Tri-County Seven - 21 January, 2007

krichunaka

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ghostbuster14 @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826346056[/snapback]

Yes, Hampton beat Avery, BUT Avery just lost 3 of there point guards, 2 to injury and 1 quit! Hampton didn't beat the great Avery team that they had before Christmas. Hampton beat the J.V point guard!

Did that same Avery team ONLY lose to Mitchell Co. by 2 points, the SAME Mitchell Co. team who beat Cloudland by 19? Maybe so. These exscuses are UNBELIEVABLE. I've really enjoyed reading these. It brightens my day. AHAHA!

QUOTE(ghostbuster14 @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826346056[/snapback]

Yes, Hampton beat Avery, BUT Avery just lost 3 of there point guards, 2 to injury and 1 quit! Hampton didn't beat the great Avery team that they had before Christmas. Hampton beat the J.V point guard!

Avery had their same starting point gaurd that they have had all year. Did they have a bad game? Most likely, but that's why they play'em. Credit goes to Hampton.

QUOTE(dog4life @ Jan 25 2007 - 12:10 PM) 826345340[/snapback]

I don't know what you mean by "depleted". Yes they had one guard out but they still had all of their post players who have already signed and had anywhere from an 8 to 10 inch height advantage, so don't start with the depleting comment. As for the Hampton/Cloudland game played earlier, sure the Lady Landers won, as they should but they played awfully well while the Lady 'Dogs did not shoot well, and Hampton still had a chance to win the game, as a matter of fact if I remember correctly the Lady Landers did not pick up their "First Team Foul" until there was 2 minutes to go in the THIRD quarter. Enjoy that win because it meant nothing as the game at Sonny Smith will also because just like last year no one remembers who did what in the regular season. Ask yourself this question King, Aren't the Lady Bulldogs getting more out of their talent than the Lady Landers are? and the Lady Rangers as well? Hampton was not supposed to win anything this year and now you are making excuses for them winning games. Quite funny actually. I wish HHS had the talent that CHS has, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Too bad that you don't have the talent. You may think you are getting more out of your talent, but the Lady Highlanders who lost 75% of their offense last year has put up 15 wins riding the efforts of young sophomores. You and Krich need to seal your lips shut, because you are making a lot of people "hot" by undermining the achievements of the Cloudland Lady Highlanders. We have the clean conference slate, so thats getting plenty out of your talent. Until you put a blemish in that record, don't get on here with your crying about not having the talent. Now, you've made the mistake of questioning the Highlanders heart. I am printing all of this and rest assured, the Lady Dogs will be beat down.

Okay Dog and Lander fans: let it go. You will have plenty to talk about when your next game plays out.

Now, I know there were alot of Lander and Ranger fans/coaches there last night and Dog fans packed their side, so what about the Cyclone-Bulldog game last night?

I thought Hampton played really well early and battled all night long. EHS's depth and height took over, and 7-8 on 3's didnt hurt either!

KING, Sealing my lips shut is about as likely as sealing yours shut. Cloudland has repeatedly been given their due, especially when they beat teams like Unicoi County and South Greene. The problem is, you insist your team's the best, even after the Lady Highlanders have, according to you, underachieved against lesser teams. That's not worthy of top status. And you might remember that I had Cloudland rated number One just a week ago.

Dog4life, I appreciate your participation, and I think you've reasoned very well. I also think that I've been as reasonable as anyone in assessing the Lady Bulldogs to date. But it's rediculous to suggest that I, or anyone, had expected that the Lady Bulldogs ". . . .were suppose to lose every game like they did against UC." No one that I know expected the Lady Bulldogs would lose even a single game like the thirty-point blowout to Unicoi County.

The Lady Bulldogs were picked last in my pre-season poll, not because they were suppose to lose all their games, and certainly not because I expected anyone to spank them like Unicoi County did; but rather, because they, like the Lady Rangers the season before, graduated seven good players. Also, the numerous coaching changes have been well-documented. That's a lot to overcome.

A few posters have already said that Hampton has a pretty good shot to defeat Cloudland, either in the regular season, or in tournament action. CycloneFan commented on how improved your team is.

The Lady Bulldogs are well-coached, and they hustle. There's the credit they deserve. On the other hand, the shot selection last night was as bad as I've seen, by any team, all season long. Do you feel that that's unfair? Do you think the Lady Bulldogs should be given a pass when they play very poorly, regardless of the opposition? Coach Tolley certainly doesn't want it that way. And this is to take nothing away from the Lady Cyclones great effort, however, the game against Elizabethton could have stayed competitive, IF Hampton had taken better care of the ball, eliminated the UN-forced turnovers and taken better shots. And that has nothing to do with respect or reason. But thanks for helping keep the board lively.

[quote name="iQUOTE(i

yes cloudland has won 15 games' date=' but they havent played anyone that is really that good. they dont play elizabethton or avery which i'm sure could both beat them. they've always been known to have the easiest schedules.

[/quote]

Ha! That is the funniest post I've read yet. They've only played South Greene and beat them by 20+. The same team that beat Elizabethton earlier this year. They also played several good teams in the Christmas tournament. The only time the schedule gets easy is during conference games.

Krich, they are the best. Basketball is a funny game. Its almost like you have to have a rabbits foot to win, but everyone who knows anything about the game should realize that Cloudland is tops in the conference. Hope both packs of dogs, the bulldogs and huskies, are ready to be put on a leash!

Lady Cyclones struggled at times tonight at West Greene. They ended up winning by 17, 62-45 but really should have put the game away much sooner than they did. The Buffs led early, but EHS went on a run that spanned the end of the first quarter and second quarter to seize an 18 point halftime lead. They stretched it to 23 early in the third, then let WG get back to within 12 with about 5 min to go in the game.

I guess we shouldnt complain about a 17 point conference win on the road.

Blue Devil rematch looming on tuesday. Lets go Clones!!!