Privates Recruiting? Tennessean Article on David Lipscomb Women's

Morton

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 18 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826416179[/snapback]No Antwan...I support JCM. Yeah go look at my posts. I disagree with you on the public/private issue. Don`t mislead. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh and how on earth can you surmise I support Liberty?? Again go read my posts.

I do support Madison as well because my daughter goes there and plays soccer.

Just wanting to clarify things for you as well as MPHS.

Oh...my bad...it's Madison not Liberty.

You are on the private (issue) side. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Antwan @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:18 PM) 826416904[/snapback]Oh...my bad...it's Madison not Liberty.

You are on the private (issue) side. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

exactly...I`m a public supporter/poster, but I tend to agree with the privates side of this debate. But moreso I just wish we could get back to everyone in one Division.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:09 AM) 826415032[/snapback]Nah...you are not a public poster. You are on the private side every time. You went to USJ. Don't mislead.

We know what he is.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 17 2007 - 07:37 PM) 826415599[/snapback]Great. Temple had to go and win the 1A state basketball championship. Now we will have to hear about it for a full year. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seriously, congrats Temple!

I mean really did we expect anything different? I guess since they won it, thier BB coach will stay and the kids wont go with a better recuiting deal.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 18 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826416179[/snapback]Just wanting to clarify things for you as well as MPHS.

I didnt ask you to clarify anything for me. I'm not blind I know what goes on. I'm just not scared to say it the way I see it.

VG,

To me it looks like you are a public school man that feels his kids are no better or no less the athlete than the private school athletes. Do you also feel that the reason that the divisions should be placed back together is that these athletes are going to compete in a global society when they graduate and they need to understand that everything is not going to be easy or fair in life? Do you not also feel that by putting everyone back together it will raise the level of play for both the public and private schools in Tennessee?

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:51 AM) 826417590[/snapback]Did anyone notice that HALF of all state championship game participants in 1A and 2A were magnet schools and that HALF of the state champs for 1A and 2A were magnets? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

The point being??? I think this calls for an all magnet league for sports to go along with the all big private league, all small private league, big rich public league, big poor public league, small rich public league, small poor public league, and of course the big "no town support league" and the small "no town support league". If the Tssaa would just change it to that then it would clearly be a level playing field for everyone. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

QUOTE(cbg @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826417418[/snapback]VG,

To me it looks like you are a public school man that feels his kids are no better or no less the athlete than the private school athletes. Do you also feel that the reason that the divisions should be placed back together is that these athletes are going to compete in a global society when they graduate and they need to understand that everything is not going to be easy or fair in life? Do you not also feel that by putting everyone back together it will raise the level of play for both the public and private schools in Tennessee?

cbg...I think every kid that puts the helmet on also puts their britches on the same way. And yes...competiton makes everyone better. Too much emphasis from folks like MPHS who think championships are what high school sports are about. Only a few will win a championship. The emphasis should be the values to be learned from competition.

I point out things like magnet schools like Liberty who can get players from JCM`s zone and yet JCM can`t get players from Liberty`s zone. I point out the fact that some schools are located in a very high income zone of the suburbs and others are in the low income housing zones of inner city schools. I don`t complain about it like some folks do and get on here and say I think they should have to play in a separate league. Sports is not about "feeling good". If it was then we should just give everyone a trophy at the end of the year for participating like we do little kids.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 19 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826417873[/snapback]cbg...I think every kid that puts the helmet on also puts their britches on the same way. And yes...competiton makes everyone better. Too much emphasis from folks like MPHS who think championships are what high school sports are about. Only a few will win a championship. The emphasis should be the values to be learned from competition.

I point out things like magnet schools like Liberty who can get players from JCM`s zone and yet JCM can`t get players from Liberty`s zone. I point out the fact that some schools are located in a very high income zone of the suburbs and others are in the low income housing zones of inner city schools. I don`t complain about it like some folks do and get on here and say I think they should have to play in a separate league. Sports is not about "feeling good". If it was then we should just give everyone a trophy at the end of the year for participating like we do little kids.

