Region 3AA

JustBeingNosy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly anybody can beat anyone, especially in the 5AA district. I know Brainerd beat McMinn Central, and Brainerd also gave Sequatchie a good game in a playday and right now they're not even top four. McMinn Central, Polk, Tellico all look capable of beating each other, saw all three in camps and they have good players. Tyner looks like they keep improving, they improved a lot in just a couple of weeks from a playday loss to Seq to the hall of fame game and it's been a while since then so it's no surprise they've gotten better. I saw everyone but Sequoyah and Boyd-Buchanan in camps or playdays but I really could not make a good guess on who'll win that 5AA group right now. In 6AA, Seq is the team to beat but they've had two good games against Howard and one at Grundy, so that's hardly a lock. Chattanooga Christian on the road will probably determine if they finish undefeated in the district in the regular season. Whoever gets fourth out of Grundy, CCS and Howard will be at a disadvantage, they'd probably play Bledsoe which is capable of upsets and likely play Seq in the second round. 2nd and 3rd are pretty much equal since they'd play each other in the second round, and the bottom couple of teams aren't too strong.

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826344020[/snapback]

Did Ali Long quit basketball for Notre Dame? She was scoring most of there points and I was wondering if she quit or is hurt?

Notre Dame has good athletes on the volleyball and softball teams not playing basketball, not sure what the problem is but having eight girls on the basketball team is not a good situation.

QUOTE(tennesseebball @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826345117[/snapback]

Tyner beat the Lady Bucs of Boyd Buchanan by two the other night. Boyd played great. They won't get to the region but they are capable of pulling an upset if they do not turn it over. They had legitimate shot at Tyner the other nght.

...That was my point in one of my previous posts...the "Lady Rams" beat Boyd by 35 points @ Tyner...in 5-AA if you have a bad-day-at-the-office and don't bring your "A"-game you can be beat...on a neutral floor(Cleveland State)anything can happen especially when you have out of town officials...this year the "Lady Rams" look to be a stronger team because on a given night any of the starting seven(7) can have a big game and lift the entire team...at Boyd the other night, the 10th grader(Kee-Kee) hit the winning shot with 2.5 seconds remaining...those are the kind of games you need to help you in tournament games...Boyd did play an excellent game!!!

I believe that when Boyd learns to handle pressure a little better they will be tough to deal with. They have two seniors only one of which starts and plays considerable minutes. If they ever get it into the half court, they have an awesome shooter and great post play. They are young and learning. They led Polk for a while and could have easily won the Meigs and Sweetwater game. Played Sequoyah close for three quarters twice. So, they are not far away. They beat Hixson badly every time they play them so I agree that 5AA is better from top to bottom.

QUOTE(tennesseebball @ Jan 25 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826345408[/snapback]

I believe that when Boyd learns to handle pressure a little better they will be tough to deal with. They have two seniors only one of which starts and plays considerable minutes. If they ever get it into the half court, they have an awesome shooter and great post play. They are young and learning. They led Polk for a while and could have easily won the Meigs and Sweetwater game. Played Sequoyah close for three quarters twice. So, they are not far away. They beat Hixson badly every time they play them so I agree that 5AA is better from top to bottom.

I agree 5AA is better from top to bottom. Meigs and Boyd have won only one district game between them and I think they would have a .500 record in 6AA. Meigs starts 4 freshmen and has been competitive for a half against the top teams in 5AA, they just need to learn how to put 2 halves together. Boyd has all the ingredients to have a much better record, just need to play a little better defense and take better shots. Meigs just has to learn to MAKE a few shots, hopefully that will come with experience.

QUOTE(Indian @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:41 PM) 826344611[/snapback]

Nearly anybody can beat anyone, especially in the 5AA district. I know Brainerd beat McMinn Central, and Brainerd also gave Sequatchie a good game in a playday and right now they're not even top four. McMinn Central, Polk, Tellico all look capable of beating each other, saw all three in camps and they have good players. Tyner looks like they keep improving, they improved a lot in just a couple of weeks from a playday loss to Seq to the hall of fame game and it's been a while since then so it's no surprise they've gotten better. I saw everyone but Sequoyah and Boyd-Buchanan in camps or playdays but I really could not make a good guess on who'll win that 5AA group right now. In 6AA, Seq is the team to beat but they've had two good games against Howard and one at Grundy, so that's hardly a lock. Chattanooga Christian on the road will probably determine if they finish undefeated in the district in the regular season. Whoever gets fourth out of Grundy, CCS and Howard will be at a disadvantage, they'd probably play Bledsoe which is capable of upsets and likely play Seq in the second round. 2nd and 3rd are pretty much equal since they'd play each other in the second round, and the bottom couple of teams aren't too strong.

...Final score: Brainerd-56 , Tellico- 55

...Tellico was up 16-15 at the end of the 1st qtr, and 34-27 at the half...Brainerd came out in the 3rd qtr and outscored T.P. 19-8...with 13.5 seconds to go in the game it was 53-51(T.P.)...Brainerd scored and it was tied at 53...Brooke Mckinnon was fouled with 3.0 seconds left and hit both shots...Brainerd inbounded the ball and #20( I don't know her name) put up a shot at half-court and it was nothing but NET!!!

...That makes Tellico 9-3 in the District and a game behind Central...still a lot of basketball to be played...Brainerd has a 6-6 District record!!!

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826346092[/snapback]

...Tellico was up 16-15 at the end of the 1st qtr, and 34-27 at the half...Brainerd came out in the 3rd qtr and outscored T.P. 19-8...with 13.5 seconds to go in the game it was 53-51(T.P.)...Brainerd scored and it was tied at 53...Brooke Mckinnon was fouled with 3.0 seconds left and hit both shots...Brainerd inbounded the ball and #20( I don't know her name) put up a shot at half-court and it was nothing but NET!!!

...That makes Tellico 9-3 in the District and a game behind Central...still a lot of basketball to be played...Brainerd has a 6-6 District record!!!

This score just proves that I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. I will say no more.

QUOTE(TynerRamFan @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:12 PM) 826346092[/snapback]

Just wondering how the calling was for this game. It sounds just like when Central went there to play.

QUOTE(mayspeed @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826346670[/snapback]

Just wondering how the calling was for this game. It sounds just like when Central went there to play.

The officiating wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either. Could have been better for both teams. Tellico struggled with their shooting and had 16 turnovers. Shot 7-19 from the field in the second half. Tellico also only had 3 three's. The whole night was just uncharacteristic of a Tellico team.