Who will win District 9 in AA?

ThePenguin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is going to come down to the wire. Lipscomb, CPA, and MLK are all still in the hunt. Lipscomb is hurting with Slayter and Clayton gone until Goodpasture. Lipscomb lost by one to Pearl-Cohn without them, and won't have them against MLK. CPA already beat MLK, but Lipscomb has beat CPA twice. I think district regular season championship is going to be a toss-up. It looks like some interesting seeding in the tournament, with some crucial match-ups early. Great district, and great basketball.

QUOTE(Morton @ Jan 18 2007 - 12:06 AM) 826335891[/snapback]

I love this post!

MLK definitely has the momentum, and their team has some incredible athletes who really play well together (and are quite the entertainers...erggh). If DL is HOT, they are very tough to beat. DL also plays very deep on their bench. They have the ability to change defenses and offenses on a whim. DL's coach is already thinking about next year, and gives plenty of playing time to the sophomores and freshmen. This means fresh legs for the seniors and juniors. I just do not think CPA will beat these teams twice in the season AND the tournament. All credit goes to CPA for improving their program and adding another tough team to an already very competitive district. Good luck to CPA, but if I was a better...MLK... with DL at distant second if they are hitting those threes.

Entertainers. Stop hating. These entertainers, and their style of play, have won two state championships. Maybe some teams need to get into "the business". Its nice to know that all the DL players were well yesterday when they took that whooping. It was stated last game that the players all had the flu and that is why MLK won.

What's the reason now?????

QUOTE(sports_fan @ Jan 18 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826336507[/snapback]

I can say this because if you go back to before the season started, teams were basically rated on paper and CPA was picked either last or next to last in the District. The word was they have talent but young talent and would not be a factor this year. Now the young talent have proved themselves worthy of mention as one of the contenders for the District. They do not play like sophomores, they play like seasoned veterans and I have to give the credit to Coach Maddux for harnessing this talent. A lot is said about Z being the reason for the success but the bottom line is they have been successful because Coach Maddux has built a team not a player.

Z is a huge talent but he is young and still improving. Some games a little stronger than others but always a presence. He will be scary good in the next years. This years story is guard LEADERSHIP-Miller and DEFENSE-Anderson. Ice runs through their veins and you can tell they love the game.

When the sophs are seniors they should be a machine. Also, coaching and well thought out and executed game plan don't hurt! Any of the 3 top teams can beat each other on a given night. Isn't that what will make this a great tournament?

QUOTE(tennesseevols @ Feb 3 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826357462[/snapback]

who will be mvp of this district? slater or robinson? and what about coach of the year?

I would have to say that MVP is really a toss-up but i think whoevers team makes it farther or wins it will get the edge. As for coach of the year I think you have to give it to Drew Maddox of the Lions. He has turned this young group of players into a real good ball club. They also have already doubled and more their record from last year.