Dobyns-Bennett wins #2,000

WaCoJaCo

DB beats Central 65-55 to pick up win # 2,000.

Interesting thing happened right after time expired. DB, was expecting to keep the game ball after the win but Centrals coach ran onto the court and snached the ball away and took it to the dressing room. He did later give it back in the hallway. Maybe he was just protecting it, or maybe he switched it with another ball and is planing on selling the orignal on Ebay.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826338271[/snapback]

DB beats Central 65-55 to pick up win # 2,000.

Interesting thing happened right after time expired. DB, was expecting to keep the game ball after the win but Centrals coach ran onto the court and snached the ball away and took it to the dressing room. He did later give it back in the hallway. Maybe he was just protecting it, or maybe he switched it with another ball and is planing on selling the orignal on Ebay.

It wasn't Tony Vaughn who took the ball away. I think it was an assistant or someone who was working for Central during the game. Coach Vaughn graciously brought the ball back into the Indian locker room which was a classy thing to do. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to all the DB players and coaches through the years. They were all a part of basketball history, especially the great Buck Van Huss, who we all love and miss.

I saw History tonight. The 1st ever High School to win 2,000 games and doing it against the Cougars was about as sa-weet as it could get. Especially after the 1st meeting these teams had earlier this year. Packed House!! DB Fans took the Game Ball to THE BUCK VAN HUSS DOME afterwords for a celebration and they put up 2,000 on the board.

This win count started in 1918 and it is GREAT TO BE A PART OF THE TRIBE!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

QUOTE(ArtVandalay @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:38 PM) 826338505[/snapback]

I saw History tonight. The 1st ever High School to win 2,000 games and doing it against the Cougars was about as sa-weet as it could get. Especially after the 1st meeting these teams had earlier this year. Packed House!! DB Fans took the Game Ball to THE BUCK VAN HUSS DOME afterwords for a celebration and they put up 2,000 on the board.

This win count started in 1918 and it is GREAT TO BE A PART OF THE TRIBE!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Amen.

Roll Tribe Roll

That was the most people I have seen at a Central game in like 15 years. Great atmosphere tonight. I wish the Cougars could have delayed DB getting that win tonight but it didn't happen.

Did anyone see the 2 interviews with Throp on the TV tonight? Throp gave a lot of respect to the Cougars and showed a lot of class. He also made sure to ask Rock if he was OK when him and Sylvester took that spill underneath the bucket.

With Sensabaugh back this team is shaping up to be what everyone thought they would be. Are they now that much more talented or better than everyone else? No, it just seems like the other players fit into their role better now that he is there.