Milan vs Obion

sls

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redbird watch for NSHD and have the security check him for a brown bag. He has been known to sneak things in the gym.

For Milan to win:

1. Poston,Gray & Carter all have double figures.

2. Holds OC to (3) 3's or less

3. holds OC to 47 total or less

4. Hits free throws

5. Have less than 15 turnovers/ force more than 15

6. Play @ a comfortable tempo

For OC to win

1. Hit the outside shot above 50%

2. Hold Milan to less than 50

3. Shutdown 1 of the 3 Carter, Poston or Gray

4. turnovers see above

5. get the crowd involved

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 17 2007 - 04:20 PM) 826335330[/snapback]

I agree FP, Milan has just been putting forth enough effort to win. That kind of play will haunt you in the end, as someone will hit a last second shot and it is over.

Westview had a chance and missed a free throw. Dyersburg had a turnover.

The difference in OC is when you allow them to have a hot streak, they have enough fire power and killer instinct to go on and put things out of reach. LEX, Dyersburg & Westview do not have that kind of fire power.

Can Milan beat OC, sure. Will they have to play better than what they have been , sure will.

As I have said before OC's team has a basketball player leading them. She does what ever it takes to win. Milan has no true basketball leader. They have a player, who is the best athlete in this part of the country. Although capable, she has not developed the hard nosed, play to win attitude the whole game. She can score, rebound and usually does that every night, but needs to learn how to win, by doing addional things beside scoring.

Great post. I agree totally with your assessment of Milan and the Poston/Roney comparison. I call it basketball "savvy". The awareness of game situations and knowing what to do and not do at differently stages of the game. Milan/Poston lack this "savvy" at this point. They have so much potential physically that it seems to fog their awareness of the importance of the small details that seperate good teams from great teams. On a somewhat different note, am I wrong in wondering why Poston settles for so many 8-12 jump shots. I know she makes a good % of them but she never/almost never takes the ball strong to the rim. No drop steps, no head fake and just blow by the defender. The vast majority of her free throws come after she gets a rebound and goes back up. I may be wrong but I think she can take anybody off the dribble which could produce many, many more foul shots as well as put tremendous pressure on the opponent in terms of fouls. So often come tourney time the difference is which team can keep their stars in the game and not on the bench in foul trouble. She should have a minimum of 12-14 free throw attempts every game. I could be wrong. What is your opinion?

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(Tightwad @ Jan 18 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826336594[/snapback]

Great post. I agree totally with your assessment of Milan and the Poston/Roney comparison. I call it basketball "savvy". The awareness of game situations and knowing what to do and not do at differently stages of the game. Milan/Poston lack this "savvy" at this point. They have so much potential physically that it seems to fog their awareness of the importance of the small details that seperate good teams from great teams. On a somewhat different note, am I wrong in wondering why Poston settles for so many 8-12 jump shots. I know she makes a good % of them but she never/almost never takes the ball strong to the rim. No drop steps, no head fake and just blow by the defender. The vast majority of her free throws come after she gets a rebound and goes back up. I may be wrong but I think she can take anybody off the dribble which could produce many, many more foul shots as well as put tremendous pressure on the opponent in terms of fouls. So often come tourney time the difference is which team can keep their stars in the game and not on the bench in foul trouble. She should have a minimum of 12-14 free throw attempts every game. I could be wrong. What is your opinion?

Good point. When I saw her last year, it was all with her back to the goal and posting up, which was effective until the end of the year when everyone starting sagging their defenses to deny her the ball. This year she has added a great jump shot to her arsenal, and with Milan having other post players, it has really broadened her game. I know part of this also is preparation for college and to please all the scouts. Anyway, while it is a good thing for Milan, she does seem to have forgotten how good she can be taking it to the hole. When I saw the Dyersburg game Tuesday night, I was surprised that she did not blow by Holloway and take it to the hole more often. I expect OC to be very physical on Poston and make her take shots out of her comfort zone.

Guest NoPainNoGain

Redbird watch for NSHD and have the security check him for a brown bag. He has been known to sneak things in the gym.

For Milan to win:

1. Poston,Gray & Carter all have double figures.

2. Holds OC to (3) 3's or less

3. holds OC to 47 total or less

4. Hits free throws

5. Have less than 15 turnovers/ force more than 15

6. Play @ a comfortable tempo

For OC to win

1. Hit the outside shot above 50%

2. Hold Milan to less than 50

3. Shutdown 1 of the 3 Carter, Poston or Gray

4. turnovers see above

5. get the crowd involved

SLS, What will OC do to slow down Poston ?