Milan vs Obion

sls

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A game of runs. OC has a big run the 1st half, goes up by 10. Milan has a big run just before the 1/2 cuts it to 5 and then started the 3rd with another run. Milan was up by 7 when Roney was injured and continued to go up by 12. Then OC starts bombing away, Milan missed some free throws and it got tight at the end.

It did not look good for Roney. I hate to see any high school player deprived of the privledge of playing. I hope she recovers quickly. I heard rumors of everthing from a broken leg to a severe ankle spain with a slight knee sprain. If anyone knows for sure , let us know.

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826338446[/snapback]

A game of runs. OC has a big run the 1st half, goes up by 10. Milan has a big run just before the 1/2 cuts it to 5 and then started the 3rd with another run. Milan was up by 7 when Roney was injured and continued to go up by 12. Then OC starts bombing away, Milan missed some free throws and it got tight at the end.

It did not look good for Roney. I hate to see any high school player deprived of the privledge of playing. I hope she recovers quickly. I heard rumors of everthing from a broken leg to a severe ankle spain with a slight knee sprain. If anyone knows for sure , let us know.

From what I've heard at the hospital, it was diagnosed as a contusion.

Initial reports show no break which is good news. Not for sure about the extent of the injury but preliminary reports show that it's not a break.

Continue to keep Jana and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

She's an outstanding person both on and off the court and one of the toughest players you'll ever come across

Either way- the Lady Rebels need to continue to work hard- make the proper adjustments- and keep attacking the basket- best of luck the rest of the way

I talked to her tonight and she said there was no break, but she still couldn't put any pressure on it....Milan played a great game, and Fussell made it interesting late.....But if we score more than 3 in the 3rd quarter we win the game easily....Milan just played some great D....Congrats to them, but we will get you back in the tourney

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Jan 20 2007 - 12:11 AM) 826338734[/snapback]

I talked to her tonight and she said there was no break, but she still couldn't put any pressure on it....Milan played a great game, and Fussell made it interesting late.....But if we score more than 3 in the 3rd quarter we win the game easily....Milan just played some great D....Congrats to them, but we will get you back in the tourney

What happens if OC beats Westview and Milan loses to Westview? Then all three teams have two losses, one to each of the other two teams. Overall record?

OC played their game in the first half, and at one point appeared to be on the brink of breaking this one open, but in the 3rd did not attack on offense, and fell too far behind to get back. Fuzzell tried to key a comeback bid, which just fell short. As for Jana, info we got last night as we were packing up were good. Nothing appeared to be broken. Our prayers got out to her, that she will be ok. Anyone who has been around her knows Jana is a great young lady, as well as being a great player, just a class act. We should know more tonight, as OC will be back in action as Union City will visit "Central Station for the first time.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milan was on the brink in the 1st 1/2. They were lucky not to be down 15. OC missed a lot of open looks from 3 land. Milan called a t/o down 10. Had OC come out and hit a couple more shots, it appeared Milan was going to get blown out of the gym. For Milan senior Teena Carter stepped up with some steals, rebounds 7 points when they needed someone to keep them in the game. In the 3rd Milan began to switch defenses, which looked to confuse OC an Milan took advantage going up by 7. gray took over the game for Milan. Up by 7 and Roney out, it appeared OC was in shock. Milan went on to take a 12 point lead. With 5 min to go, OC started bombing 3's from everwhere. Milan missed some free throws to help make it close.

Will have to say Poston showed some leadership in that she did not score that much but rebounded, handled the ball breaking OC's press and did other things in general to get a win. She needs to find a way to get more and better shots.