Hampton Vs. North Greene

hamptonnumberonefan

Hampton will go up against north greene on friday Hampton's Varsity Will give them a handfull to chew. Johnathan lyons and justin bently will crash the boards and lunceford. Will shoot the trey. the jv team will also dominate the north greene team as they are 10 times better than the varsity and there defense is very good. no one has scored over 45 points against them.

ps if you have a smart remark do not post

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hamptonnumberonefan @ Jan 18 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826336889[/snapback]

Hampton will go up against north greene on friday Hampton's Varsity Will give them a handfull to chew. Johnathan lyons and justin bently will crash the boards and lunceford. Will shoot the trey. the jv team will also dominate the north greene team as they are 10 times better than the varsity and there defense is very good. no one has scored over 45 points against them.

In between your trips running to the water cooler getting water for REAL basketball players, you'd better make sure to keep Coach McLain away from North Greene's cheeleaders... And keep him out of the girls locker room while you're at it.

QUOTE(hamptonnumberonefan @ Jan 18 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826336889[/snapback]

What are you going to do if someone does make a smart remark? Nothing.

In defense of Big Mike, I believe it is hard for a coach just to coach for one night in place of someone because it is still not really your team. I would say that he figures it was one game and he didnt want to screw up with a loss so he just stuck with the normal game plan. This is my opinion, but if something is done with the Mark situation, and Lunsford has to coach the rest of the year, the Bulldogs will be a very solid team come tournament time. Just by looking at his previous job as football coach at Cloudland, it seems to me that he demanded discipline when he was there. He was also a very good coach for Cloudland girls team. They were dominate for many years with him at the helm...

maybe it's just me but i think hampton would be much better off if they didnt try to press the whole game. their press killed them against university high; it seems like it never works, they are not quick enough to do that and dont have the depth. another thing i dont understand is why milhorn is not running the point more. he takes care of the ball better than anyone else on the team and is the only one who can play point guard without having turnover after turnover the team. and for goodness sake get the ball in to bentley thats your bread and butter why we shoot threes the whole game just baffles me, we probably have 2 of the best post players in the conference. but thats just my opinion, and as for the coaching situation i dont know 100% what was said or done and no actions are going to be taken reguardless of what anyone says so theres no use in even discussing that subject anymore. as for the game tonite i think north greene will suprise some people, cloudland only beat them by like 2 i think so i wouldnt take them too lightly, it sounds like they have made some improvements.

QUOTE(H-Town34 @ Jan 19 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826337412[/snapback]

maybe it's just me but i think hampton would be much better off if they didnt try to press the whole game. their press killed them against university high; it seems like it never works, they are not quick enough to do that and dont have the depth. another thing i dont understand is why milhorn is not running the point more. he takes care of the ball better than anyone else on the team and is the only one who can play point guard without having turnover after turnover the team. and for goodness sake get the ball in to bentley thats your bread and butter why we shoot threes the whole game just baffles me, we probably have 2 of the best post players in the conference. but thats just my opinion, and as for the coaching situation i dont know 100% what was said or done and no actions are going to be taken reguardless of what anyone says so theres no use in even discussing that subject anymore. as for the game tonite i think north greene will suprise some people, cloudland only beat them by like 2 i think so i wouldnt take them too lightly, it sounds like they have made some improvements.

Straight from the den. The Huskies may only be 2-12, but the games have been close all season. The team continues to play better together and panics less in tight game situations. They are getting better and the attidtude is much better than I heard it was in recent years. We are not making any predictions ever cause we a long way to go. Someone will overlook us and we will sneak in a get a win. We had the best practice all year and good news on an injury that should help by tourney time. Go Huskies!!! Should be fun tonight.

