The Heat Is On!

compusatman

Congratulations to Monica and myself for not getting that one shut down. I don't think it was any of Waco's doing either. So, the jam just got pumped up! Waco, your injuns got something to prove now. Rebels...I said it before and now for sure...hot August night. Where's them Bristol Boys? Cap1...this is just your kind of battle. Better get some. Need to get them Vikings ready! Mister SS just called us out. Hey, and I like it. It's just what I wanted. This is going to be real football. You got to hand it to the man...he knows how to start stink! So...it's on. Hey...talk about gate...better get season tickets. Them South Side boys won't be back door men at DB this year...they gonna be going up to JC. Toppers, I hope you got a QB.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy has Science Hill steped in it or what! I can't believe they took their time with the hire and ended up with this. On a serious note, this guy will not do anything to improve football in Northeast Tn. What he will do (already has) is make Science Hill the laughing stock of East Tn. Someone said earlier he wouldn't fair to well in this "good ole' boy" part of the state and they were right. Coaches in this area have respect for each other. The Ref's in this area will not put up with him turning the sideline into a circus just to draw attention to himself. And the Media up here will have him for lunch. Its one thing for fans like us to get on here and scratch and claw each other but this is no place for a coach to be. Especially letting it be known who they are. We all do it because its fun for us to get under each other skin and we can remain unknown. After reading this guys post from the past, Im certin he has some serious problems.

now back to my old self......

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 17 2007 - 08:55 AM) 826334711[/snapback]

Boy has Science Hill steped in it or what! I can't believe they took their time with the hire and ended up with this. On a serious note, this guy will not do anything to improve football in Northeast Tn. What he will do (already has) is make Science Hill the laughing stock of East Tn. Someone said earlier he wouldn't fair to well in this "good ole' boy" part of the state and they were right. Coaches in this area have respect for each other. The Ref's in this area will not put up with him turning the sideline into a circus just to draw attention to himself. And the Media up here will have him for lunch. Its one thing for fans like us to get on here and scratch and claw each other but this is no place for a coach to be. Especially letting it be known who they are. We all do it because its fun for us to get under each other skin and we can remain unknown. After reading this guys post from the past, Im certin he has some serious problems.

now back to my old self......

So you read the Independence stuff? Can you believe it? One things for sure...If I were a Topper Dad I would know I was in for a ride! To where I don't know but a ride nontheless. I sure would have liked to have heard that interview. Don't expect to hear much from the JC people...they are shell shocked! We'll be exhausted by the time August gets here. Roll Kingsport.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Jan 17 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826334725[/snapback]

So you read the Independence stuff? Can you believe it? One things for sure...If I were a Topper Dad I would know I was in for a ride! To where I don't know but a ride nontheless. I sure would have liked to have heard that interview. Don't expect to hear much from the JC people...they are shell shocked! We'll be exhausted by the time August gets here. Roll Kingsport.

If I were a Topper Dad that ride would be to Daniel Boone or Elizabethton every school day!

All along I thought Turner was going to make a quality hire. He seemed very sensible in his thought process. All the coaches that didn't get hired have to be on suicide watch after he chose SS over them! I'm sure other coaches read some of our crap on here and maybe even post under different names from time to time, but for SS to come on here and post some of the stuff that he has posted is insane. If I'm AD at SH like Turner, I don't see how I could hire someone like this. Oh well, live and learn. This will backfire on SH. They'll be going through this same process within five years.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Jan 17 2007 - 06:58 PM) 826335409[/snapback]

All along I thought Turner was going to make a quality hire. He seemed very sensible in his thought process. All the coaches that didn't get hired have to be on suicide watch after he chose SS over them! I'm sure other coaches read some of our crap on here and maybe even post under different names from time to time, but for SS to come on here and post some of the stuff that he has posted is insane. If I'm AD at SH like Turner, I don't see how I could hire someone like this. Oh well, live and learn. This will backfire on SH. They'll be going through this same process within five years.

Sad thing is...they had the right man the first time.

A example of how much class Gilligan has.

In 2001 while "coaching" Ezell-Harding against a very weak Loretto team. Allowed his QB to throw 10 touchdown passes in a attempt to break a national high school record and in turn run up the score. This angered the people in Loretto and the surrounding area. People there still haven't forgot about it. This was not the only team he ran the score up on. He really likes to brag about scoring 706 points that year. Of cource this is 1A football and there is only a hand full of of good teams in the state. I don't see him doing that in 5A, although im sure he will try.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 17 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826335629[/snapback]

When I was against the hiring of Ralph Nelson, I thought he was up against Rankin, Woods, and maybe the guy up in Canada. I had no ideal Gilligan was in the mix. Nelson would of been a much better hire. If I were him I think I would drive by and blow the horn ever now and then.

It would be good if the JC people could display SHHS's '07 schedule.