might agree, i say LA by 5 cause smith is usually tough

Edited by King21

Its me again Z King, ill be pulin for you guys but there's one problem...size. LA cant get the ball to Ramsey cuz he will eat ya'll alive in the paint. They would have beaten dekalb easily if they had kept feeding it to him. They seemed to shy away from that at the end of the game tho. LA by 6. Good luck owls! :thumb:

Thanks for the support, but I'm not as worried about Ramsey as much as I am their guard play, of course now that I say that he could possibly come out and dominate. I'm not saying he sin't a good player or anything like that, but when I watched them play dekalb, they went to him early some, but got away from him, and he pretty much split time with another kid. Dennis so far this year has done a great job defending post to be as undersized as he is every night.

I will say, if we play like we did last night, Owls by 5. Owls played very smart last night with the lead. Only took 11 shots in the second half. 8 turnovers for the game. Great rebounding on Cannon's big men as well. We didnt give up very many second shots, however they didn't crash very hard. Could have been lazyness, or maybe we just out worked them. Anyway, great effort Owls, please keep that rolling. Good luck to DC friday night vs. Cannon tigerfan :D

Edited by Z King of D Swing

Imallin you always seem to be an expert on SC ball. How many years have you watched teams play? What was your favorite. How many coaches you seen there? What was the bestever team in old 8AA of which I was a huge fan.

I guess you could say I've seen my share of games. Early 90's were the best stretch I've seen in this area. The 2 teams we had go to the dance were the best I've seen from SC. Dirk Ashe is the best coach to have been here. The York (P. Smith, Beaty boys), LA (Melton, Swallow), Upperman (Haggard squad) teams were all tough.

i think Smith has a good chance to knock them off. but i think L.A.'s coach is a pretty good coach and has probably made the wildcats have a long week of practice because they have lost 3 in a row, it's really bad timing for smith 2 catch L.A. after a 3 game skid, but they still got a shot, it will be hard 4 them to stop ramsey, it's really in dunn's hands if L.A. wins or not

Thanks for the support, but I'm not as worried about Ramsey as much as I am their guard play, of course now that I say that he could possibly come out and dominate. I'm not saying he sin't a good player or anything like that, but when I watched them play dekalb, they went to him early some, but got away from him, and he pretty much split time with another kid. Dennis so far this year has done a great job defending post to be as undersized as he is every night.

I will say, if we play like we did last night, Owls by 5. Owls played very smart last night with the lead. Only took 11 shots in the second half. 8 turnovers for the game. Great rebounding on Cannon's big men as well. We didnt give up very many second shots, however they didn't crash very hard. Could have been lazyness, or maybe we just out worked them. Anyway, great effort Owls, please keep that rolling. Good luck to DC friday night vs. Cannon tigerfan :rolleyes:

Been in SC gym many times and have only seen one picture of a state tournament team. How many times did they go in the 90's? I think Derward Vaughn and Roy Sewell were hands down the best coaches ever in this area. Joe Halfacre too. Only time I saw SC with that Ashe guy coaching was when he had the big boy that was at UT for awhile. I was never impressed with the way he used him.