The Heat Is On!

compusatman

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TopVol...give us the straight talk on the state of the 'Toppers. The Greenville people say your offense is to complex. The rain makes anything complex. How are they coming together? And...your take on the 'Devils.

It was a 7 on 7 so its hard to give your thoughts on a team however 7 on 7 does give a sneak peek for whats to come. I was not there but i heard it was some good football. Both had some ints but over all i heard it was a good show

TopVol...give us the straight talk on the state of the 'Toppers. The Greenville people say your offense is to complex. The rain makes anything complex. How are they coming together? And...your take on the 'Devils.

I'm not sure that I'm the one to give you the straight talk since I haven't seen them paricipate as a team since the South Doyle scrimmage but I will give you my opnions since you asked.. All the info I get is second hand. I think that there are people that make too much of the 77s instead of thinking of them as an conditioning tool and team building experince. The previous coach(es) did not do a lot to instill cofidence in the offseason. Coach Smith has done a really good job of getting these kids motivated and believing in their potential, I couldn't ask for anything more from a offseason workout program. These young men are heading into the preseason workouts conditioned, stronger and confident. Offseason program is a success.

I think what you are seeing in these 77s will not be what you seen come friday nights. I think these are a perfect opportunity to find out how high your ceiling is when it comes to your ability to comprehend and execute. Without the refs making calls and without pressure from the defensive team, what else can you make out of them? I believe that the team is coming together nicely and will imrove when the pads, guards, tackles, defensive tackles and defensive ends are added next week. I believe that this team has the best set of recievers this side of Morristown and the best running back this side of Knoxville. The offensive line will be the key, as it always is.

Greeneville is greenevill and they may not want to hear it but they aren't a team that would be able to stay with 3 touchdowns within most of the good teams in the area. I know that they are excited about having a new coach and all that but it's still about the personnel once the game starts and they don't have enough speed or size. Just my opnion and doesn't reflect the thoughts or feelings from anyone except me.

I'm not sure that I'm the one to give you the straight talk since I haven't seen them paricipate as a team since the South Doyle scrimmage but I will give you my opnions since you asked.. All the info I get is second hand. I think that there are people that make too much of the 77s instead of thinking of them as an conditioning tool and team building experince. The previous coach(es) did not do a lot to instill cofidence in the offseason. Coach Smith has done a really good job of getting these kids motivated and believing in their potential, I couldn't ask for anything more from a offseason workout program. These young men are heading into the preseason workouts conditioned, stronger and confident. Offseason program is a success.

I think what you are seeing in these 77s will not be what you seen come friday nights. I think these are a perfect opportunity to find out how high your ceiling is when it comes to your ability to comprehend and execute. Without the refs making calls and without pressure from the defensive team, what else can you make out of them? I believe that the team is coming together nicely and will imrove when the pads, guards, tackles, defensive tackles and defensive ends are added next week. I believe that this team has the best set of recievers this side of Morristown and the best running back this side of Knoxville. The offensive line will be the key, as it always is.

Greeneville is greenevill and they may not want to hear it but they aren't a team that would be able to stay with 3 touchdowns within most of the good teams in the area. I know that they are excited about having a new coach and all that but it's still about the personnel once the game starts and they don't have enough speed or size. Just my opnion and doesn't reflect the thoughts or feelings from anyone except me.

I agree 100% topvol98! Our kids are more confident, stronger, faster and quicker heading into the start of the preseason. The young men seem to have more camaraderie and motivation than this time last year by 200%. There is a lot of excitement.