The Heat Is On!

compusatman

QUOTE(HitorBeHit @ Jan 29 2007 - 07:06 PM) 826350757[/snapback]

Please tell me that SS did not go to east Tennessee with the BELIEVE slogan in his ammo belt.

I believe that slogan belongs to Ravenwood already, so SHHS, you might drum up something else for your moto!

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

I don’t necessarily think BELIEVE, actually belongs to Ravenwood.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826350794[/snapback]

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

I don’t necessarily think BELIEVE, actually belongs to Ravenwood.

Amen Brother! With God all things are possible. --Matthew 19:26

Nothing wrong in you guys believing as well...being from Region 6-5A, that is all we hear over this way out of Ravenwood - "We Believe" (Hey, it seems to work for them. Their play speaks for itself!)

I think that the enthusiasm of a new coach would have the potential for real trouble if D-B were playing AT Science Hill. I think new SHHS coaches have bumped off the Indians a couple of times in their first meetings with the game in JC. However.......the game will be at J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Coach Smith will find a daunting task handling that environment. I venture to say he will have never seen anything like it if the game means anything at all. (IE- D-B isn't an uncharacteristic 6 and 3 or something like that). Look at the history books. How long has it been since the Toppers played a competitive game in there? The massive crowd, the 300 + member band raining that warhoop down on them, the Tomahawk chop, and the swagger the Indians play against JC with at home. The Tribe has stumbled a bit in the post season the last couple of years, but this is Science Hill. History says it will be a tough house for a guy who wants to run trick plays and throw the ball. Before you bet against Darrell Watson you had better do some reading!

Someone started a post called "Dream Team" that didn't go anywhere. I would like to hear from the respective schools who are there weapons and mainstays on the front 5. Not necessasarily a dream team but each schools power. We know DB has Sly. What has the Island got? What does South have? And we need to hear from Bristol. C'mon, no bragging just comparison. Let's anylize it and see if we got any breakaway from the pack athletes. Start with the QB's and work our way through the O to the D and special teams also. J County? East? East looked good by the end of the year in '06...I would count them a player.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Jan 30 2007 - 07:20 AM) 826351329[/snapback]

Someone started a post called "Dream Team" that didn't go anywhere. I would like to hear from the respective schools who are there weapons and mainstays on the front 5. Not necessasarily a dream team but each schools power. We know DB has Sly. What has the Island got? What does South have? And we need to hear from Bristol. C'mon, no bragging just comparison. Let's anylize it and see if we got any breakaway from the pack athletes. Start with the QB's and work our way through the O to the D and special teams also. J County? East? East looked good by the end of the year in '06...I would count them a player.

First name that comes to my mind from Science Hill would be Solomon Duannah. He is a chiseled 5’11” 190lbs running back with lots of power with 4.4-4.5 speed.

Second one comes to mind is Aaron Trent who is a 6’4” 230lbs linebacker who lead the team last season in tackles and tackles for loss. Might see him on the offensive side of the ball some due to losing some seniors. I don’t know.

Last but certainly not least would be Corey Hamilton who is a 6’0” 251lbs (I hear he has slimmed down and quicker) defensive tackle, who causes havoc in the middle.

Those are just 3 that come to my mind. There will be several more that I know people will have to contend with.