The Heat Is On!

compusatman

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are crucifying coach Smith and he hasn't even coached his first game at The Hill yet. Why not save your judgments until at the very least he has coached a few games.

There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence.

Lets sit back and see what happens.

I have a son that is going to be a senior this coming up season at the Hill and I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens. I wouldn't even think about sending him to Boone, Crockett, Betsy or anywhere else for that matter.

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jan 18 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826336878[/snapback]

You all are crucifying coach Smith and he hasn't even coached his first game at The Hill yet. Why not save your judgments until at the very least he has coached a few games.

I have a son that is going to be a senior this coming up season at the Hill and I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens. I wouldn't even think about sending him to Boone, Crockett, Betsy or anywhere else for that matter.

I Agree powrplus. Like I said DB were coming for you!!!! "That's why they play the game." This program will be the buzz with the type of offense Coach Smith is bringing. I bet Coach Clark is worried about Smith coming. What if in 1 year he is able to do what DB couldn't do in many. Things that make you say hummmmm.

QUOTE(datoppers @ Jan 18 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826336922[/snapback]

I Agree powrplus. Like I said DB were coming for you!!!! "That's why they play the game." This program will be the buzz with the type of offense Coach Smith is bringing. I bet Coach Clark is worried about Smith coming. What if in 1 year he is able to do what DB couldn't do in many. Things that make you say hummmmm.

You have already lost the battle if thats the way your going to think. Even your new coach has fallen into the trap. The only team he has mentioned by name is Dobyns Bennett. Now who is worried about who?

What about Sullivan South? Im pretty sure that will be your first opponent next year. What about the other 8 teams you will play? There seams to be a lot of hoopla over this guy winning a gold ball. If you read all his post, it is one of his favorite things to mention. (tooting his own horn) So what about Jefferson Co.? What about Sevier Co.? What about Morristown West? All those coaches have won "Gold Balls", and their on your schedule. Also looks like Knox Bearden has turned their program around and they have a very good coach there now. Even if you make the playoffs you will have to make it past the Region 2 teams. Region 2 just happen's to be the toughest Region in the state, top to bottom.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 18 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826336959[/snapback]

You have already lost the battle if thats the way your going to think. Even your new coach has fallen into the trap. The only team he has mentioned by name is Dobyns Bennett. Now who is worried about who?

What about Sullivan South? Im pretty sure that will be your first opponent next year. What about the other 8 teams you will play? There seams to be a lot of hoopla over this guy winning a gold ball. If you read all his post, it is one of his favorite things to mention. (tooting his own horn) So what about Jefferson Co.? What about Sevier Co.? What about Morristown West? All those coaches have won "Gold Balls", and their on your schedule. Also looks like Knox Bearden has turned their program around and they have a very good coach there now. Even if you make the playoffs you will have to make it past the Region 2 teams. Region 2 just happen's to be the toughest Region in the state, top to bottom.

Without a doubt South, West, Sevier, heck...most everyone is tough on this schedule! The order is tall, but we are up for the challenge. And beating D-B is way, way overdue! Even coach Smith says they (D-B) will probably get more of his attention then they probably should.

But, I think it is going to be fun to watch, don't you?

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jan 18 2007 - 09:51 PM) 826336990[/snapback]

Without a doubt South, West, Sevier, heck...most everyone is tough on this schedule! The order is tall, but we are up for the challenge. And beating D-B is way, way overdue! Even coach Smith says they (D-B) will probably get more of his attention then they probably should.

Yes it will be fun to watch. But it has always been fun.

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jan 18 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826336878[/snapback]

I don't know if that line is so thin with this guy. I took this from one of his post made on Aug. 22 2005 at 11:21am. See if you can detect a little arrogance (Big Me) In the post Smith is talking in the third person as he does alot (weird)

After someone made comments to the effect that the only reason Smith won a "Gold Ball" at Ezell-Harding was because of all the tallent he had there.....

In a sorry attempt to make himself look good he goes on to belittle his former players. Saying one player plays for the worst team in the SEC (Vanderbilt), one player signed with MTSU and played one year, and no one else received a scholarship....sorry, one was offered a full ride as "cheerleader" at UT. Booth all state quarterbacks play flag football on Saturdays Smith goes on to say.

Sounds like while your making this guy look good your a great kid. When he's done with you your scum.

Good luck to you Science Hill.

QUOTE(McNine4MVP @ Jan 18 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826336684[/snapback]

I don't agree with some of the stuff SS says, but you folks up in East Tennessee better be careful whose tree you're barking up. This is a guy that has won a Gold Ball....true it was in 1A, but you have to be doing something right to get one of those. Also, what he did in three years at Independence, building up a new program in three years in possibly the best 5A region in the state (The region has been represented in 4 of the last 6 5A state championship games) is very impressive. Even his detractors will admit that. I have a feeling that if there is any talent at all up in Johnson City, he'll be a threat up there very soon.

What did he do in his three years at Indy? Wasn't his best record 7-4 and his overall three year record sub .500? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I read that somewhere. I heard he beat Franklin once but that was it.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Jan 18 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826337105[/snapback]

What did he do in his three years at Indy? Wasn't his best record 7-4 and his overall three year record sub .500? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I read that somewhere. I heard he beat Franklin once but that was it.

I got that answer Volman,

While coaching in 5A.....Only "1" win over a team with a winning record.

2006 oppenents record 19 wins and 53 loses (teams he beat)

Overall record in 5A 8 wins and 13 loses

A lot of bragging about this record at Independence ???????

I don't get it

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jan 18 2007 - 09:51 PM) 826336990[/snapback]

I'm glad D-B decided to stop beating up on 4A schools and play some real compitetion. By the way we are not worried about the 4A schools South, Mo west, Elizabethton, and other 4A schools. That was D-B's downfall, they get up for South and just get by the 5A schools. That's why they play the game.

Waco you can't just build a football team from nothing, which was what he did at Idepe. Look Don't hate Because the Hilltoppers are coming for ya. It should be good for NET football It's Jan and i can't wait till Aug

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:16 AM) 826337140[/snapback]

I got that answer Volman,

While coaching in 5A.....Only "1" win over a team with a winning record.

2006 oppenents record 19 wins and 53 loses (teams he beat)

Overall record in 5A 8 wins and 13 loses

A lot of bragging about this record at Independence ???????

I don't get it

Obviously you don't know a darn thing about building a program, and you sure must not have come down and seen the best Tennessee 5A football teams. Excluding Ooltewah, do you realize that the 5-7 best 5A teams in Tennessee are within 25 miles of Independence's campus.....I have a feeling that Scott was probably more scared of Riverdale, Smyrna, Ravenwood, Franklin, Brentwood, etc than he will anybody up in NET, including San Diego......I mean D-B (notice all of these except Franklin have gold balls this decade...and they have a finals appearance).......and he had to start from scratch. Did you know that Independence, from what I understand, had the option to start in 4A, but Smith and his AD decided to take their lumps with the big boys in Region 6, which is Tennessee 5A football's equivalent of the SEC East. True, he didn't stay long enough to reach the pinnacle at Indy, but he had that ship going in the right direction. All of this, while having the middle season marred by the loss of a player in a car wreck. The guy is a good coach, like his style or not. I'll go ahead and say he won't finish worse than third in that Region in 2007 if he has any material at all to work with.