The Heat Is On!

compusatman

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Apr 11 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826434988[/snapback]Comp....I have to respectfully disagree about the "we" wishing DB well...it may be more like "me" as in you. I live in the ColHgts community and there is definately no warm fuzzy love...I have been verbally called out by a loud South mama at the McDs for just wearing a DB sweatshirt in a Col Hgts McDonalds /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Although she wouldn't see anything wrong with wearing a South shirt at any establishment inside the city limits and I have to say she would not be verbally called out for it. I've lived in both and there is a big difference between the 2 communities.

When are the scrimmages? I want to come see the next QB playing down at Knoxville /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It just occured to me...that loud South Mama' was probably Diane. Ha! She's a Yankee so she is excused!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 17 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826439188[/snapback]Diane...as in Diane Washburn. She owns the CH's McD's. She is outspoken but not without manner. Her son is a golfer. Wasn't her.

No wasn't her. Like I said it was a basketball player's mom. We sat near her and her family to eat and actually had a good talk about high school sports and her son was a very nice, well mannered young man and he had nothing bad to say and actually commented on how quick the DB team was blah blah blah....but his mom just couldn't get over the fact of wearing a DB sweatshirt in a colonial hgts McDs. She even made the comment that she would rather pull for Boone than DB (my wife is a Boone grad). Like I said, I have seen all schools represented at the Wal-Mart, Mall, restaurants and I doubt anyone cares. I have actually seen a South sweatshirt at Chic-Fil-A on Stone Drive! How dare they /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Silly....and I think that is part of the reason the game has been dropped.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826439242[/snapback]No wasn't her. Like I said it was a basketball player's mom. We sat near her and her family to eat and actually had a good talk about high school sports and her son was a very nice, well mannered young man and he had nothing bad to say and actually commented on how quick the DB team was blah blah blah....but his mom just couldn't get over the fact of wearing a DB sweatshirt in a colonial hgts McDs. She even made the comment that she would rather pull for Boone than DB (my wife is a Boone grad). Like I said, I have seen all schools represented at the Wal-Mart, Mall, restaurants and I doubt anyone cares. I have actually seen a South sweatshirt at Chic-Fil-A on Stone Drive! How dare they /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Silly....and I think that is part of the reason the game has been dropped.

No, the game was dropped because of some old school political disagreement. Too bad, because it was a money maker!

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Apr 17 2007 - 02:16 PM) 826439480[/snapback]What old school politics?

Just my opinion, but I don't think the AD's saw eye to eye. Period. I mean why drop a standing room only tradition? It doesn't matter who DB picked up it won't have the economics that DB/South did. I understand all the issues and they are bonifide. But surely there was a better way than to just bail out. So you wanted more better competition? I don't think so. DB should have won the state last year and everybody knows it. Losing the South classic won't change that. No, there was more to it than that. Plain and simple. Just in my opinion. But I know you will say it was too much bad blood...someone was going to get hurt. And some did get hurt. Was it worth it? It's football. My truck was vandalized. So. Step up the security. Do what you have to do. So you lose the best gate of the season? Nope. Don't work like that. I'm not talking down to you. We have an equal share in the responsibility. Can you tell that I'm going to miss the game. Not everyone feels like I do. In fact I'm probably a minority. But as far as the politics...you know and I know that the round table rules and everyone else is just a spectator.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 21 2007 - 09:34 PM) 826442640[/snapback]Just my opinion, but I don't think the AD's saw eye to eye. Period. I mean why drop a standing room only tradition? It doesn't matter who DB picked up it won't have the economics that DB/South did. I understand all the issues and they are bonifide. But surely there was a better way than to just bail out. So you wanted more better competition? I don't think so. DB should have won the state last year and everybody knows it. Losing the South classic won't change that. No, there was more to it than that. Plain and simple. Just in my opinion. But I know you will say it was too much bad blood...someone was going to get hurt. And some did get hurt. Was it worth it? It's football. My truck was vandalized. So. Step up the security. Do what you have to do. So you lose the best gate of the season? Nope. Don't work like that. I'm not talking down to you. We have an equal share in the responsibility. Can you tell that I'm going to miss the game. Not everyone feels like I do. In fact I'm probably a minority. But as far as the politics...you know and I know that the round table rules and everyone else is just a spectator.

D-B was not the one who dropped this game...that is an absolute fact.

Roll Tribe Roll

Anybody have any more information on the schedules?