That is very well said, it is about values and not just getting a state championship.

And to go ahead and see if i can guess what mphtiger will say "what value is it teaching the private schools kids??? that if you cheat and recruit that you can get ahead in life" and to answer that question i say (with tounge in cheek) that private graduates are statistically more likely to graduate college and therefor do have an advantage... (that was just kidding folk, i don't think the kids are any higher on the totem pole of knowledge or class)

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:05 PM) 826417873[/snapback]cbg...I think every kid that puts the helmet on also puts their britches on the same way. And yes...competiton makes everyone better. Too much emphasis from folks like MPHS who think championships are what high school sports are about. Only a few will win a championship. The emphasis should be the values to be learned from competition.

Feeling good and playing against schools that have a whole seperated set of rules are two different things. MP cannot draw kids from 9 different counties, crap they can only draw from one part of a county. The last I looked you play to win, it just that some privates have taken drastic measures to make sure they win. It is in the process of trying to win that you learn life lessons, and the main lesson I see is 1A football is that there is not an even playing field and drastic measures needs to be taken. I agree with your last statement if a team doesnt come out wanting to win by the rules, then everyone should get a trophy and that would end all the recruiting. (both public and private)

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 19 2007 - 08:01 PM) 826417977[/snapback]Feeling good and playing against schools that have a whole seperated set of rules are two different things. MP cannot draw kids from 9 different counties, crap they can only draw from one part of a county. The last I looked you play to win, it just that some privates have taken drastic measures to make sure they win. It is in the process of trying to win that you learn life lessons, and the main lesson I see is 1A football is that there is not an even playing field and drastic measures needs to be taken. I agree with your last statement if a team doesnt come out wanting to win by the rules, then everyone should get a trophy and that would end all the recruiting. (both public and private)

There you go again.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826417977[/snapback]Feeling good and playing against schools that have a whole seperated set of rules are two different things. MP cannot draw kids from 9 different counties, crap they can only draw from one part of a county. The last I looked you play to win, it just that some privates have taken drastic measures to make sure they win. It is in the process of trying to win that you learn life lessons, and the main lesson I see is 1A football is that there is not an even playing field and drastic measures needs to be taken. I agree with your last statement if a team doesnt come out wanting to win by the rules, then everyone should get a trophy and that would end all the recruiting. (both public and private)

Aaaaaaaactually, there are several public schools that have out of county kids. Many that are BIG time winners. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 19 2007 - 08:01 PM) 826417977[/snapback]Feeling good and playing against schools that have a whole seperated set of rules are two different things. MP cannot draw kids from 9 different counties, crap they can only draw from one part of a county. The last I looked you play to win, it just that some privates have taken drastic measures to make sure they win. It is in the process of trying to win that you learn life lessons, and the main lesson I see is 1A football is that there is not an even playing field and drastic measures needs to be taken. I agree with your last statement if a team doesnt come out wanting to win by the rules, then everyone should get a trophy and that would end all the recruiting. (both public and private)

Ok with the BLUE you flat out say that some privates take drastic measure...... with the GREEN you say there is a big problem in 1A football. I just wanted to combine those two thoughts you had without you saying i was putting words in your mouth. Out of curiosity which teams are taking drastic measures??? (specifically, i am so sick of you saying "privates")

What kind of life lesson is taught when a team looses to a private school and then proclaims that it is completely unfair??? Face it football prepares us for life, life is unfair. Private are better than publics in some things, and publics are way better than privates in some things.

Also, nowhere in his post did he say that if a team doesn't want to win by the rules then everyone should get a trophy. he sarcastically said that if someone wants to split the groups of teams up so that it is more fair and everyone is more happy then the same person might as well give out trophys to everyone like they do in little league baseball just so everyone is happy