Karns Rumors

Oak Ridger

You are right we do not know what is the problem. Gray's offensive holds most of the records at the high school. Nick needs to look it up.

Sometimes the athletes make the system. The system he ran wasn't anything special. It always helps when you have a Adrian Porter, Corey Booker, Spencer Gulmire, and the list goes on. Don't let the numbers fool you.

Gray exploits have been well documented. How much you believe is up to you. But like they say, where there is smoke, there's fire.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(extremefury @ Jan 30 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826351564[/snapback]

Sometimes the athletes make the system. The system he ran wasn't anything special. It always helps when you have a Adrian Porter, Corey Booker, Spencer Gulmire, and the list goes on. Don't let the numbers fool you.

Gray exploits have been well documented. How much you believe is up to you. But like they say, where there is smoke, there's fire.

So year after year Gray have great players, right? Where are the great players for this year? They are out there now it is time for them to run a great offence and get Oak Ridge back in the play-offs. That is all I want to see. My good ol' Oak Ridge back in the play-offs. Which they can do it with a lot of hard work.

Not true. The 2004 team averaged more points and gave up fewer than the 2005 team by a long shot with the same players.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(Oak Ridger @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:52 AM) 826351508[/snapback]

Many of "gray's" records were replaced by stevens and minor's records of 2005. Gray was a stat king no question.

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Jan 30 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826351825[/snapback]

Not true. The 2004 team averaged more points and gave up fewer than the 2005 team by a long shot with the same players.

Ole Dad

Oak Ridger needs to read him self for the stats. I do not know if Gray is a record person but he had the offence to do it with. That we can not take it away. This offence this year was suspect in the 20. Gray's offence punch it in most of the time on the 20 yard line. I do not know but I just want to see my Wildcats back in the Play-offs

Oak Ridger needs to read him self for the stats. I do not know if Gray is a record person but he had the offence to do it with. That we can not take it away. This offence this year was suspect in the 20. Gray's offence punch it in most of the time on the 20 yard line. I do not know but I just want to see my Wildcats back in the Play-offs

May be you need to read the stats. Gray's last year coaching at Bearden averaged 17 points failing to score more than 7 points in 3 games. Last year Bearden averaged 25 pts. failing to score more that seven in 2. So much for Gray's system or are you going to tell us it was the players now.

Besides this is supposed to be about Karns, not Gray or Oak Ridge. If he applies and gets the job, then I wish him the best. Oak Ridge did have a lot of good years with him on the staff, but just like now they all ended without a gold ball.

One point I will agree with you on is I hope the current staff can get the Cat's back on track.

QUOTE(HTV @ Jan 13 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826331125[/snapback]

Knox County policy is that the job has to be advertised for two weeks after the written resignation has been received by the personnel office before any interviews can be conducted. The Fulkerson resignation just happened in the last couple of days, according to the story in today's News-Sentinel, so there is no way a hire could have been made yet. If this hiring follows the history of recent openings for a head football coaching position at other schools in Knox County, it will likely take at least a month to get it done.

I think HTV has this pegged right from a timing standpoint. Might be a while yet, unless Wilson from Bearden gets another "special assignment." from Sir Lindsey?

And that's relevant why? I gave you a comparison of almost exactly the same players playing for different coaches and the information is correct: The new staff scored less and gave up more. Comparing what he did at Bearden with different players is irrelevant to the facts as were laid out. The 2005 team did not break the records set by teams that Gray coached. Heck, compare the 2006 team to Beardens Gray team...it probably was worse than Bearden although I haven't compared them yet. This always goes the same way, the Gray haters want to ditz him every chance they get. I could care less what he does in the future but be fair, he won games and scored points which is way better than OR did last season.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(extremefury @ Jan 30 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826351958[/snapback]

May be you need to read the stats. Gray's last year coaching at Bearden averaged 17 points failing to score more than 7 points in 3 games. Last year Bearden averaged 25 pts. failing to score more that seven in 2. So much for Gray's system or are you going to tell us it was the players now.

Besides this is supposed to be about Karns, not Gray or Oak Ridge. If he applies and gets the job, then I wish him the best. Oak Ridge did have a lot of good years with him on the staff, but just like now they all ended without a gold ball.

One point I will agree with you on is I hope the current staff can get the Cat's back on track.

Hey Shabit - or Ole Dad - its no secret why you are defending Grey these days. He is the one feeding you all your info down in Florida. He is still up to his old tricks of meddling, running people into the ground, and underminding at every chance. Several of Gry's records were broken - points in a game, career passing yardage, rushing yards per game to name a few.

You're a kook. I have never spoken to the man and he doesn't even know who I am as far as I know. But I still own property there, are there often and speak to many people who follow the program closely, very often. And by the way, as I said, I don't care what he does in the future or where he coaches, if at all, so how is that defending Ron Gray? Get a life and deal with the facts and not your stupid emotions.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(Oak Ridger @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826352376[/snapback]

Hey Shabit - or Ole Dad - its no secret why you are defending Grey these days. He is the one feeding you all your info down in Florida. He is still up to his old tricks of meddling, running people into the ground, and underminding at every chance. Several of Gry's records were broken - points in a game, career passing yardage, rushing yards per game to name a few.

Comparing what he did at Bearden with different players is irrelevant to the facts as were laid out. The 2005 team did not break the records set by teams that Gray coached. Heck, compare the 2006 team to Beardens Gray team...it probably was worse than Bearden although I haven't compared them yet. This always goes the same way, the Gray haters want to ditz him every chance they get.

Ole Dad, may be you should read all the post. My response was to SirPettus. He was saying what a great system Gray had and it had nothing to do with players. Wrong, that's why the comparison to Bearden. As far as the 2006 Bearden team, again as usual you read what you want. They averaged 25 pts. to a Gray lead team 17 pts. Funny how everyone else is a hater when all you ever do is come on here and down the current staff. Sounds like a little hating from you.