This is what I know about Sullivan South, Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill's 2007 Football Schedules:

Sullivan South:

0:

1:

2: Sullivan Central ®

3:

4: @ Johnson Co. ®

5:

6: Tennessee High ®

7: @ Elizabethton ®

8: Unicoi Co. ®

9: @ Sullivan North ®

10: @ Sullivan East ®

Out of Conference Opponents:

Science Hill (@ or v.), Daniel Boone (@ or v.), ? (@ or v.)

*I pray to the Lord above South schedules somebody other than Happy Valley as their remaining out of conference game, but if you know anymore about their out of conference schedule and home/away affiliation feel free to inform.

Dobyns Bennett:

0: @ Tennessee High

1: @ William Blount

2: Knox Bearden ®

3: Oak Ridge

4: @ Jefferson Co. ®

5:

6:

7: @ Sevier Co. ®

8: @ Knox Karns ®

9: Campbell Co. ®

10: Science Hill ®

@ Tennessee High, @ William Blount, v. Oak Ridge, and v. ?

*It's impossible to get a hold of AD Daniels, but did DB drop the Elizabethton game? If so, who did they pick up and in what week?

Science Hill

0:

1:

2:

3:

4: Sevier Co. ®

5:

6: @ Knox Bearden ®

7: Jefferson Co. ®

8: @ Campbell Co. ®

9: Knox Karns ®

10: @ Dobyns Bennett ®

Sullivan South (@ or v.), Tennessee High (@ or v.), ? (@ or v.), ? (@ or v.)

*I understand Science Hill was going to try and refigure their out of conference home/away games so as to not repeat last years home/away mess. Also, I know Sullivan South was added to the out of conference schedule, I assume Tennessee High will remain, and rumor is Morristown West is scheduled. Does anyone know the full out of conference schedule and their week home/away affiliation?

QUOTE(skunk @ Apr 23 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826443245[/snapback]D-B was not the one who dropped this game...that is an absolute fact.

Roll Tribe Roll

Yes, Skunk you are correct. you obviously understand the situation. However, it wasn't 100% South's decision, maybe more like 110%. I think the DB fans were brainwashed into thinking it was a good thing. My post alluded to DB having input and I'm sure there was collaboration but I just wanted to see who new the real story. It all hasn't come out yet and probably never will because many South fans think it to be the best choice. BS! Still, I would like to know if DB resisted losing the game because of the gate or if they were in agreement or were just delivered a notice and that was it. Anyway, no matter how you see it the game was important...to both sides.

QUOTE(srupley @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826443279[/snapback]Anybody have any more information on the schedules?

This is what I know about Sullivan South, Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill's 2007 Football Schedules:

Sullivan South:

0:

1:

2: Sullivan Central ®

3:

4: @ Johnson Co. ®

5:

6: Tennessee High ®

7: @ Elizabethton ®

8: Unicoi Co. ®

9: @ Sullivan North ®

10: @ Sullivan East ®

Science Hill (@ or v.), Daniel Boone (@ or v.), ? (@ or v.)

*I pray to the Lord above South schedules somebody other than Happy Valley as their remaining out of conference game, but if you know anymore about their out of conference schedule and home/away affiliation feel free to inform.

Dobyns Bennett:

0: @ Tennessee High

1: @ William Blount

2: Knox Bearden ®

3: Oak Ridge

4: @ Jefferson Co. ®

5:

6:

7: @ Sevier Co. ®

8: @ Knox Karns ®

9: Campbell Co. ®

10: Science Hill ®

@ Tennessee High, @ William Blount, v. Oak Ridge, and v. ?

*It's impossible to get a hold of AD Daniels, but did DB drop the Elizabethton game? If so, who did they pick up and in what week?

Science Hill

0:

1:

2:

3:

4: Sevier Co. ®

5:

6: @ Knox Bearden ®

7: Jefferson Co. ®

8: @ Campbell Co. ®

9: Knox Karns ®

10: @ Dobyns Bennett ®

Sullivan South (@ or v.), Tennessee High (@ or v.), ? (@ or v.), ? (@ or v.)

*I understand Science Hill was going to try and refigure their out of conference home/away games so as to not repeat last years home/away mess. Also, I know Sullivan South was added to the out of conference schedule, I assume Tennessee High will remain, and rumor is Morristown West is scheduled. Does anyone know the full out of conference schedule and their week home/away affiliation?

Science Hill @ Sullivan South - Aug 18th <- I think