Coach

QUOTE(Coach Shelton @ Jan 19 2007 - 09:56 AM) 826337478[/snapback]

Straight from the den. The Huskies may only be 2-12, but the games have been close all season. The team continues to play better together and panics less in tight game situations. They are getting better and the attidtude is much better than I heard it was in recent years. We are not making any predictions ever cause we a long way to go. Someone will overlook us and we will sneak in a get a win. We had the best practice all year and good news on an injury that should help by tourney time. Go Huskies!!! Should be fun tonight.

Coach

I think it was a fun night in the den both sides had a cheering section that was very crazy. Overall the predictions of the first post were correct the varsity for hampton blew the out of there own den. and the jv did very well but not playing there best. the varsity score 32-91 the jv score 32-49 cody clemons was the higher scorer in the jv game with 20 points and for the varsity it was john lyons.

the huskies played very well exspecially for the girls 4 overtimes that was crazy.

the jv boys for the huskies were very well coached and played very good. the varsity huskies need to slow the ball down some but overall played very well.

great job dogs and good luck next time and on your future endevores huskies.

ps all scores may or maynot be correct please im not a hundred percent sure on the scores.

thanks

QUOTE(H-Town34 @ Jan 19 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826337412[/snapback]

I agree. I think some tinkering needs to be done defensively. They have a good overall defensive unit, but their full-court press leaves some to be desired. Universoty just ate it up all night. I give props to University High, they are a well-coached, smart-playing team that doesn't beat themselves. Milhorn seems to be the perfect choice for point guard, he runs the offence very well, so I really don't understand the decision to have Bobby James run point most of the time. Bobby works much better as shooting guard, working off picks and driving the lane. That's something I would definately change if I could. There is a ton of talent to work with, and it's only being partially used like it could be. Of course that's been the story at Hampton for a while now. As for the inside game, Lyons and Bentley are a fantastic 1-2 punch, and they should be the first option every time. Shoot some outside to loosen it up if needed, but let the big guys go at it and see what happens.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Jan 20 2007 - 07:21 PM) 826339297[/snapback]

I agree. I think some tinkering needs to be done defensively. They have a good overall defensive unit, but their full-court press leaves some to be desired. Universoty just ate it up all night. I give props to University High, they are a well-coached, smart-playing team that doesn't beat themselves. Milhorn seems to be the perfect choice for point guard, he runs the offence very well, so I really don't understand the decision to have Bobby James run point most of the time. Bobby works much better as shooting guard, working off picks and driving the lane. That's something I would definately change if I could. There is a ton of talent to work with, and it's only being partially used like it could be. Of course that's been the story at Hampton for a while now. As for the inside game, Lyons and Bentley are a fantastic 1-2 punch, and they should be the first option every time. Shoot some outside to loosen it up if needed, but let the big guys go at it and see what happens.

Some very astute observations '88. You wouldn't consider being on staff would you?

Some very astute observations '88. You wouldn't consider being on staff would you?

[/quote

At times, I've wished with all my heart to be a coach at Hampton. At least if I couldn't do it right, I would stand aside and help find someone who could. The boys deserve a coaching staff that does its homework and works with the kids to make them all they can be, on and off the court. the current situation at HHS seems to be getting more and more ominous. More whispering is being done, and a certain coaches absence at HV had more than a few wondering. I heard he had a case of the stomach virus and couldn't make it, but of course many thought of something else. It's a sad story that's not going away, as some would wish. I've followed HHS sports all my life, and I wouldn't trade my loyalty for anything. I graduated from HHS, I bleed Bulldog blue, and I want nothing more than for them to succeed. I just wish more would stand up and get things done.

QUOTE(dog4life @ Jan 20 2007 - 08:01 PM) 826339322[/snapback]

We think a lot alike '88. As for the absence I'd say Nerves are on end for some reason. Something COULD be done but only if people would get together and stand up for what is right

im on the team and he really did have a virus and was hospitalized for that day and the next moring i guess its were he had cancer when he was younger and something happned with his body. this has happned before. but overall he does a very good job helping the team become better but needs to do some other stuff like making the press a little better he has the guys they just have to do it.