Cloudland spanked Unaka

THE KING

Losing to Unaka in football for the first time in 25 years almost returned me to alcohol, but the sweetness of victory over Unaka in basketball for three straight times is almost too good to be true. I just want to say thanks to the young men who have made this possible. Our basketball program has really been going in the right direction for several seasons now. Our continued spankings of Unaka is most delightful. Can you say 52-34?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King,

I wouldn't get too happy. This comes about because of the coaching changes at Unaka High School. You guys weren't beating your chest when Donald Ensor was head coach. I've seen Unaka play about five times this year and got to catch the game last night.

Unaka's program is headed in the wrong direction. It won't get better anytime soon. I don't know if anything is coming up in the freshman or sophomore classes but no longer is this program among the elite.

Why shouldn't I be happy? I've been hoping for this for a long, long time. Cloudland basketball is only on the rise, and Carpenter and Smith are the men making it happen. We weren't beating our chest then, but by golly we are now. I only look for the continued spankings of Unaka. whoooo!!

Well since you got J.J. Reddick and Capt Hook helpin Snavely, thas a big issue. The boys just do not respect the 2 coaches. The conf win streak is over. This is the 1st yr tha Unaka has lost home conf game and the conf title. They might pull Cloudland 2006 in the tournament. If I was the STAR Id write a big article on this.

QUOTE(HighSchoolFanatic @ Jan 18 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826336593[/snapback]

Well since you got J.J. Reddick and Capt Hook helpin Snavely, thas a big issue. The boys just do not respect the 2 coaches. The conf win streak is over. This is the 1st yr tha Unaka has lost home conf game and the conf title. They might pull Cloudland 2006 in the tournament. If I was the STAR Id write a big article on this.

Explain yourself Lucy. I'm not getting what your saying.

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Jan 18 2007 - 02:52 PM) 826336598[/snapback]

Explain yourself Lucy. I'm not getting what your saying.

What he is saying is the players don't respect at least one of the assisants. Maybe both, but I don't know. How do you expect the team to be sucsessful when the players just tune out the assistants? I mean, Snavely can't do it all by himself.

The fans don't even show up like they used to, and I don't blame them. Sheryl "Dipstick" Bowers, Denny "The Godfather" Ensor, Randy Norris (who NEVER misses), and last but not least my BUDDY William Richardson. They're faces haven't been seen like they used to. I guess it has gotten so bad that WCYP had to quit covering the games. The High School Gameday crew has done and gone. Maybe the STAR will quit, I hope not they're the only media. Unaka hates the Press.

I like your post, Ranger87. I hope some of the sorry fairweather Cloudland fans read it, too. We struggled really bad in football this year. I looked up and saw many empty spaces in the bleachers. I think all the players, when we start winning again, should personally welcome these fans back. They will be back once the winning returns. Shame on you.