Greeneville Head Football Coach

gvegas

The question(s) I have are the following:

What are the perks being offered to the new head coach?

What success criteria is being laid out for the program to meet?

What is the timeline for meeting said success criteria?

Will the new coach be a strict disciplinarian? What criteria will the players be held to, on and off the field?

Will the new head coach be accountable to meet and maintain the agreed upon success criteria?

Lastly, to whomever said that football is king in this part of the country; that is true but evidently not at GHS. Mike Zeller was relieved of his duties 4 months ago. The candidates should have been identified long ago and a successor named and in place.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got to remember that Football is King is this part of the Country, and they need to refurnish the weightroom

Not sure of your basis for making that statement about football being "king"? If you are talking about UT, I'd agree. If you are talking upper East Tennessee, I challenge you to look at the last 20 years and see where our success has been.

girls basketball & boys basketball. There are a handful of state championships in the past 20 years.

What has upper East Tennessee done in football in the past 20 years? If you go as far west as Jefferson County, their heyday was the late 80's. Science Hill hasn't been a force in years. D-B flames out early in playoffs.

As far as that goes, if football was king, doncha think that ETSU could have supported a team?

The question(s) I have are the following:

What are the perks being offered to the new head coach?

What success criteria is being laid out for the program to meet?

What is the timeline for meeting said success criteria?

Will the new coach be a strict disciplinarian? What criteria will the players be held to, on and off the field?

Will the new head coach be accountable to meet and maintain the agreed upon success criteria?

Lastly, to whomever said that football is king in this part of the country; that is true but evidently not at GHS. Mike Zeller was relieved of his duties 4 months ago. The candidates should have been identified long ago and a successor named and in place.

For you last question i think all that comes back to politics and $$$$

http://internetnewsroom.com/wgrv/sports1.htm

McCurry To Head GHS Football Program

by Bobby Rader, News Director

WGRV-WIKQ-WSMG

--------------

A.C. Reynolds High School Head Football Coach Steve McCurry announced his resignation from the Asheville, North Carolina school Monday, telling the Asheville Citizen Times he has accepted the head coaching position at Greeneville High School.

No official release has been issued by the Greeneville City School System, but sources say McCurry has been offered the job, pending the mandatory background check for city school employees.

The A.C. Reynolds football program, according to the Citizen Times, is coming off one of the best football seasons in school history. In four years, McCurry led the Rockets to a 35-13 record and three Northwestern Conference championships. His 2006 team was the only one in Reynolds history to ever complete an undefeated regular season with an 11-0 record.

Not sure of your basis for making that statement about football being "king"? If you are talking about UT, I'd agree. If you are talking upper East Tennessee, I challenge you to look at the last 20 years and see where our success has been.

girls basketball & boys basketball. There are a handful of state championships in the past 20 years.

What has upper East Tennessee done in football in the past 20 years? If you go as far west as Jefferson County, their heyday was the late 80's. Science Hill hasn't been a force in years. D-B flames out early in playoffs.

As far as that goes, if football was king, doncha think that ETSU could have supported a team?

as far as money maker for high school