CENTENNIAL VS. INDEPENDENCE

CHS 2007

Coach Kelly is for sure all class. Yes, the trash talk is half or most of the fun for those of us who can't be on the court. It sure is great to get you Indy fans going-Donathon . but what happened to you last night? You guys are great fans on here but we hardly heard one cheer until the fourth and I know you out numbered us. Rumor going around this morning that you guys were tryin to protest your principal.

And zoosee is definitely right, we'll see you in the tourney where it matters!

hsbball67- I'm so glad you changed you thought on Drew's playing from mediocre

to very respectable

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bkelly @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:52 PM) 826343443[/snapback]

I do want all of you, to keep this in mind. Some of you are getting close to ugly on here. So tone it down some. Trash talk is half the fun, just keep it sporting and clean. Drew and I were talking earlier, he was down, hurt about the loss, but he looked at me and said "you know I got to admit I loved every second of it out there tonight." And he is right, the competition the spirit, even the officials, I would not trade anything for doing what we do, and the people who love to watch, play coach etc.

And yeah your right..... I can't get to sleep.

Coach Kelly,

You, your son and your whole family are class people. You have some amazing talent at CHS. You will win your share of games in the future. I can tell you love to do what you do and it is not about the money, unlike some. Good luck.

what is tragic is that tssaa will of course be reffing the tourny

maybe we should get some other refs from another organization outside of tssaa

but i know it will never happen

oh well

and i love the fact that it seems to everyone that drew has an off night yet has 20

thats great for the school to know that you can get 20 out of your star even when it doesnt seem like it

one more question for donathan

i know kuchar had like 34

how many of those were from the free throw line, cuz it seemed like he was there basically all 2nd half

QUOTE(tnsparty @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826343680[/snapback]

Coach Kelly,

You, your son and your whole family are class people. You have some amazing talent at CHS. You will win your share of games in the future. I can tell you love to do what you do and it is not about the money, unlike some. Good luck.

I second that. What a treat for us high school fans to hear the thoughts of an excellent area high school coach after a tough loss. Thanks for your insight Coach Kelly.....you certainly have the CHS program going in the right direction.....and what a cool thing to be able to do: coach your talented son before he he hits the hardwood of a D1 program. Good luck the rest of the season!

QUOTE(zoosee12 @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:54 AM) 826343838[/snapback]

one more question for donathan

i know kuchar had like 34

how many of those were from the free throw line, cuz it seemed like he was there basically all 2nd half

Is that a problem? By him getting to the free throw line and trying to get CHS into foul trouble seems like smart play. Im not sure why CHS posters rag on Farris. He dropped big shots and had a huge part in the W. Farris is an above average shooter and seems to bring in as many rebounds as the big men most nights. On top of that, he runs point when Kuchar isnt and can take most defenders off the dribble. Sometimes he dribbles to much and tries to force a pass but without Farris, Indy's record would have a few more L's. CHS lost by 6. Indy lost to Franklin by 3. Now you know how it feels.

ok this is my last thing to donathan for this post

a.) you're gettin real cocky right now and its gonna bite ya soon enough

b.)do you really think that centennial only has 3 people that can do anything with a basketball?????

you know thats crap so dont even state it here

byrd can get hot at any time, and you should know that from the last indy-cent game

kejuan jones is one of the best ball handlers i've seen

give stroop some time and he will be big(especially next year with harris gone)

ty jones can hit threes and pass pretty good

do i need to keep going?

you know your statement about the 3 players was crap and you started throwing out names of basically your whole team and i only saw acouple of players on indy's side that came up big (kuchar was the main one) and yet you throw out all these names a couple of which only had a few points

you of all people should know about class here

and as of right now you are one of the classless on this post

come on donathan

dont tell people to not come in firing back at you if youre doing it youself

ok that is all

Wow, where to start? I was too ticked last night to really say anything without getting my membership revoked. But I'm over it, so I'll say a few things.

First and most importantly, congratulations to Independence for pulling out the big win. They deserve all the credit in the world for overcoming that lead late. They really showed up to play late and that's why they came out on top. CHS collapsed for whatever reason as guys were left wide-open. We also lost alot of our inside D because Bug got in foul trouble late (by the way actually had three blocks on the scoresheet). There were some bad calls, but that won't destroy a 17-point lead single-handedly. We just let down and started making sloppy passes and were forcing some shots we shouldn't have made. Coach Kelly, thanks for your insight. You're nothing but class and I still say you're the best Coach in the region

Second of all, don't make generalizations about the CHS fans based on one person. Centennial has some of the most loyal, passionate, and classiest fans out there. I know the kid in the #31 jersey and he will get very heated when it comes to sports. Just don't make a judgement about CHS and it's fans based on one person. I don't think you guys would like it if I called Indy fans a bunch of racist hicks because one fan shouted a racial slur at a Franklin player.

Third of all, Donathan congratulations on your win. But I've seen you after a few football games getting pretty defensive, so just watch what say about making excuses. And anyone who knows me personally knows that I don't make excuses, I tell it like it is, because I have more class than that. To any Centennial students on this thread, don't make excuses. They won, we didn't. Just tell it like it is. And most importantly, don't sink to other people's level by trash talking.

To Indy and its fans, good win. I hope you see now that Centennial is for real, and I hope to see you guys again in districts. To CHS, I'm proud of the way we played, and I think we showed that we can contend in this district. Big game Friday against Hickman, so good luck. Until the next game, 07 out.

refering to cubs:

i'm not trying to make any attack on kuchar here

i just serisouly want to know how many times he went to the free throw line

just a question cuz it seemed like it was alot

Did not get to see the game but it sounds like it was a great one. As far as Kuchar goes. He does a great Job of drawing fouls he attacks the defense very well. Good players do that. I am sure he got the line a lot. He did that to us(Franklin)

The Price kid at Brentwood is playing very well imo he and Kuchar are easily the best point guards in the district. However the best team in the district...we all know who that is

Congradulations to IHS for the big win.

both teams played great

it was an all around GREAT game

i believe that both IHS and CHS fans were kinda acting low-class at times

but we have to remember that sometimes that's part of the intensity of basketball

both team's fans have much more class this year than last year.

-Taylor Clark

GIVE ME A C!

QUOTE(Bigdogroxx @ Jan 23 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826343105[/snapback]

Are you still talking trash.... seriously... get over yourself, yeah CHS is a good team.. but IHS did win twice and showed they can overcome a lot. And what happened to your boy Labron???? I saw 1 block.... that gonna rape that 8 per game adv.

Actually, he had 3 on the stat sheet. And when I posted that he actually had 7.1. he now has 6.7 on the year, still very impressive.