Who will win District 9 in AA?

ThePenguin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CoachF @ Feb 6 2007 - 12:08 PM) 826360484[/snapback]

I'm not Coach Brooks, but I respected the way his teams played. I just think it's odd that there is not even a pretense of why he was fired. Even Hillwood said it was a diference in philosophy when they fired the football coach. If his removal was justified, surely there has to be a legitimate reason. Wouldn't you agree sportfreak?

just wondering, but do you think firing the Hillwood coach for a difference in philosophy after a 0-10 season was not only a coincidince but a legitimate reason?? and if you do then i am pretty sure that CPA could say the same thing because they obviously didnt agree with Coach Brooks philosophy....hence why he was fired, let go, not renewed or whatever you want to call it.

Coach Brooks was released by CPA without a big outcry. That is enough said on that. The coaching thing just didn't work out for many reasons. There is no value to digging up the past and discussing the reasons. These things are painful for everyone. Coach Brooks was loved, appreciated and respected by the CPA community, and he continues to be.

MLK definitely wins the district. Robinson is probably one of the most talented players I have ever watched. I think that the district (and region) tournament(s) will be interesting. CPA has something to prove. Talent and excellent coaching, along with a very enthusiastic fan base. If David Lipscomb gets healthy and keeps their 'cool,' they could be a contender. MLK really needs to keep their cool and not get cocky at this point. You could win it all guys!! At this point, I think these are the three teams from District 9. Pearl-Cohn really played well this season, and gave some great competition. Lipscomb lost to them their second game (by 1 pt.) without Slater or Clayton, so I have to put the other three ahead of them. Thanks to all these talented players in Nashville for giving the fans a great district 'dog fight.' Good luck in the tournament, and hopefully one of you will bring the Gold Ball back to Nashville. After seeing all three teams play, it looks like the underclassmen are going to provide some exciting competition the next few years.

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826361440[/snapback]

MLK definitely wins the district. Robinson is probably one of the most talented players I have ever watched. I think that the district (and region) tournament(s) will be interesting. CPA has something to prove. Talent and excellent coaching, along with a very enthusiastic fan base. If David Lipscomb gets healthy and keeps their 'cool,' they could be a contender. MLK really needs to keep their cool and not get cocky at this point. You could win it all guys!! At this point, I think these are the three teams from District 9. Pearl-Cohn really played well this season, and gave some great competition. Lipscomb lost to them their second game (by 1 pt.) without Slater or Clayton, so I have to put the other three ahead of them. Thanks to all these talented players in Nashville for giving the fans a great district 'dog fight.' Good luck in the tournament, and hopefully one of you will bring the Gold Ball back to Nashville. After seeing all three teams play, it looks like the underclassmen are going to provide some exciting competition the next few years.

Theres really a slim chance of anyone in this district making it to state.At substate they will face teams like Bolivar and Liberty Tech which will make it very difficult.