Obion Central

pride&tradition

QUOTE(rebfan65 @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826339624[/snapback]

I agree with you pride&tradition. I had this one pegged for a blowout as well. The atmosphere and enthusiasm reminded me of the old days of Rebel basketball. If they can give that kind of effort the rest of the season, they will win some games. Confidence breeds confidence.

Anothr great confidence booster this weekend. That's two in a row. Hopoefully it will continue. That 6th man called the "Rebel Train" was also at work and truly out in force. An awesome effort both on the court in both games and also in the stands. Keep it up Rebels!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rebfan65 @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826339624[/snapback]

I agree with you pride&tradition. I had this one pegged for a blowout as well. The atmosphere and enthusiasm reminded me of the old days of Rebel basketball. If they can give that kind of effort the rest of the season, they will win some games. Confidence breeds confidence.

"ONE OF THE BEST" defense, intensity, team play, and never give up attitude i have seen in this team this season, and how about that soph. #2Brandon Smith, 5pts and done a great job of handling the UC pressure as did the whole team, Nick had 29pts because he didn't have to handle the ball ALL the time. "PROUD of you REBELS" keep it up, your right rebfan it brought back old memories, and i do believe we will have MANY more of these nights at ''CENTRAL STATION" and did the REBEL TRAIN MAKE SOME NOISE LAST NIGHT---WOW WHAT A GREAT ATMOSPHERE!!!!!! Can't wait till we meet Dyersburg.

I got to see the first half of the boys game, and I was very impressed with the intensity that the Rebs showed. Don't know how it was early in the season, but there doesn't appear to be much quit in these guys now.

The atmosphere of the game in general was just fantastic, and that gym...wow. Last night in Troy is what HS basketball is all about. I had a great time there.

QUOTE(TheBoredGuy @ Jan 21 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826339715[/snapback]

I got to see the first half of the boys game, and I was very impressed with the intensity that the Rebs showed. Don't know how it was early in the season, but there doesn't appear to be much quit in these guys now.

The atmosphere of the game in general was just fantastic, and that gym...wow. Last night in Troy is what HS basketball is all about. I had a great time there.

It was a great game last nite.....The Rebel boys played with alot of heart and grit...They played way above their heads...It's amazing what effort will do for you...They have nowhere near the athletic ability UC has,but they gave everything they had....Now everybody,including the team,know they can play with that kind of intensity....It can't be just because it was Union City..The thing now is to bring that game to the next one....It wouldn't hurt to have a crowd like that every nite either.....I thought for awhile I was in the old "Pit"..That new gym is so loud...I don't imagine Kail is happy with any moral victory,but he has to be proud of the effort his kids gave....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826339723[/snapback]

It was a great game last nite.....The Rebel boys played with alot of heart and grit...They played way above their heads...It's amazing what effort will do for you...They have nowhere near the athletic ability UC has,but they gave everything they had....Now everybody,including the team,know they can play with that kind of intensity....It can't be just because it was Union City..The thing now is to bring that game to the next one....It wouldn't hurt to have a crowd like that every nite either.....I thought for awhile I was in the old "Pit"..That new gym is so loud...I don't imagine Kail is happy with any moral victory,but he has to be proud of the effort his kids gave....

sounds like a great game

That was one of the most awesome games I have ever watched....The atmosphere was like I have never seen before....Nobody in their right mind actually thought our guys would have it under 25 points....With the Rebels down 7 at halftime, I kept feeling that we would end up winning the game, and towards the end of the game I still thought we would win....A few costly mistakes, and we would have won that game....Even in a loss, I say it was our guys best performance of the year.....I'm extremely proud of them, and I just hope this is a springboard for more wins....Next up, the Dyersburg Trojans on Friday....Be expecting another big crowd, and hopefully we can get a huge district win!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826339867[/snapback]

That was one of the most awesome games I have ever watched....The atmosphere was like I have never seen before....Nobody in their right mind actually thought our guys would have it under 25 points....With the Rebels down 7 at halftime, I kept feeling that we would end up winning the game, and towards the end of the game I still thought we would win....A few costly mistakes, and we would have won that game....Even in a loss, I say it was our guys best performance of the year.....I'm extremely proud of them, and I just hope this is a springboard for more wins....Next up, the Dyersburg Trojans on Friday....Be expecting another big crowd, and hopefully we can get a huge district win!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK REBELS!...till Groundhog day anyway.

OC Rebels may have caught their 2nd wind and hopefully it'll take them down the stretch as tourney time approaches Were playing well around the Christmas break but fell on hard times and lost 7 straight before the buzzer beater over Milan

Friday and going the full 15 rounds with a talented UC squad before coming up short on Saturday

Now almost a week to prepare for a D'burg team who they've played twice already

this season. A district win at home in mid-December before losing to the Trojans on their floor at the holiday tournament

A chance to pick up a huge district win on the road this Friday night at Dyersburg.

Good luck Rebs Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...