Milan vs Obion

sls

The winner of Friday nites game will probably win 13AA regular season and get that valuable bye in the district and an automatic region birth.

Should OC win , that would give OC the tie breaker with 2 wins over Milan, should a tie happen. OC still has Westview and Dyersburg.

Should Milan win, Milan still has Westview @ Milan.

Playing at home, advantage OC, especially with OC starting the game @ 6pm, not allowing Milan fans to get there by the start of the game, for the most part. Part of the home court advantage, I guess.

OC must have played well to get GC by 25 plus. Milan is playing like they are pulling a plow. Too many mental and silly mistakes. Focused one minute, gone the next.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has the makings of a classic When these two teams met a little over a month ago. OC down 6-5 early went on a 14-0 run and led 19-6 before Milan closed the gap at halftime with the Lady rebels leading 26-19. Behind the play of Posten, Milan actually took the lead in the 3rd quarter before 3's from Fuzzell, G.Reedy and Eaves gave OC a 39-35 lead after three as they won 55-46.

Posten had 19 in that game and Carter added 12 for Milan.

Williams led OC with 11 points and Roney added 10 points and 13 assists.

Milan hasn't lost a game since then and will be hungry coming to Obion Central.

The Lady Rebels will need another solid performance-cause turnovers- and if the outside shooting is there(made 10 3's vs. Gibson Co. ) could pick up a huge district

victory

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 16 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826334557[/snapback]

The winner of Friday nites game will probably win 13AA regular season and get that valuable bye in the district and an automatic region birth.

Should OC win , that would give OC the tie breaker with 2 wins over Milan, should a tie happen. OC still has Westview and Dyersburg.

Should Milan win, Milan still has Westview @ Milan.

Playing at home, advantage OC, especially with OC starting the game @ 6pm, not allowing Milan fans to get there by the start of the game, for the most part. Part of the home court advantage, I guess.

OC must have played well to get GC by 25 plus. Milan is playing like they are pulling a plow. Too many mental and silly mistakes. Focused one minute, gone the next.

Ease up already.... ........saw you last night with that big bag of popcorn, you must have had some nervous energy or something.......

Milan continues to win ugly. Obion Central seems to play very consistently. In my opinion, Milan at their best is better than Obion at their best but Milan rarely plays a complete game while Obion Central appears to often play at a high level. Lately, when the game is on the line i.e. Westview, Lexington, and Dyersburg, Milan does enough. I predict they do enough Friday night.

Milan by 5.

I agree FP, Milan has just been putting forth enough effort to win. That kind of play will haunt you in the end, as someone will hit a last second shot and it is over.

Westview had a chance and missed a free throw. Dyersburg had a turnover.

The difference in OC is when you allow them to have a hot streak, they have enough fire power and killer instinct to go on and put things out of reach. LEX, Dyersburg & Westview do not have that kind of fire power.

Can Milan beat OC, sure. Will they have to play better than what they have been , sure will.

As I have said before OC's team has a basketball player leading them. She does what ever it takes to win. Milan has no true basketball leader. They have a player, who is the best athlete in this part of the country. Although capable, she has not developed the hard nosed, play to win attitude the whole game. She can score, rebound and usually does that every night, but needs to learn how to win, by doing addional things beside scoring.

I agree with you sls. I dont know what or when they teach those Obion girls but they are the most physical players around. Roney is the most physical of the most physical and she will do whatever she has to to carry her team to a win. Chantel has more talent but Roney is a better leader on the floor right now. Until Chantel takes charge every night that she steps on the floor then Milan will never be the team they are capable of being.

Milan should be the team to beat this year.