The Heat Is On!

compusatman

Oak Ridge struggled last year. It want happen two years in a row. And only a complete Mo-Ron would say William Blount is horrible. Or maybe a wanna'be Maryville fan.

[/quo

I agree WaCo, they are not horrible. In fact, they are well coached and stick with and execute a well thought out game plan. Hey what do you expect. They are the third best team in Blount County year in and year out!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 23 2007 - 03:23 PM)

Look zero three, DB plays 3 or 4 teams every year thats better than your toppers ever will be. How will a little push from the toppers help DB?

Com'on now . . . are you really asking this question? And how can you possibly make a comment like "DB plays 3 or 4 teams every year that’s better than your toppers ever will be"? That's just plain stupid! WaCoJaCo . . . surely you are smarter than this post?

Think about it.

That is what I was focusing in on. That is a ludicrous statement to make regardless whom your talking about.

Does everyone really think that Science Hill is not capable of having a powerhouse football team?? NO . . . I think some of you including WaCoJaCo is scared to death it is going to happen. One would have to be a fool to think it isn’t possible.

I will quote Fitness4Life …

“13 Team State Championships

29 Team Runner-up Finishes

47 Individual State Titles

Now we’re looking for some hardware in football.”

QUOTE(compusatman @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826346033[/snapback]

DB has some weapons this year. Not too many pretty boys this time around. I think they will want it bad this year...more so than in a long time. It's time for a few rising Juniors to make their name in NET. From about 4 different schools. I look for the best showing yet from NET in 4a and 5A. South had the tools last year...this year they have something to prove. It's all about pride this year...either we (NET) have it or we don't. Next year is too late. There will be some surprising going on. It's not a down year...it's a year for warriors. SHHS, SS,...this ain't no dress rehearsel...it's showtime. Ain't no warming up. Come August it's time to make a statement. Rebel Nation.

I am always pulling for the NET teams. Heck I have even attended games and pulled for D-B. Whether it is South, Hampton, Tennessee High … I want to see the local boys win. I haven’t always been a Science Hill fan; actually I played for and graduated from Daniel Boone. So Science Hill was a natural enemy to me, until my kids started attending The Hill. Yeah, it was kinda strange at first putting on the SH paraphernalia, but hey…most of us will do anything for our kids. Even turning our backs against our old alma mater. lol

QUOTE(compusatman @ Jan 27 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826348685[/snapback]

Hey Toppers...give us the low down on your coaches meeting.

Okay . . . Keep in mind that this is what “I” took from the meeting today.

I found Coach Smith to be fresh with a strong sense of excitement and energy. Sounds like Coach Smith will be very unpredictable. He said don’t be surprised to be on our 20 yard line with a 4th and 2 and go for it! Don’t be surprised to be up 35-0 and kick an onside kick. You have 4 downs, why use one of them to punt the ball. Sounds like he is going to give the defensive coordinator Coach Overbay a fit. I personally like him. My son is excited and wishes football started tomorrow.

compusatman…He mentioned Sullivan South, and he is already trying to figure out how we are going to stop Kurt Phillips and company. In my opinion that will be a tough first test for sure!

Coach Smith’s enthusiasm is exhilarating. It takes more that just a team of players to win. It takes a community and a town or city. And I think he knows that.

I Believe

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jan 28 2007 - 12:25 AM) 826348880[/snapback]

I found Coach Smith to be fresh with a strong sense of excitement and energy. Sounds like Coach Smith will be very unpredictable. He said don’t be surprised to be on our 20 yard line with a 4th and 2 and go for it! Don’t be surprised to be up 35-0 and kick an onside kick. You have 4 downs, why use one of them to punt the ball. Sounds like he is going to give the defensive coordinator Coach Overbay a fit. I personally like him. My son is excited and wishes football started tomorrow.

compusatman…He mentioned Sullivan South, and he is already trying to figure out how we are going to stop Kurt Phillips and company. In my opinion that will be a tough first test for sure!

Coach Smith’s enthusiasm is exhilarating. It takes more that just a team of players to win. It takes a community and a town or city. And I think he knows that.

I Believe

Great! I'm glad you're comfortable. I truly believe we can turn around NET and break out of the trappings that hold us back. Graham Clark, Gregg Stubbs, and Stacy Carter are very good coaches but just as some players are very good players many times they need a little shove to cross the line into greatness. Hopefully SS will provide that shove to our coaches and players. We appreciate the respect in your post to our program. We have a more balanced attack this year. It's funny how we already realize how it needs to be a cumulative effort to put NET on the map. It will be a year to remember. Keep us posted on your progress. The positions etc...And may two of us represent. 4A/5A State Champs YEAH!

DB had its football banquet last night .Coach Clark told the seniors it had been an honor to have coached a team that beat South 44 to zero,with the talent that South had.Clark has started spring practice in January and alot of players were on crutches.Winter practice is brutal.Cody Sensabaugh All Big East/All State was named player of the year.Looks like DB will be ok this next year for a run on the Big East.Alot of talent returning.

QUOTE(PowrPlus @ Jan 28 2007 - 12:25 AM) 826348880[/snapback]

I Believe

Don't be suprised that if you go for it on 4th and 2 at your own 20, that you'll never be up by 35-0. This is not 1A football.