The Heat Is On!

compusatman

QUOTE(datoppers @ Jan 18 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826336922[/snapback]I Agree powrplus. Like I said DB were coming for you!!!! "That's why they play the game." This program will be the buzz with the type of offense Coach Smith is bringing. I bet Coach Clark is worried about Smith coming. What if in 1 year he is able to do what DB couldn't do in many. Things that make you say hummmmm.

Something you don't realize is that until SHHS gets athletes to come out for football and quit worrying about basketball or other off school, afterschool activities SHHS will not have a good football program. They wouldn't have to worry about beating the mighty DB if they got all the athletes in the school to come out and play.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hinck6700 @ Apr 12 2007 - 05:37 PM) 826436119[/snapback]Something you don't realize is that until SHHS gets athletes to come out for football and quit worrying about basketball or other off school, afterschool activities SHHS will not have a good football program. They wouldn't have to worry about beating the mighty DB if they got all the athletes in the school to come out and play.

You may be right to a certain extent, but it takes more than athletes to have a successful program. Plugging athletes into a football conditioning program and then developing them into "position" players creates a high caliber team. Certainly more work than can be done in one spring and summer- I look for the SHHS payoff in three seasons. It should be interesting either way though-

A good coach can turn a program around in 3 years...a great coach can do it in 1 year. It's not a question of enough athletes. It's not a question of talent period. SHHS is the 10th largest HS in the state. They have the people. It all boils down to one thing. Can Coach Smith control the DRUGS? If he can then he will produce results. If he can't...then status quo.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:24 AM) 826436432[/snapback]A good coach can turn a program around in 3 years...a great coach can do it in 1 year. It's not a question of enough athletes. It's not a question of talent period. SHHS is the 10th largest HS in the state. They have the people. It all boils down to one thing. Can Coach Smith control the DRUGS? If he can then he will produce results. If he can't...then status quo.

Elabortate on the "DRUGS" your talking about.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 13 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826436666[/snapback]This sounds like an issue that is most likely in all high schools and most likely needs to left off this board.

Maybe open discussion is what needed instead of always trying to sweep things into the corner. I'm especailly curious since Comp knows this to be a problem at an school that he has no ties to, at least none that I've been privy to know. This is a football board and if he knows of an drug problem in Science Hill's program, I as an parent of a player would like to know all the info I can get about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, Science Hill is the only school in the area that "randomly" tests for drugs. To insuiate that Coach Smith is the answer to this drug problem, I as an parent take as a slap in the face and I know that I'm not the only one that feels this way. The kids in this program want to be a part of something good and they do a very good job of weeding out kids who want to take away from that and it's not fair to throw something like that out there just for ........not sure what kind of reasoning would there be?

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Apr 11 2007 - 06:25 PM) 826435203[/snapback]Well it's obvious which one you like best since you're still here. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The place aint half bad since they put a halt to the leaf burning and got a crazy tomato. The traffic is ridiculous between 5 and 6 though. Hey but I do abide by the 15mph speed limit as I travel through in the mornings...it would be nice if everyone would since there have been a few kids killed in front of the school.

To control the drugs doesn't require a narcotics squad. It doesn't require drug testing. To control the weapons doesn't require frisking or inspecting lockers or microwave detection or infrared detection devices. Nor does it require special dogs or a swat team. To teach your child respect, dicipline, character, love, honor does not require abuse or hurt. It requires someone to show them a better way. To motivate them and empower them to be better citizens. To teach them how to be men. To lead them to a better world. A promised land. A place where they are an individual. Where performance is expected, demanded, and rewarded. A place where they have a place. It is not a panacea. It is a struggle...a fight...a battle. Look around. The rest of the world is on fire...and we are glibb. I meant no disrespect to the SHHS football program. And no disrespect to TopVol or the fine young men that are in his association. I meant not to point my fervor at only SS and the Science Hill program. But instead to say that there is one problem and only one problem. Drugs. From the grandparents, to the parents and then to the children. All coaches must deal with it and all its' trappings. All managers, business owners, workers are subjected to the effects of this disease in our country. And yes, if SS can break through this barrier then it will be proof his leadership is genuine. Do not take offense. Do not look for slander. But instead, understand my meaning. Our society must change. We must take control...of our own lives first and then maybe we can move forward. If SS can enter the minds of these young men and redirect their viewpoint then success will follow. Make no mistake...Kingsport and Johnson City are drug trafficking hubs in NET. DB and SHHS are two of the most affected schools around. Don't believe me? Speak to any school teacher or official. Speak to a police officer. So don't put your head in the perverbial sand. But instead, be involved and make a difference. Don't assume that your world is squeaky clean when just outside your window the corruption is occuring. And you believe this board is no place for this discussion? Maybe so. Therefore, I appologize for causing a stir. It was not my intention. However, I firmly believe that to turn these young men away from the street takes a special gift. A gift that will be rewarded with much more than just a Gold Ball. SS will recruit from the halls of SHHS and will gather many desirable soldiers. They will come from varied places and with varied issues. And his ability to turn them away from what is easy to what is difficult will be a task. I'm sure he is attuned to the task at hand and knows just how to deal with it.