MBA

Footballfan15

Folks,

The Headman is back in town and incensed. Can not believe everybody is not behind him 100%. I guess the toxic fumes from flying across the country got to him. Anyway, back at school and heading up this national search committee. I understood Bill Parcells resigned from Dallas and would be interested.....NOT...can't control the Big Tuna. Jerry Jones found this out. Keep searching and come back around, the next guy is just around the corner. Now I would call this a Big Step Up!!!!!

Beckham from England would not come & coach football because he is wanting a movie career. Can you see the Spice Girls in Music City USA? Also heard the Headman talked to Austin Powers but was turned down, not even the English Secret Service can control him. Oh beeehavee Baby! :thumb:

Would you mind explaining what is wrong with the headmaster of a prestigious school that prides itself on more than football wanting to have control over the head coach? And what exactly do you mean by "control"? Not letting in students who won't be able to do the work? Not allowing the rest of the athletic programs suffer at the expense of football? I am very confused. To me, if the coach doesn't answer to the headmaster in high school there is a serious priority check in order.

Would you mind explaining what is wrong with the headmaster of a prestigious school that prides itself on more than football wanting to have control over the head coach? And what exactly do you mean by "control"? Not letting in students who won't be able to do the work? Not allowing the rest of the athletic programs suffer at the expense of football? I am very confused. To me, if the coach doesn't answer to the headmaster in high school there is a serious priority check in order.

Excellent point.

You know exactly what I mean. The Headman has every right to have control over the program as he has control over everything that goes on at MBA. That is his job and his responsibility. However, he does not have control over an individual. Coach R. did not fall in line with what the Headman wanted. He understood he answered to him but did not agree with everything and that is where the problems started. He was not a puppet for the G-man. If you really knew what was going on, you would understand. If this is too hard for you to understand, put the sock back over the hand, draw two eyes, and nod your hand up and down. Puppet, puppet, puppet. People in the know understand.

If you want to continue to defend this guy, then go ahead. The more you talk, the more you sound just like him.

P.S. You do not have to continue the brown nose job.

You know exactly what I mean. The Headman has every right to have control over the program as he has control over everything that goes on at MBA. That is his job and his responsibility. However, he does not have control over an individual. Coach R. did not fall in line with what the Headman wanted. He understood he answered to him but did not agree with everything and that is where the problems started. He was not a puppet for the G-man. If you really knew what was going on, you would understand. If this is too hard for you to understand, put the sock back over the hand, draw two eyes, and nod your hand up and down. Puppet, puppet, puppet. People in the know understand.

If you want to continue to defend this guy, then go ahead. The more you talk, the more you sound just like him.

P.S. You do not have to continue the brown nose job.

I intend no sarcasm here. I don't know exactly what you mean. You say several times that Mr. Gioia coulnd't control Rutledge. I don't know exactly what you mean by "control". Did the headmaster tell him to carry out certain tasks, and the coach refused? That would seem to be any supervisor's prerogative. Did the coach disagree with the headmaster's decisions, and carry dissent too far? Again, I have no idea what has happened here, and I have nothing to gain by brown-nosing; my diploma cannot be revoked. Your posts contain a lot of very strong accusations, and you indicate that there's a lot of evidence. What exactly is the evidence? You may well be in possession of some very persuasive facts, but until you cite them, it's only so much noise. And the longer and louder the noise, the more I question how much substance there is.

I intend no sarcasm here. I don't know exactly what you mean. You say several times that Mr. Gioia coulnd't control Rutledge. I don't know exactly what you mean by "control". Did the headmaster tell him to carry out certain tasks, and the coach refused? That would seem to be any supervisor's prerogative. Did the coach disagree with the headmaster's decisions, and carry dissent too far? Again, I have no idea what has happened here, and I have nothing to gain by brown-nosing; my diploma cannot be revoked. Your posts contain a lot of very strong accusations, and you indicate that there's a lot of evidence. What exactly is the evidence? You may well be in possession of some very persuasive facts, but until you cite them, it's only so much noise. And the longer and louder the noise, the more I question how much substance there is.

Woodroof,

You of all people should know that if people don't agree down the line on every issue with the G-Man he places enough heat on them so they will leave. The best organizations banter ideas back and forth and discuss various points of view but when they leave the room everyone needs to be on the same page and that phylosiphy does not take place with the G-man and his "little man" syndrome. I don't agree with my wife on every issue but we have managed to work together for over 40 years by using the give and take method.

The G-Man has had two of the very best high school football coaches in the country (Ricky Bowers & Jeff Rutledge) and he has been successful in getting both of them to leave Montgomery Bell Academy.

