Marion sportsmanship

goldmom

QUOTE(chargeher @ Jan 14 2007 - 04:09 PM) 826331723[/snapback]

So I tried to find pictures..not available yet?? please update when they are. This game is a true sportmanship at is best I guess thats why we havent heard about it on the news. Seems like only the bad fights and stuff make it to the news wish these kinds of moments could get out as well.

The pictures will be in the Early Bird gallery on my site....when they're done. Trying to do some work around the house as well as editing shots and writing some stuff for the Herald. Plus the boy wants me to cook him some supper soon. I'll get them done as soon as I can and let you know.

There will be something in the Grundy Co. Herald this Thursday.

DL.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DelTavian @ Jan 14 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826331975[/snapback]

Pictures of the girls game are loaded in the Early Bird gallery on my site linked below. Shots of Sam are near the end of the album.

DL.

Great job as always. I really like the ones of Coach Woodlee and Sam.

QUOTE(goldmom @ Jan 12 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826330130[/snapback]

As a Grundy parent I would like to commend Marion on their sportsmanship tonight. The community of Marion county has a fine coach and some very fine girls. They did not have to let our very special girl play/shoot but they did and they made her truely feel like a part of the team. She is a total sweetheart and they helped to make her feel special. Be proud of your Marion team.

I was very close to the scene. I never had to say a word to any of my Lady Warrior players, their hearts could not be hidden. Although it took a couple of attempts in the JV game, the young lady from Grundy scored then as well. The touching thing about that moment was also the fact that my four varsity players were sitting on the bench with with JV players and had tears rolling and screaming and celebrating with the young lady. I am very proud of my Warrior team and I was very lucky to be around these Lady Warriors. I am proud, very proud.

QUOTE(tigerjaws @ Jan 14 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826332126[/snapback]

I was very close to the scene. I never had to say a word to any of my Lady Warrior players, their hearts could not be hidden. Although it took a couple of attempts in the JV game, the young lady from Grundy scored then as well. The touching thing about that moment was also the fact that my four varsity players were sitting on the bench with with JV players and had tears rolling and screaming and celebrating with the young lady. I am very proud of my Warrior team and I was very lucky to be around these Lady Warriors. I am proud, very proud.

You should be proud. In a time where if you don't win a title every year a coach's job is in jepardy, parents are never happy unless their kid scores the most points and players worry more about being seen with antics or droopy shorts.....these teams and coaches provided an example of how things are supposed to be. Again....all class!

DL.