Cascade @ Forrest

FridayMainEvent

Tonight's game was an eye opener for Forrest. They played very passive early on and Cascade took it to them. Congrats to Cascade on a very well played game. How was the game not as close as the score indicated. 51-51 with a minute to go. The shooter for Cascade hit a huge three pointer and got fouled that put Cascade up 4. Cascade won, good job you deserved it. As far as the officiating, well it was bad I agree all the way around. And as far as the turnovers, well that was what Forrest is capable of doing if they play with intensity like they showed in the fourth quarter where they overcame a 14 point deficiet. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(justdidit @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826343447[/snapback]

Tonight's game was an eye opener for Forrest. They played very passive early on and Cascade took it to them. Congrats to Cascade on a very well played game. How was the game not as close as the score indicated. 51-51 with a minute to go. The shooter for Cascade hit a huge three pointer and got fouled that put Cascade up 4. Cascade won, good job you deserved it. As far as the officiating, well it was bad I agree all the way around. And as far as the turnovers, well that was what Forrest is capable of doing if they play with intensity like they showed in the fourth quarter where they overcame a 14 point deficiet. Good luck to both teams.

Your right about Forrest being a good team when they play with intensity but the score would not have been tied if the officiating was actually decent. I agree with you that it was an eye opener and I think that Forrest has a great team. This will be a very exciting finish to the regualar season and an even more exciting district tourney. Who is the best as of this point? Can someone tell me if there is a clear cut favorite or can any of the top four teams beat each other on any given night? I like the Champs being that the district tourney is at Cascade.

Cascade had a big win last night 60-58 over Forrest. The final score did not reflect the dominance exhibited by Cascade last night. The tall Ref. with the mustache obviously had a vested interest in the game some how because he was absolutely terrible. I felt the other two guys called a fair game. At any rate, these appear to be two very evenly matched teams on most nights, Cascade just wanted it more last night. I think the big gun for Forrest needs to learn how to play defense if he has any ambitions of playing at the next level. He couldn't do anything with Day or Hall and they both scored on him at will. This rivalry should be interesting during the district and region tournaments if they get matched up against each other again. From what I saw last night, it should be a great game each meeting!

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826343456[/snapback]

Your right about Forrest being a good team when they play with intensity but the score would not have been tied if the officiating was actually decent. I agree with you that it was an eye opener and I think that Forrest has a great team. This will be a very exciting finish to the regualar season and an even more exciting district tourney. Who is the best as of this point? Can someone tell me if there is a clear cut favorite or can any of the top four teams beat each other on any given night? I like the Champs being that the district tourney is at Cascade.

Now didn't Forrest beat Cascade at Cascade by quite a few?

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Jan 24 2007 - 07:27 AM) 826343570[/snapback]

Cascade had a big win last night 60-58 over Forrest. The final score did not reflect the dominance exhibited by Cascade last night. The tall Ref. with the mustache obviously had a vested interest in the game some how because he was absolutely terrible. I felt the other two guys called a fair game. At any rate, these appear to be two very evenly matched teams on most nights, Cascade just wanted it more last night. I think the big gun for Forrest needs to learn how to play defense if he has any ambitions of playing at the next level. He couldn't do anything with Day or Hall and they both scored on him at will. This rivalry should be interesting during the district and region tournaments if they get matched up against each other again. From what I saw last night, it should be a great game each meeting!

Dominance? Forrest came back to tie it at 51. Had a 20 to 6 run in the 4th. Ref's had nothing to do with that. The foul on the made 3 was a dagger. Shankle is coming off a injury and didn't play last game. Cascade is much improved from the last game. Hall was great last night. He def. didnt play like that last time. Day was about the same as last game just had more help. Don't taint a victory by saying the ref's were bad. They let the guys play on both sides. Be proud of the win and get ready for the next game. I think we'll see game 3 in the district.

