Red Bank to play team from Canada!?!

Rhea Co.

Red Bank High School Will Play Host To Football Team From Canada

by Stan Crawley

posted January 11, 2007

Red Bank High School football coach Tim Daniels announced Thursday morning that the Lions will play host to a team from Canada the next two seasons.

"We will be defending our country, state, city and school against the Brantford Collegiate Institute from Brantford, Canada,'' Daniels said. "We feel this is a great opportunity for our student-athletes to share cultures and compete in a great athletic setting.''

Daniels said Red Bank has worked out an agreement with Brantford and will play host to the school during week three (3) of the 2007 and 2008 seasons. Week three falls on the second weekend of September.

"We want leaders from the City of Red Bank, Hamilton County, City of Chattanooga, State of Tennessee and our own local congressmen and senators to participate in this special event,'' Daniels said. "We hope that everyone will get involved and make this a special day for us all.''

(E-mail Stan Crawley at wscrawley@earthlink.net

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go tennessee, go united states . it was really big for riverdale to face ohio opponent worthington-kilbourne (away game) in 2005 so i can only imagine how it will be for red bank. alot of excitement around this game and i will look forward to the score next season. do you have any information on the teams program and such?

Will the game be American rules or Canadian? I ask as the two are WAY different. Even the fields are different dimensions.

If nothing else it will be a great experience for the kids.

One word of advice, start getting your passports NOW! If I remember clearly the shot requirements are the same, but a record of them is a MUST.

Good Luck Red Bank! All of Tennessee will be rooting for you!

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Jan 12 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826329411[/snapback]

Will the game be American rules or Canadian? I ask as the two are WAY different. Even the fields are different dimensions.

If nothing else it will be a great experience for the kids.

One word of advice, start getting your passports NOW! If I remember clearly the shot requirements are the same, but a record of them is a MUST.

Good Luck Red Bank! All of Tennessee will be rooting for you!

Shots for the Red Bank team may not be needed. Looks like Red Bank is hosting the next 2 seasons? Also, going to play USA/TSSAA rules if on Red Bank's field. Wouldn't it be almost impossible to configure a Canadian rules field at Red Bank?

QUOTE(BigOwl @ Jan 15 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826332679[/snapback]

I hear they backed out of a verbal agreement to play Baylor to schedule this game because they wanted 2 home games instead of traveling the 5 or 6 miles down to play at Baylor. Too bad it would have been a nice game to see for the next 2 years in Chattanooga.

What I heard was that both teams wanted and needed a home game next year and neither one would budge much. Can't really blame either school. It would have been nice to see that matchup. I think it's been a few years since the two schools tangled on the gridiron.