I still cannot comprehend how anyone would be surprised that Ricky Bowers left MBA for his position at Ensworth. It was a unique opportunity that MBA could not match; it was probably the only job in TN that would not have been a lateral move for him. Plus, there were professional and personal (family) benefits for him taking that job. If anyone honestly thinks that Gioia pushed him out the door, they are mistaken. He may not have left with the best taste in his mouth, but he took a giant step forward in his career that most any coach would have taken.

well, to steal a bit from RRR---I wonder why JR wasn't hired by BA? After all, his kids went to BA, he is close with BA headmaster Curt Masters through church, and he is a deeply spiritual man. By all accounts a natural fit at BA, and at least according to one poster he voiced that BA was the best coaching job in the state of TN in a radio interview. So why didn't BA offer him the job? They go instead with Ralph Potter from McCallie, whose record the past 5 years is 40-18...who with all of McCallie's money and resources has won one d2 title, 6 years ago, and has this decade, a 2-5 record vs. MBA...and who played football at UTC, while JR was winning NC's at Alabama and playing for Gibbs and Parcells in the NFL.

Edited by big red big blue

Woodroof,

You of all people should know that if people don't agree down the line on every issue with the G-Man he places enough heat on them so they will leave. The best organizations banter ideas back and forth and discuss various points of view but when they leave the room everyone needs to be on the same page and that phylosiphy does not take place with the G-man and his "little man" syndrome. I don't agree with my wife on every issue but we have managed to work together for over 40 years by using the give and take method.

The G-Man has had two of the very best high school football coaches in the country (Ricky Bowers & Jeff Rutledge) and he has been successful in getting both of them to leave Montgomery Bell Academy.

You may have me confused with somebody else. I graduated from MBA 28 yrs ago, and moved away from Nashville 24 yrs ago. My sole contact with Mr. Gioia consists of sending him three emails, all of which he replied to promptly and helpfully. I have no idea how it is to work for him. What I have defended here is the idea that the headmaster should run the school, and the football coach should be fairly far down the chain of command.

As to running off Ricky Bowers, I would have no idea. I exchanged emails with him after each of the state championships, and again when he decided to leave. We played 7th, 8th, and 9th grade football together, although we were acquaintances, not friends. When he left MBA, he indicated that part of it was the professional thrill of establishing a new peogram, and part of it was the opportunity to work at aschool where all of his children could attend. Again, if there were major problems, I'm certainly not the person he would have aired them to.

Knowing the folks at BA, I would not be surprised. Classy way in handling Tom Moore...NOT!!!! Batts, you were not even there when this occurred.

You don't know who I am or where I was at anytime. However, I have noticed you have never let facts get in the way, as you pop off on this board at every opportunity.

So, what is your story? Did you or your kid get turned down for admission or is it countles butt whippings that make you so bitter?

That "Classy - Not" stuff...priceless!!! Great material.

You don't know who I am or where I was at anytime. However, I have noticed you have never let facts get in the way, as you pop off on this board at every opportunity.

So, what is your story? Did you or your kid get turned down for admission or is it countles butt whippings that make you so bitter?

That "Classy - Not" stuff...priceless!!! Great material.

Wrong, you ignorant fool. I know exactly who you are from your classless and ignorant rants on the wrestling board. I dare say you have a son at BA. Got Ya!!! See, I do know what I am talking about and I always state the facts. They are not what you want to hear and it pains you.

As for getting turned down at BA, did not apply. I am sure you are enjoying your stay there. As for butt whippings, NOT. Your problem is, and I quote Jack Nicholson from "A Few Good Men", "You Can't Handle The Truth".

See you on the mats!!!!!!!

Batts, since you are the authority at BA, what facts have I misrepresented? You don't know because you were not there.

Talk about taking a butt whipping!!!!!!!!

Edited by hoosierdad

Wrong, you ignorant fool. I know exactly who you are from your classless and ignorant rants on the wrestling board. I dare say you have a son at BA. Got Ya!!! See, I do know what I am talking about and I always state the facts. They are not what you want to hear and it pains you.

As for getting turned down at BA, did not apply. I am sure you are enjoying your stay there. As for butt whippings, NOT. Your problem is, and I quote Jack Nicholson from "A Few Good Men", "You Can't Handle The Truth".

See you on the mats!!!!!!!

Batts, since you are the authority at BA, what facts have I misrepresented? You don't know because you were not there.

Talk about taking a butt whipping!!!!!!!!

Wow, don't get so angry. I must have hit pretty close to a target. It is ironic that you try so hard to hurt my feelings with your "ignorant fool" comment. You always whine, cry and condemn people when they call you a name on the wrestling board like "Loosierdad". That would pretty much make you a hypocrite.

I said that you do not know if I was there or not during the Tom Moore days. Saying that I have a son atttending Brentwood Academy does not back up your statement. So, consider THAT a fact that you misrepresented. Unless you can back it up...can you?..didn't think so :lol:

Wow, don't get so angry. I must have hit pretty close to a target. It is ironic that you try so hard to hurt my feelings with your "ignorant fool" comment. You always whine, cry and condemn people when they call you a name on the wrestling board like "Loosierdad". That would pretty much make you a hypocrite.

I said that you do not know if I was there or not during the Tom Moore days. Saying that I have a son atttending Brentwood Academy does not back up your statement. So, consider THAT a fact that you misrepresented. Unless you can back it up...can you?..didn't think so :lol:

Batts,

How is Carlos doing? Are you keeping him busy?