QUOTE(voiceofrockets @ Jan 24 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826343585[/snapback]

Dominance? Forrest came back to tie it at 51. Had a 20 to 6 run in the 4th. Ref's had nothing to do with that. The foul on the made 3 was a dagger. Shankle is coming off a injury and didn't play last game. Cascade is much improved from the last game. Hall was great last night. He def. didnt play like that last time. Day was about the same as last game just had more help. Don't taint a victory by saying the ref's were bad. They let the guys play on both sides. Be proud of the win and get ready for the next game. I think we'll see game 3 in the district.

The refs most certainly had something to do with the 20-6 run. At worstCascade should have won by ten points. Forrest did make a late run but take away four horrible calls by the ref and its not a two point game. Either way Cascade has their swagger now and yes you guys did beat us by 17 earlier in the year, thing is though is that its now not then and Cascade is better. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way.

I never said that he refs had everything to do with the game. I stated at the end they called poor fouls. Cascade was the better team last night. I also said your boy Shankle is a ball player along with #20 he is a great shooter. Just glad to see we beat the " best " in the district last night. Should be interesting and should be a rematch in the the tourney atleast once if not in the regionals as well.

QUOTE(voiceofrockets @ Jan 24 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826343585[/snapback]

Different sport, same old melodramic VoiceoftheRockets! If you didn't think the one Ref I mentioned was pathetic it is time you go get your prescription glasses renewed! I said the game was closer due to the terrible calls by this idiot in the fourth quarter. THAT is exactly why you were able to make the run! I'm not tainting a victory I'm only stating the obvious. I also said you have a solid team and on any given night I think either of these teams can win, but LAST night we WERE the better team, no question about it!

The run started when your boy Shankle drove the lane and ran over Day for what anybody on either side of the Gym knew was an obvious Charge. This idiot called a block and that was one of of many terrible calls on his part. The meaningless uncontested three which Shankle hit at the buzzer also made it look alot closer than it was as well. Just curious why if you need 5 points to tie a game with 8 seconds left does your ball hog dribble the length of the floor and make sure he padded his stats with a last second shot rather than pass ahead?

QUOTE(BlueRocket @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826343866[/snapback] WOW, what a game. Congratulations to Cascade on a great game. I can see why you were frustrated earlier in the season. Seth Day was awesome, man can he shoot. Hall was equally impressive in the paint. Good luck with the rest of the season. Maybe we will see you again tourney time.

Thank you, Blue. It was a great game and I expect these two teams to meet again. Neither team is a "one man show" as has been stated by some on here. Forrest has a well rounded team with several contributors. I was impressed with 20 and 34 along with the superstar. ( who didn't have as good a game with the defensive scheme Coach Pope used). I think you can just about flip a coin on each game these two teams play because they are very evenly matched. Good Luck until the tournaments!

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Jan 24 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826344169[/snapback]

Thank you, Blue. It was a great game and I expect these two teams to meet again. Neither team is a "one man show" as has been stated by some on here. Forrest has a well rounded team with several contributors. I was impressed with 20 and 34 along with the superstar. ( who didn't have as good a game with the defensive scheme Coach Pope used). I think you can just about flip a coin on each game these two teams play because they are very evenly matched. Good Luck until the tournaments!

I will have to say the cascade coach keep the rockets of balance for the most part. We also missed some easy put backs early. Hall may have been a factor there. Fact is cascade gave us a good ole butt kickin. I hope the rockets wake up and get hungry again. They showed alot of character fighting back in the fourth. Refing may have been terrible but it was bad for the most part the whole game. You have to overcome those guys. There have been some wise cracks about the superstar as you say. Lets hold off on those comments. Shankle plyed hard and probably was favoring his hand on defense. You are right he did not have a good defensive game, however he still lead all scorers so I don't know how the schemes as you said slowed him down. Somebody for the rockets is going to have to step it up besides him and snapp. I like what casdae has and what we have. I most of all liked the fact that both teams could meet later. We all have to watch out for van buren and eagleville. Good luck to all and work hard rockets or this could happen again friday!