The Heat Is On!

compusatman

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 17 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826334735[/snapback]

If I were a Topper Dad that ride would be to Daniel Boone or Elizabethton every school day!

Wait a minute Waco. Elizabethton is in worse condition than Science Hill. Smith might be to cocky for some but, winning cures a lot of hard feelings. If he is cocky and loses, It will be a long season. That's DB's problem. Not having that killer instinc in the playoffs.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(datoppers @ Jan 18 2007 - 04:40 AM) 826335937[/snapback]

Wait a minute Waco. Elizabethton is in worse condition than Science Hill. Smith might be to cocky for some but, winning cures a lot of hard feelings. If he is cocky and loses, It will be a long season. That's DB's problem. Not having that killer instinc in the playoffs.

Good post Dee A...I just hope the new recipe is Killer. You see Dee A, from our (the rest of the Tri Cities) view point, the turn-around of SHHS was/is tantamount in the turn-around of NET. It's not just about you and your new shaker...it's about a brand new mentality...for us all. It's about NET. After all, you are the 10th largest school in the state. This is why we are so vocal on the subject...for those who think we have no place up in your business. Can South go all the way? How about THS? DB? You? We're all missing just a wee bit of that special ingredient. Killer instinct? So let's breathe some fire and crank it up a notch and if SS is the real deal then we will know. Deal?

QUOTE(compusatman @ Jan 18 2007 - 07:16 AM) 826335950[/snapback]

Good post Dee A...I just hope the new recipe is Killer. You see Dee A, from our (the rest of the Tri Cities) view point, the turn-around of SHHS was/is tantamount in the turn-around of NET. It's not just about you and your new shaker...it's about a brand new mentality...for us all. It's about NET. After all, you are the 10th largest school in the state. This is why we are so vocal on the subject...for those who think we have no place up in your business. Can South go all the way? How about THS? DB? You? We're all missing just a wee bit of that special ingredient. Killer instinct? So let's breathe some fire and crank it up a notch and if SS is the real deal then we will know. Deal?

Are you saying that the rest of the area can't go anywhere without Johnson City's lead?

QUOTE(topvol98 @ Jan 18 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826336244[/snapback]

Are you saying that the rest of the area can't go anywhere without Johnson City's lead?

It seams like DB has dominated Northeast Tn football forever. It would be better for all if there was more, and better competition in the area. There needs to be better teams, and not just DB & SH. If SH ever becomes competitive with DB at least that would be a step in the right direction. South and Tennessee High are going in the right direction. Elizebethton is not. One team will not lead another anywhere. All the area teams will have to improve.

QUOTE(topvol98 @ Jan 18 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826336244[/snapback]

Sort of, yes. This has already been discussed in the DB playoff thread. So why revisit it? It is our Death Knell. Our undoing. Our denial. Sullivan South had the team to go all the way this season. DB had the team to go all the way this season. THS had an awesome group also. We need to get over the perverbial hump. How can this be accomplished? By letting SHHS infuriate us to the point of madness because they got a brand new program? That was the plan. If Rankin would have come here the Oh MY God factor would have been tremendous. JC would have forced everyone else to play up. Which is exactly what we all need. We have wonderful coaches. The have made their mistakes which is human. It's the players who need to upgrade their drive. War brings out abilities unknown. These boys need to learn how to extract all they have plus some more. My HS coach said, " Men, this is the game of life...learn it well, play with all you have for someday it won't be a game". Yes, it is supposed to be fun. But what is more fun...to watch 15th game...or play in it? The only thing you need to think is what each of these players will think along about their 45th birthday..."We could have done it we just didn't try...we didn't take it seriously". And then they will pass that along to their son...only to hope he will be stronger! I say, "The buck stops here"! I don't think Scott Smith had a clue what he was getting into. Maybe I'm wrong...time will tell. So yes SHHS, lead the way...or get out of the way. Rebel Nation.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Jan 18 2007 - 01:00 PM) 826336425[/snapback]

Sort of, yes. This has already been discussed in the DB playoff thread. So why revisit it? It is our Death Knell. Our undoing. Our denial. Sullivan South had the team to go all the way this season. DB had the team to go all the way this season. THS had an awesome group also. We need to get over the perverbial hump. How can this be accomplished? By letting SHHS infuriate us to the point of madness because they got a brand new program? That was the plan. If Rankin would have come here the Oh MY God factor would have been tremendous. JC would have forced everyone else to play up. Which is exactly what we all need. We have wonderful coaches. The have made their mistakes which is human. It's the players who need to upgrade their drive. War brings out abilities unknown. These boys need to learn how to extract all they have plus some more. My HS coach said, " Men, this is the game of life...learn it well, play with all you have for someday it won't be a game". Yes, it is supposed to be fun. But what is more fun...to watch 15th game...or play in it? The only thing you need to think is what each of these players will think along about their 45th birthday..."We could have done it we just didn't try...we didn't take it seriously". And then they will pass that along to their son...only to hope he will be stronger! I say, "The buck stops here"! I don't think Scott Smith had a clue what he was getting into. Maybe I'm wrong...time will tell. So yes SHHS, lead the way...or get out of the way. Rebel Nation.

Someone understands! Excellent post!

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 18 2007 - 12:41 PM) 826336396[/snapback]

It seams like DB has dominated Northeast Tn football forever. It would be better for all if there was more, and better competition in the area. There needs to be better teams, and not just DB & SH. If SH ever becomes competitive with DB at least that would be a step in the right direction. South and Tennessee High are going in the right direction. Elizebethton is not. One team will not lead another anywhere. All the area teams will have to improve.

I believe this is true Waco. If he brings a high competiveness to the table, all the other schools will follow. The talent is in NET but, this is a coach love him or hate him that will bring the drive out in everyone. For him to say that he would go up and down the halls of Science Hill recruiting players tells me he is serious about winning. Take San Deigo, had the best team in the NFL but when it counts they didn't have the killer instinc to put Tom Brady away. If Indy lets Tom hang around he will do the same to them. Elizabethton last year had more talent than any mountain lakes school but they were not well coached.

QUOTE(trojanpried @ Jan 18 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826336403[/snapback]

ok, i was just reading the science hill post that got locked and i must say that this is the greatest thing of all time. i mean come on, there is no way that greenlantern, qb1 and whoever is really him. it has got to be a joke. this is awesome. but if its not, then wow, just wow.

It is. Read through his old posts under Green Lantern.

I don't agree with some of the stuff SS says, but you folks up in East Tennessee better be careful whose tree you're barking up. This is a guy that has won a Gold Ball....true it was in 1A, but you have to be doing something right to get one of those. Also, what he did in three years at Independence, building up a new program in three years in possibly the best 5A region in the state (The region has been represented in 4 of the last 6 5A state championship games) is very impressive. Even his detractors will admit that. I have a feeling that if there is any talent at all up in Johnson City, he'll be a threat up there very soon.