The Heat Is On!

compusatman

QUOTE(datoppers @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:08 AM) 826337237[/snapback]

I'm glad D-B decided to stop beating up on 4A schools and play some real compitetion. By the way we are not worried about the 4A schools South, Mo west, Elizabethton, and other 4A schools. That was D-B's downfall, they get up for South and just get by the 5A schools. That's why they play the game.

Waco you can't just build a football team from nothing, which was what he did at Idepe. Look Don't hate Because the Hilltoppers are coming for ya. It should be good for NET football It's Jan and i can't wait till Aug

OK Dee A, tell us what you got. Who's your 3 WR's and your 2 mutipurpose RB/WR's? And, who is your #1 and #2 QB. Break it down for us.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(datoppers @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:08 AM) 826337237[/snapback]

I'm glad D-B decided to stop beating up on 4A schools and play some real compitetion. By the way we are not worried about the 4A schools South, Mo west, Elizabethton, and other 4A schools. That was D-B's downfall, they get up for South and just get by the 5A schools. That's why they play the game.

Waco you can't just build a football team from nothing, which was what he did at Idepe. Look Don't hate Because the Hilltoppers are coming for ya. It should be good for NET football It's Jan and i can't wait till Aug

Im thinking your not even a topper fan. If you were you would know that the Toppers over the years have played more 4 and 3A teams than DB. The big difference is DB wins those games and Science Hill loses them. Tennessee High ring a bell? So DB gets up for South and "just gets by" the 5A schools? In case you haven't noticed, DB has won Region 1, 5A so many times people have lost count. There is one sore spot for DB. They don't do well in the playoffs. I'll give you that. The bad news for SH and Gilligan is that DB is in their Region and you guys have to meet them in regular season.

So your not worried about South and Mo West?????

I am already tired of people trying to advance the theroy that this guy built a football team from nothing. You actually think he went out in the community down there and picked up a bunch of skinny boys that had never played football in their life? These players were just like any others in the state. They played little league, and middle school ball. Gilligan had as much practice time with his players as any other high school coach did. And it is easier to build a program than it is to rebuild a program. The only thing that was different about Gilligans job was he had to deal with things such as uniforms and schedualing etc. But then didn't he have help with that.....AD, Asst. Coaches, Managers etc.?

Im not haten the Hilltopers. Im just telling you your barking up the wrong tree. I guarantee you I would not be on here saying these things if you had hired a Gary Rankin type coach. This guy is not what you are trying to make him out to be.

QUOTE(McNine4MVP @ Jan 19 2007 - 01:00 AM) 826337265[/snapback]

Obviously you don't know a darn thing about building a program, and you sure must not have come down and seen the best Tennessee 5A football teams. Excluding Ooltewah, do you realize that the 5-7 best 5A teams in Tennessee are within 25 miles of Independence's campus.....I have a feeling that Scott was probably more scared of Riverdale, Smyrna, Ravenwood, Franklin, Brentwood, etc than he will anybody up in NET, including San Diego......I mean D-B (notice all of these except Franklin have gold balls this decade...and they have a finals appearance).......and he had to start from scratch. Did you know that Independence, from what I understand, had the option to start in 4A, but Smith and his AD decided to take their lumps with the big boys in Region 6, which is Tennessee 5A football's equivalent of the SEC East. True, he didn't stay long enough to reach the pinnacle at Indy, but he had that ship going in the right direction. All of this, while having the middle season marred by the loss of a player in a car wreck. The guy is a good coach, like his style or not. I'll go ahead and say he won't finish worse than third in that Region in 2007 if he has any material at all to work with.

I could show you to be wrong in about everything you just said, but in tne interest of time I'll just say this...... 1 win over a team with a winning record in his history of coaching in 5A.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 19 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826337377[/snapback]

Im thinking your not even a topper fan. If you were you would know that the Toppers over the years have played more 4 and 3A teams than DB. The big difference is DB wins those games and Science Hill loses them. Tennessee High ring a bell? So DB gets up for South and "just gets by" the 5A schools? In case you haven't noticed, DB has won Region 1, 5A so many times people have lost count. There is one sore spot for DB. They don't do well in the playoffs. I'll give you that. The bad news for SH and Gilligan is that DB is in their Region and you guys have to meet them in regular season.

So your not worried about South and Mo West?????

I am already tired of people trying to advance the theroy that this guy built a football team from nothing. You actually think he went out in the community down there and picked up a bunch of skinny boys that had never played football in their life? These players were just like any others in the state. They played little league, and middle school ball. Gilligan had as much practice time with his players as any other high school coach did. And it is easier to build a program than it is to rebuild a program. The only thing that was different about Gilligans job was he had to deal with things such as uniforms and schedualing etc. But then didn't he have help with that.....AD, Asst. Coaches, Managers etc.?

Im not haten the Hilltopers. Im just telling you your barking up the wrong tree. I guarantee you I would not be on here saying these things if you had hired a Gary Rankin type coach. This guy is not what you are trying to make him out to be.

See that's what i'm talking about waco DB is just happy to win region 1. Clark is going to have to come up with so motivational alternative to get his talent up for the playoffs. Maybe Smiths coming will get the best out of DB.

