Independence at Franklin

rebelplaya

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Jan 12 2007 - 08:20 AM) 826329408[/snapback]

Franklin not thinking about independence, only game on the rebels mind is brentwood! That is the next game. I'm pretty sure "indy" is not a rivalry game either,,,, you must win a couple games first indy!

the thing about high school sports is, if you're a rival in one sport, you're a rival in all sports. so with that in mind, we have already won a game, against your football team. and i don't believe for one second that franklin isn't looking ahead to the independence game. they ought to be. as far as depth, independence has plenty of it. brentwood is a better shooting team that franklin in my opinion. IHS's backcourt has the advantage in this one, and if indy's frontcourt shows up to play (which doesn't always happen, but it's becoming more consistent), don't be surprised when indy pulls off the "upset"...

QUOTE(eaglekeeper2 @ Jan 12 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826329527[/snapback]

brentwood is a better shooting team that franklin in my opinion.

The fact is Franklin is the best shooting team in the district maybe the whole state!

We don't lose at home can't wait for the Brentwood game to get started. I really think Brentwood will wilt under our pressure.

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Jan 12 2007 - 08:20 AM) 826329408[/snapback]

Franklin not thinking about independence, only game on the rebels mind is brentwood! That is the next game. I'm pretty sure "indy" is not a rivalry game either,,,, you must win a couple games first indy!

Your an idiot. Indy is 15-2 and 6th on the Tennessean Poll. Thats by far winning some games

i have been paying close atention to these boards and the district 11 r ace this season and i thought at first that independance was the favorite but ive noticed a few things about them:

1. farris cant keep the ball. he had thirteen turnovers tonight against hillwood

2. their guards are good. sometimes real good. but what happens is that the team relys to much on them to score.

3. their big guy is good and hes getting better. 23 points tonight including two thunderus dunks. hes really truning up the heat.

and there biggest problem is number 4

4. coaching is inconsistant. coach let hillwood get up 15-0 and still didn't call a timeout. similar to the mt. juliett game where they go on a big run and he doesn't take a timeout. his plays go to the same guys all the time and he doesnt use his bench all the time. he subs players in and out at bad times and it just appears that the team has a lot more potential

critacism aside, henry is still the second best coach in the region behind the franklin coach.

franklin has good big guys but they are due for a poor shooting game. glover is the x factor in this game and he can make or break the victory. independances guards absolutly have to step up from their bad game friday. overtime with hillwood? what a joke.

franklin is definitely rolling right now but they can be beat. ive watched five of their games and i think that they are beatable. indy needs to play like they played against clarksville.

i still pick franklin by 12 because they just have too much depth but im hoping for a close one.

QUOTE(Cubs05SC @ Jan 13 2007 - 12:35 AM) 826330377[/snapback]

Your an idiot. Indy is 15-2 and 6th on the Tennessean Poll. Thats by far winning some games

That doesn't mean ANYTHING! Is there really a need for name calling? We'll see who turns out to be the idiot on Tuesday night. The stats will speak for itself!

QUOTE(hibachi @ Jan 13 2007 - 12:45 AM) 826330383[/snapback]

i have been paying close atention to these boards and the district 11 r ace this season and i thought at first that independance was the favorite but ive noticed a few things about them:

1. farris cant keep the ball. he had thirteen turnovers tonight against hillwood great point. It happens quite a bit.

2. their guards are good. sometimes real good. but what happens is that the team relys to much on them to score. True as well, very true.

3. their big guy is good and hes getting better. 23 points tonight including two thunderus dunks. hes really truning up the heat.

and there biggest problem is number 4

4. coaching is inconsistant. UNDERSTATMENT coach let hillwood get up 15-0 and still didn't call a timeout. similar to the mt. juliett game where they go on a big run and he doesn't take a timeout. his plays go to the same guys all the time and he doesnt use his bench all the time.Very acurate as well. he subs players in and out at bad times and it just appears that the team has a lot more potential It does, they have a deep bench.

critacism aside, henry is still the second best coach in the region behind the franklin coach Maybe in the top ten, maybe

franklin has good big guys but they are due for a poor shooting game. glover is the x factor in this game and he can make or break the victory. independances guards absolutly have to step up from their bad game friday. overtime with hillwood? what a joke.

franklin is definitely rolling right now but they can be beat. ive watched five of their games and i think that they are beatable. indy needs to play like they played against clarksville.

i still pick franklin by 12 because they just have too much depth but im hoping for a close one.

Coach Henry is doing a great job for Indy. Dont know why you guys are so critical of him. That aside Indy just does not have the talent to stay on the floor with Franklin. I am looking for another double digit win. Indys lack of defense is going to be a big problem in this game. The Indy guards are going to wear down in 4th quarter and be prone to making turnovers. I look for the rebels to run away with this one 15-20 pts.

Ya, I look for them to make turnovers as well. They had one player to make about ten last night. But, they left him in. Some players just have an off night and need to come out. ALso their guard was about 0 for 13 before the freethrows he made..Indy, could be on its way down. THey have plenty of talent within the players there. They need to be led, and need to learn how to be a TEAM