QUOTE(datoppers @ Jan 19 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826337393[/snapback]

See that's what i'm talking about waco DB is just happy to win region 1. Clark is going to have to come up with so motivational alternative to get his talent up for the playoffs. Maybe Smiths coming will get the best out of DB.

I know what your trying to say here. But DB is not "just happy to win region 1". If you look back over the years past, Science Hill always gives DB a game in Johnson City. But in Kingsport the game is usually a blow out. So at least every other year there is a tough game between the two. Tough games in regular season is what usually prepares you for the playoffs. One or two tough games a year just won't cut it. Four or five would be more to my liking. Win or lose those games, if you get into the playoffs your team will be harder to beat if you have already been in some battles. I hope Science Hill will become better competition for everybody and not just DB. Clark has not had many problems winning in Regular Season. He has proved he can beat the best in the state during Regular Season time and time again. I just can't explain why he gets all goofy in the playoffs.

Bottom line is I just don't see how this new coach is all that.

QUOTE(topvol98 @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826337587[/snapback]

Let's see what happens, the old coach has already proven he wasn't even near "that".

Not sure how the JCers felt about Bowles. Not sure what they feel about SS. I'm anxious to see what materializes. I think the players will respond positively. But, it is appauling what is being said on the Indy threads. It is boderline rampant. The number of different posters is awakening. Not just a few naysayers but a Great Crowd of stone casters. It is evident that you either love this guy or you hate him. No middle ground. And I don't think it's for his abrasiveness...nor his bedside manner...not even his condecinding view of outsiders (as evidenced by his posts on the Indy threads). But instead for his unorthodox, unconventional, blatantly disrespectful way of making an entry (or exit as it was). Most of us (I assume) prefer silent strength, quiet superiority, respectful victory all fueled by fire honed character. This is what we want our sons to be taught and what we try and teach them. So far it is evident that SS's approach is somewhat barbaric. To achieve victory by the sword, with the four winds at your back, to hear the lamentation of the women, and please the Gods. There are many avenues to a successful program but all must travel through the same proving grounds. A place where the only weapon available is the character of a man. And then declared a leader of men...or a purveyor of discontempt. SS...your time is at hand. I hope you are who JC thinks you are.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826337381[/snapback]

I could show you to be wrong in about everything you just said, but in tne interest of time I'll just say this...... 1 win over a team with a winning record in his history of coaching in 5A.

WaCo,

You make it sound more than what it really is. Actually there have only been 2 varsity years, the 1st was Fr and JV schedules only. The 2nd year (1st in varsity), there were no seniors. Last year was the 1st with senior. You make it sound like he coached in 5A forever. They went from 1-9 in 05 to 7-3 (not counting bowl game) in 06 against the same schedule. It is what it is, don't make it sound like it is more than that.

QUOTE(tnsparty @ Jan 19 2007 - 01:44 PM) 826337766[/snapback]

WaCo,

You make it sound more than what it really is. Actually there have only been 2 varsity years, the 1st was Fr and JV schedules only. The 2nd year (1st in varsity), there were no seniors. Last year was the 1st with senior. You make it sound like he coached in 5A forever. They went from 1-9 in 05 to 6-4 (not counting bowl game) in 06 against the same schedule. It is what it is, don't make it sound like it is more than that.

I think I told it exactly the way it is. When stating his record in 5A, I only counted the past 2 years. If you look at the record I posted you can tell it is for 2 years only. Sure, going from 1-9 to 6-4 is a improvement, but not unuasuel. And he still only has "1" victory over a team with a winning record as a 5A coach. You can word it different ways but it still comes out the same. As for as his record as a 5A coach, there is nothing to brag about. Sorry if that offends someone, but it's the truth.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 19 2007 - 01:55 PM) 826337869[/snapback]

I think I told it exactly the way it is. When stating his record in 5A, I only counted the past 2 years. If you look at the record I posted you can tell it is for 2 years only. Sure, going from 1-9 to 6-4 is a improvement, but not unuasuel. And he still only has "1" victory over a team with a winning record as a 5A coach. You can word it different ways but it still comes out the same. As for as his record as a 5A coach, there is nothing to brag about. Sorry if that offends someone, but it's the truth.

No ofense taken, it just seems you are making more out of it than what it is. Make it sound however you want if it help make your point I guess. You and Bulldog need to get together.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 19 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826337869[/snapback]

Waco, since when did you become apologetic for offending people?

I, like everyone else, was suprised to hear of the new head coach at Science Hill. I knew they wouldn't be able to get someone like Quarles or Rankin, but the new coach and a slightly tougher schedule should take them further regardless.

QUOTE(THSVikings2004 @ Jan 19 2007 - 03:32 PM) 826337911[/snapback]

Waco, since when did you become apologetic for offending people?

I, like everyone else, was suprised to hear of the new head coach at Science Hill. I knew they wouldn't be able to get someone like Quarles or Rankin, but the new coach and a slightly tougher schedule should take them further regardless.

Yeah....I don't know what happened to me there